Don't believe the propaganda!

Raijin-Fujin

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to see good advertising. I hate to see bad advertising.

Same as seeing someone with a bad toupee, or trying to impress with mis-used latin phrases, it just grates. It's not a crime, but it has the opposite effect to that intended.

raijin iz Persone Non Gratis.

oh and on the censorship topic.

It's fucking bullshit to delete someones posts because they dont agree with you. No matter how degrading that person is being you can edit out bad words and remind that person to use better language. The person deleting those posts is probably someone that gets butthurt about radio censorship and free-speech.

I am all for capitalism; you want to sell your parents, i support you. Kill the person that speaks against you and thats another story. You want to be a corporate whore, there are ups and downs.

up: youre getting paid (hopefully)

down: you will be questioned.

I really didn't want to respond to all this..

What has to be understood here is that Superfuture is a hugely popular site which has operating costs due to it's high traffic and forum monitoring.

Beyond that, it is also a business which brings in money from ad revenues..

I'll speak only about my experiences... We support Superfuture and in return we're allowed to have a thread updating about product info and are allowed to run promotions from time to time.. from my knowledge nobody's posts have ever been deleted out of our thread for badmouthing product and we don't care if you say anything negative just as long as you keep it civil. At the end of the day we've got a two way street that both parties are happy with.

We also work with SuFu on special events such as the upcoming Superfuture Party 002.SFO, and more to come... In the end, we're trying to find a middleground between hosting a large online community and progress as a business and online resource.

I really didn't want to respond to all this..

What has to be understood here is that Superfuture is a hugely popular site which has operating costs due to it's high traffic and forum monitoring.

Beyond that, it is also a business which brings in money from ad revenues..

I'll speak only about my experiences... We support Superfuture and in return we're allowed to have a thread updating about product info and are allowed to run promotions from time to time.. from my knowledge nobody's posts have ever been deleted out of our thread for badmouthing product and we don't care if you say anything negative just as long as you keep it civil. At the end of the day we've got a two way street that both parties are happy with.

We also work with SuFu on special events such as the upcoming Superfuture Party 002.SFO, and more to come... In the end, we're trying to find a middleground between hosting a large online community and progress as a business and online resource.

I know this isn't particularly relevant to this exact discussion, but I've been curious about superfuture's store listings for a while.

I've submitted a handful of reviews of Portland, Oregon stores with denim in April (Blake and Collier's), and never heard anything back. I assume those reviews are gone forever. However, stores that have been out of business for years are still there. Is the store listing obsolete, dead, and worthless, or is it a pay-to-play thing and the ability for user reviews meaningless, or did my reviews just suck?

I understand you're not running superfuture, but it sounds like you know quite a bit about their business.

I know this isn't particularly relevant to this exact discussion, but I've been curious about superfuture's store listings for a while.

I've submitted a handful of reviews of Portland, Oregon stores with denim in April (Blake and Collier's), and never heard anything back. I assume those reviews are gone forever. However, stores that have been out of business for years are still there. Is the store listing obsolete, dead, and worthless, or is it a pay-to-play thing and the ability for user reviews meaningless, or did my reviews just suck?

I understand you're not running superfuture, but it sounds like you know quite a bit about their business.

Honestly, i have no idea what goes on with NON-message board matters...

I don't think there would've been a big problem if OMC, Uniqlo and Sufu would've created a "Uniqlo Contest Thread" in the beginning and then had a thread to discuss the new uniqlo jeans much like the dior and apc threads. There was no hidden hype thread about julian reds, or the other contests. I think a lot of people feel a bit lied to when OMC started a big advertising thread disguised as a discussion thread and sharing information. I mean, everyone knew something weird was going on with the way the thread began, but it's just a matter of transparency that wasn't there. Sufu can do whatever they want as far as censoring and taking ad revenue, but that was never really the heart of the problem. I still just think it was a bit foolish thinking uniqlo could come in here and throw around marketing bullshit speak and not expect certain well versed people to say something.

The jeans look pretty nice for the price though. Not sure yet if i'd proxy a pair, but i'm definitley hoping i win a free one. Regardless, there is going to be a huge desire for these around these part, especially with a slim straight fit and a skinny fit.

I don't have any problems with SuFu making money. Please note that in my original deleted post I didn't badmouth Uniqlo and I didn't use a single expletive until after I was called a "lily-livered cunt". I was raging against the PR speak and basically didn't buy the stuff that OMC was saying which most people have since learned was pretty much wrong. I was probably a bit agressive about it but certainly not abusive or obscene, unlike the responses and deletion that followed. Also let's be clear, I posted this on the first day when there was no banner and no contest and the thread just looked like a info thread (although it was stickied).

I've certainly garnered more attention than was my intention but thanks to many of you who have given me supportive comments and pms.

I still think it would be nice for people to use this thread to talk about other kinds of misinformation about denim, brands etc., other then the one I started with.

We're all going to find out later that this was some 50 cent vs. Kanye marketing shit.

i dont think its a good idea to sticky threads.

if something is worth talking about it will naturally be kept afloat.

Also, better to admit where you work and just be honest about your reasons for talking about your products. There are loads of brand representatives on here, and none of them are attacked for openly discussing their products... Kato, Edwin Europe, etc... The problem comes when you try to manipulate people with silly PR speak... And prejudice 75% of SuFu because they don't live in the US with your competition.

:)

Another random comment.. indigo is not indigo in the way many people think. Be careful when someone tells you this is 100% indigo, they just mean an indigo color dye was used and did not add a sulphur dye to darken the color. There is nothing wrong with this and it looks great and most good jeans are made that way but it is not the same as natural indigo (which doesn't always look as good as the fake stuff). Some companies also say we use natural indigo, once again misleading because they mean some natural indigo is mixed into the dye. The reason I mention this is because there a few companies out there that do use real indigo and even 100% real (real = natural) indigo. All of the Kaso Some stuff you see is hand dyed in natural indigo and Samurai and I think Oni has done rope dyed natural indigo as well.

Almost 30 years after Baeyer invented synthetic indigo, BASF (still a huge producer of indigo) managed to get the first commercial synthetic indigo dye on market. It was called 'Indigo Pure'. This may have created the slight confusion that you allude to.

As you say, these days, the term 'pure indigo' or '100% indigo' is still used, not to distinguish synthetic from natural, but usually, to denote that the denim is free of sulphur dyes.

For example, looking at the Studio D'Artisan website, the pigboys make a clear delineation between their Natural Indigo jeans and Pure Indigo jeans

http://www.dartisan.co.jp/jeans.html