Don't believe the propaganda!

Raijin-Fujin

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't read the Uniqlo thread until this one either...but for those of us fortunate enough to have some nice jeans in our closet, I'd doubt I'd be tempted to buy a $40 pair

If they are indeed inferior quality (no assumptions as I've never seen them), they'd never get worn when I have better options.

...and if they're actually as nice as the $300 pairs I have, I wouldn't get them because it would make the huge wod of cash I spent on every other pair look ridiculous.

Looking at the new SuFu banner up top, I'd say someone else has more of a vested interest.

All three of the previous contests all have had banners up top. Get over it.

Yeah, basically the problem is it seems your posts were deleted because you criticised an advertiser.

So much for free speech on the internet.

Isnt it kind of prejudiced that uniqlo are only allowing "american residents" to enter the competition when a significant group of sufu users are in UK, East Asia and Europe?

Maybe you haven't noticed but the Julian Red, Uniqlo Tee, and I BELIEVE the Self Edge contests were ALL only for u.s. residents. Maybe you didn't pay attention to the first three but maybe you want to chill out before you assume that one specific party is to blame. But since you didn't know that, probably didn't read the uniqlo thread, and maybe skimmed this one, I'd say half-assed assumptions are all you have going.

This thread is fucking ridiculous

The analogy still doesn't work for me, as again these companies are producing something that simply ISN"T available for cheap. The cheapset raw slevedge you can get is like 95 bucks at the gap, and it is pretty bad quality. But even 95 is double what we are talking for Uniqlo.

I'd say it would be more akin to Mercedes and Porsche owning the market for SUVs and then suddenly hearing that Kia was going to come out with a good SUV for have the price. I that instance, I do indeed think that Mercedes and Porsche would lose business to Kia.

Eh, Mercedes and Porsche cater to a different clientle than say, Kia. Even if Kia were to release a car that could, on paper, compete with the the top manufacturers it still wouldn't take much of MBZ's or Porsche's customers. The fact is, is that a Mercedes customer cares about that little symbol.

It's common sense, you get what you pay for, for the most part. I honestly think with Uniqlo, you get more, but that's just my opinion.

And if I'm gonna speak on the subject, most Japanese repro, slubby, blah, blah denim fit like absolute crap. Sure the denim may be dope, but that shit don't matter if the jeans fit like Wrangler denim from Kohls.

Uniqlo has good, modern cuts, excellent quality/price ratio, so I'm sold on thier products.

Well analogy or not I just think the quality is not on a par with true premium products that are out there, especially in regards to fabric. I agree with goldengloves that they have an excellent price/quality ratio (but they don't fit well on me at all) but I've also had more than 10 years of seeing their products and denim living in Japan and they truly do not compete against the higher Japanese brands. Yanai has done a great job of turning the company around, twice, and I'm sure they we do well here in that same low-end market. (and while my wife knows Yanai I have absoutely no connection with the company at all but maybe I should ask him to pay me to help promote Uniqlo here, I could use the $$)

he's talking about the uniqlo denimz thread...

i think everybody knows they're getting what they pay for...uniqlo's jeans are probably not at the same level as the denims they sell at blueingreen, but then again the people at 45 rpm think blueingreen's marks are not nearly as good as their own.

Wait.. who posted this?

Did you just make an informed logical post?

You need to step up and bring it more often..

Looking at the new SuFu banner up top, I'd say someone else has more of a vested interest. These jeans really don't affect what I do as they are not in the same class. Just because Kia comes out with a nice new car, it doesn't mean that Mercedes is going to lose sales.

Are you saying i don't have the ability to produce a high end vehicle?

Even if Kia came out with a car that (on paper) was every bit as good as a Merc or BMW and was only 1/5 the price, people will still buy MB and BMW over Kia. Because imo (knowing my brother owns a Bimmer), the majority of people who buy these brands are complete badge monkeys. Mercedes could come up with a car that was (on paper) every bit as bad as a Kia, but will still have people queing up to buy it because of that 3 prong star.

What does that say about the average sufu-ian? Well there aren't any arcs or tabs on these jeans are there? lol :D :D

I don't even know what I was talking about.:confused: :D

Remember that Uniqlo's #1 competitor is Gap, Gap tried to go to Japan and deal out to Uniqlo and failed miserably, now Uniqlo is going to return the favor.

Really? I'm half japanese so I spent 4 years of my early life there and a lot of my clothes are from both. I haven't check up on them the last time I went but I can't imagine they "failed miserably". Hell, I have both Uniqlo and Gap jeans.

It doesn't matter to me whether or not onemancult is being paid to promote Uniqlo. Other people would take over the job and we'd still regaurd it as a nice dirt cheap denim like Levi's. Chill out.

