Don't believe the propaganda!

Raijin-Fujin

I made no mention of natural indigo in the Uniqlo thread, I asked if they were indigo dyed or indigo + sulphar dyed you fuck tard. My mention of natural indigo was about all denim brands and how they label those things and was ONLY brought up in this thread. Lie about what I posted all you want but it doesn't change the truth. It is nice to see that bitches still roam in packs.

Once again this thread is not only about U**** but about general misinformation.

Vermin, please... Don't even try making your post in the uniqlo thread seem like an innocent question. You didn't ask shit. You had an agenda from the get and your post in the uniqlo thread was clearly meant to belittle the denim by implying the indigo they used is crap. So please stop that whole this-comment-about-indigo-refers-to-all-brands-in-general bullshit. It's pathetic.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vermin, please... Don't even try making your post in the uniqlo thread seem like an innocent question. You didn't ask shit. You had an agenda from the get and your post in the uniqlo thread was clearly meant to belittle the denim by implying the indigo they used is crap. So please stop that whole this-comment-about-indigo-refers-to-all-brands-in-general bullshit. It's pathetic.

I've actually made the remark about indigo dyeing before in the Samurai thread, go look it up. You can believe what you want.

all this is very interesting.

While I think Raijin maybe needs to calm down and step back, I also think Cult has been literally ramming this particular Uniqo product down the throats of anyone who picks the thread up - There's reporting facts and then there's laying it on thick. Cult has laid it on extra width from the get go. That's fine if he's really fired up about the product in question: if he's getting paid to do it, it's a bit different.

It's obvious that the product in question doesn''t match up with higher end denim brands in either material or details, but the people who buy it on Sufu are either people who easily susceptible to hype or denim enthusiasts with the space for a fun experiment. Personally going from my own experience with these jeans, I think the former will be disappointed and the latter will be quietly impressed up until their first wash.

Personally I'd wouldn't care it if you were getting paid, cos I'd like to think I'm able to make up my own mind about the things that I need/want/consider and it's always good fun watching people hustle.

I've got Greenlines. I've still got A DS pair and I'm convinced on inspection they're the same Kaihara fabric. I wore another pair six months straight dragged around Thaialnd, Vietnam, Laos and Australia and the results were great but like I say enjoy them and don't wash them.

Edit: this post answered a question from OMC that has since been deleted from the thread.

Heard and understood.. I've didn't mean for this to get all explosive but when my post got deleted it pushed a button. Ringring basically said the exact same thing as me but with more tact and it was better recieved.

As someone who makes $200+ Japanese selvage denim it kinda bothered me that these were being offered up as being basically the same. Ringring also noted that these are not up to that level though I'm sure they are better than many in the $100 area. I'll say what I have said 3 times already I'm sure these are great jeans for the price and probably the best in their class. But there is a line that I think was crossed in overblowing these. Not unlike the whole 12mm selvage thing as well.. noboby will know this but I sent a pm to oneman telling him that 12mm vs 20mm doesn't make a difference in how difficult they are to make and onemans explanatiion on that was also corrected by Ringring but once again recieved far better than if I said it directly in the thread... misinformation again that bugged me. I shall try to be more level headed in the future and not come off as a know it all, as I certainly don't. I've learned alot on this board and hope to continue to do so.

Wow, just read this post and while, I believe Raijin may be overreacting, I do think deleting his post is very irresponsible and underhanded. I also believe that this thread was started more because Raijin wanted to start a thread where we can rant about crap we hate and think are over played WITHOUT getting it deleted, because some mouth piece doesn't want dissent on his board.

So lets get the ranting started. I will take up where HJJ left off. I can't stand the current rage over slubby jeans and anyone who thinks otherwise is a lily-livered cunt.

Peace!

Wow, just read this post and while, I believe Raijin may be overreacting, I do think deleting his post is very irresponsible and underhanded. I also believe that this thread was started more because Raijin wanted to start a thread where we can rant about crap we hate and think are over played WITHOUT getting it deleted, because some mouth piece doesn't want dissent on his board.

So lets get the ranting started. I will take up where HJJ left off. I can't stand the current rage over slubby jeans and anyone who thinks otherwise is a lily-livered cunt.

Peace!

i think you're a bit late on the slubby jeans, that ended 3 months ago.

I think I was just kidding. Unless you were kidding... Then of course I was not kidding. But since you weren't kidding and I am now kidding then it might be best that I plead the 5th on that....

Anyways, I still like the usage of lily livered cunt a couple pages back in this post... why wouldn't that get deleted?

perhaps, there's a conspiracy...

raijin and omc creating hype via reverse psychology?!

haha, i really do want to see these jeans to see what the fuss is all about anyway.

if true religion told you everything they did to the denim that they sold, would you buy it?

it's all about the final product, not how it got to become like that.