Wow, just read this post and while, I believe Raijin may be overreacting, I do think deleting his post is very irresponsible and underhanded. I also believe that this thread was started more because Raijin wanted to start a thread where we can rant about crap we hate and think are over played WITHOUT getting it deleted, because some mouth piece doesn't want dissent on his board.

So lets get the ranting started. I will take up where HJJ left off. I can't stand the current rage over slubby jeans and anyone who thinks otherwise is a lily-livered cunt.

Peace!

I have never said that those who don't agree with me are cunts or anything of the like. I started that thread because I wanted to discuss the slubby craze and see if anyone felt the same.

So, you either go find my posts that say what you said I said, or you apologise now.

HJJ,

UHHHHHH, I was refering to a previous post on this thread. I also wasn't making fun of you, but was trying to shed light on how people, on this board, who stray from conventional thought are demonized. I figured you would know something about that since you also caught hell for calling out beatle.

Also, try not to be so defensive.

Really? I'm half japanese so I spent 4 years of my early life there and a lot of my clothes are from both. I haven't check up on them the last time I went but I can't imagine they "failed miserably". Hell, I have both Uniqlo and Gap jeans.

I remember when Gap came to Japan and launched a big add campaign. Two years later they were still above water but the fanfare was gone and sales dropped off. They are maintaining only because they are not a Japanese brand and that is still a plus in Japan. But their expansion haulted and they may have even closed a few stores, I have not really paid much attention to them these last couple years but they have pretty much dropped below the radar while at the same time Uniqlo has still managed to grow. They did a big fleece campaign a few years ago that was popular then cashmere and I guess denim is their next big push. "failed miserably" is relative I suppose but I meant it compared to what they thought they were going to do or in comparison to Uniqlo.

Yeah, are we still talking about denim, because I really want the kia car that is comparable to the benz.

Even if Kia came out with a car that (on paper) was every bit as good as a Merc or BMW and was only 1/5 the price, people will still buy MB and BMW over Kia. Because imo (knowing my brother owns a Bimmer), the majority of people who buy these brands are complete badge monkeys. Mercedes could come up with a car that was (on paper) every bit as bad as a Kia, but will still have people queing up to buy it because of that 3 prong star.

What does that say about the average sufu-ian? Well there aren't any arcs or tabs on these jeans are there? lol :D :D

I don't even know what I was talking about.:confused: :D

irony tht if u aint buyin TOP TOP shit frm merchedez (i.e. s5/600) then u aint gettin wut u payed 4...the lower lvl stuff like c-class, lower s-class get more profit 2 finance fancy technology on higher s-class.

1 - i think its BS the number of posts that are deleted here on this site...

2 - i checked out the uniqlo S-000 denim - its good for the price. but that being said, i think i like gap's selvage denim better (and when they were on clearance - they were much cheaper than uniqlo's offering as well).

3 - can we add a disclaimer on advertorials? like in magazines - "this is a paid advertisement" or something...

i love how you fucking backtrack and say that the indigo comment wasnt about

uniqlo when you said it in the deleted post and brought it up in private. you're a

goddamned lily-livered cunt.

no one thinks their jeans are on par with sugarcane, i never said they were,

youre the only person on this entire board who feels the need to swoop in out

of nowhere and whinge like a baby.

Wow. I feel kind of soiled by reading all this. You're doing a really good job of putting ME off these jeans. I sure hope they're not paying you, because if I were paying anyone money for PR I would expect a damn sight better job.

Wow. I feel kind of soiled by reading all this. You're doing a really good job of putting ME off these jeans. I sure hope they're not paying you, because if I were paying anyone money for PR I would expect a damn sight better job.

I would also express concerns along with Paul, Chronoaug, Beatle, Rnrswitch and the other contributors that have had some sympathy for Rajin's attempt to address what he considered misinformation.

Not being privvy to Rajin's post that was deemed offensive enough to censor, but let's take OneManCult's word that it was abusive.

It begs the question if Rajin was as critical of Uniqlo as the ridicule that is hurled at other brands on here, unprotected by advertising monies, (such as True Religion), without triggering editorial censorship. Or if any personal insults were any more grave or colourful than the 'liver livered c**t', delivered in risposte.

Taking the moral highground must surely mean to do exactly that. Even if Raijin was untolerably abusive, responding with expletives erodes the highground. It renders censorship is meaningless and hypercritical, and the goodwill towards the brand that was the initial purpose of the promotion, becomes tainted.

The solution would be to censor all profanity (or whatever SF deems offensive) on all threads, rather than have selective critical filtering only on paid ones.