This might be off topic, but a lot of the posts inferred that price=value, thus uniqlo is worse off than other japanese denim, even if they were produced by the same company, maybe even in the same mill from the same factory. We wouldn't know the quality of this "new" uniqlo line until we see the denim, so at the very least give it a fair chance, the denim might surprise you, albeit very unlikely.

So, in fact, you were the poster with a vested interest here. Somehow I'm not surrpised.

Looking at the new SuFu banner up top, I'd say someone else has more of a vested interest. These jeans really don't affect what I do as they are not in the same class. Just because Kia comes out with a nice new car, it doesn't mean that Mercedes is going to lose sales.

Looking at the new SuFu banner up top, I'd say someone else has more of a vested interest. These jeans really don't affect what I do as they are not in the same class. Just because Kia comes out with a nice new car, it doesn't mean that Mercedes is going to lose sales.

Gotta disagree with you there. "Cars" are a broad and established market. No new car is going to change much and no one who buys mercedes is going to start buying Kias.

However, these expensive ass raw selvage denim companies are offering a specific product that can't be gotten for less. There is no doubt in my mind that if a good pair of cheap raw slevage denim came out on the market a lot of users would switch to that. Hell, I know I would, if indeed it was close in quality. Would the high status trendy jean companies go out of business? No, there are plenty of people who will pay for the status and trendiness (what a company represents is far more important than quality in the fashion world as a whole, not dissing jean companies here). But certainly lots of people would go for the cheaper option.

I mean, look how many APC jeans people on here wear. APC jeans sell for half price or less than many other raw selvage jeans and I'm sure that is a big part of their appeal.

I do agree with raijin to a point though. His posts being deleted, even though he was being accusatory, is kind of messed up just because uniqlo is paying money for advertisements here. He wasn't spreading viscious rumors about the jeans, just questioning the hype (even if it was in a poor way) that OMC was generating on behalf of sufu/uniqlo (i don't think or care if he's being paid or given a free pair of jeans). It's a bit too big brotherish for me. I'm sure the jeans will be good bang for the buck, but i'm sure they'll be below samurai/pbj/flathead/sc in quality, construction, denim, and indigo. Everyone loves bang for the buck so i'm not suprised that there is the commotion over them. I'll probably get a pair as it'll be nice to have a bang around pair that i don't have to worry about ruining.

I still think that free speech should be allowed on the subject of the uniqlo jeans regardless of them being an advertiser as it's irresponsible to just shut down all questioning of the jeans because it may hurt sales or the hype. Beatle was right in saying that this should serve as an oppurtunity to explain in better detail about the jeans. OMC basically took the approach of hyping up a movie with little teasers. However, people here aren't blind patrons and better details must be given, and not just marketing gimicks (mother cotton is super strong, and other techinical stuff that doesn't really mean much). Uniqlo, sufu and OMC should've known that the more experienced members would want more information than the marketing gimicks that uniqlo will put on their website or the tags on the jeans.

That said, i hope i win a pair as i'm interested in them and even if i don't win, i'd consider purchasing them (after seing measurements and fit pics) as they seem to be really great for the price.

Jesus, all of this over a deleted post?

This isn't a fucking Presidential race where everyone's vote counts; It's $40 denim jeans! Get over your deleted post, it probably wasn't anything that people with common sense don't already know.

I think the major thing here is people can't understand how Uniqlo cranks out quality products for so cheap!

OMC- I thought you were getting paid with green tea drinks and 17 year old Japanese girls? You need to collect! I mean come on, they offered $900 mil to Barneys, that's the least they can do.

The official thread really is for the american release of Uniqlo. That comp just pissed off about 3/4 of this thread (seeing as most of us are not in the US). Guess Uniqlo has no intention of marketing their products in Australia. Whatever. If I really wanted a pair, I'll ask a proxy to throw one in with my next big purchase. $40 is about the shipping cost from JP to Aus.

Well obviously things got a bit out of hand but this is an open forum for denim people and maybe some people will agree with me or not, that's all fine and good. I've said things that turned out to be incorrect later, we all make mistakes but censoring someone when they catch you overstepping just sucks. Hype is all fine and dandy but the internet is interactive so you should expect, and allow, that some people we respond in an unfavorable way.

As for the car analogy thing, I'll stand by what I said. APC's are cheaper so people wear them you say, ok fine, people looking for bargains and bang for the buck are certainly going to be attracted to these $40 puppies but then again you are talking about the low-end of the premium market. I don't think Dior is terribly worried, people looking at a Lexus may take a gander at Hyundai but I still don't see the Benz crowd taking a test drive in one. (Personally I think APC is a better product for it's style) Remember that Uniqlo's #1 competitor is Gap, Gap tried to go to Japan and deal out to Uniqlo and failed miserably, now Uniqlo is going to return the favor.