Don't believe the propaganda!

Raijin-Fujin

Since it seems I cannot post my opinions about certain nameless giant target-like Japanese brands in it's own thread as that would be dissension against the powers that be, I'll just post some thoughts here. Feel free to rage against the machine all you like here... or perhaps this thread will be short lived and deleted like my posts.

First thing I'd like to issue with. U*****'s new selvage denim. Like any good company they are gonna tell how great their stuff is and leave out anything that makes it look bad. Somebody here at SuFu has been fed (and who knows, maybe even paid) to brag about how they are offering $200+ premium type denim for $40. Cow pucky. Buy it, wear it and compare it. Mother cotton is all fine and dandy but what cotton? Zimbawe or China? It does make a difference as many of the Samurai crowd like to afirm the good qualities of Texas cotton. They say it will hold indigo and make for good fading... are they even using indigo??? How much of the dyeing process is sulphur based? They say mother cotton is stronger... stronger than what? Is it a long or short fibre cotton? Oh yeah and about the cotton stitching using supima cotton (whoopee), I'd bet some money that they are not using full cotton stitching but rather cotton-poly blended thread instead.. but saying it the other way makes it sound better.

Another random comment.. indigo is not indigo in the way many people think. Be careful when someone tells you this is 100% indigo, they just mean an indigo color dye was used and did not add a sulphur dye to darken the color. There is nothing wrong with this and it looks great and most good jeans are made that way but it is not the same as natural indigo (which doesn't always look as good as the fake stuff). Some companies also say we use natural indigo, once again misleading because they mean some natural indigo is mixed into the dye. The reason I mention this is because there a few companies out there that do use real indigo and even 100% real (real = natural) indigo. All of the Kaso Some stuff you see is hand dyed in natural indigo and Samurai and I think Oni has done rope dyed natural indigo as well.

Ok... others please feel free to rant about other or the above things you have seem that come off as being a bit dishonest and or propaganda like.

I've started a timer.. we'll see how long this thread lasts..

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you need to chill out. if you like it buy it, if not don't. no need to hate on a pair of jeans. i feel the same way about several "heavy hitters" of brands on this board, but its your money at the end of the day

btw, i don't think anyone confused the uniqlos with natural indigo versions.

he's talking about the uniqlo denimz thread...

i think everybody knows they're getting what they pay for...uniqlo's jeans are probably not at the same level as the denims they sell at blueingreen, but then again the people at 45 rpm think blueingreen's marks are not nearly as good as their own.

he's talking about the uniqlo denimz thread...

i think everybody knows they're getting what they pay for...uniqlo's jeans are probably not at the same level as the denims they sell at blueingreen, but then again the people at 45 rpm think blueingreen's marks are not nearly as good as their own.

most logical westside post in known history.

you need to chill out. if you like it buy it, if not don't. no need to hate on a pair of jeans. i feel the same way about several "heavy hitters" of brands on this board, but its your money at the end of the day

btw, i don't think anyone confused the uniqlos with natural indigo versions.

I'm not hating on them, I think they make a fine product for what it is and for that price. I don't like having my questions and opinions deleted from a thread because I'm not touting the fan boy line.

Does anyone here think their denim is = Samurai, Sugarcane etc etc?

If someone wants something under $100 they can't go wrong with those but.....

BTW the indigo comment wasn't about U***** stuff but rather a general misrepresentation that alot of brands do.

this is ridiculous. this is fucking ridiculous.

no one made claims regarding Uniqlo's jeans being better than Samurai etc.-

no one made claims that these jeans use 100% indigo, thanks for pulling that

completely out of your ass.

Uniqlo uses a good quality, non-sulphur,

chem. indigo and even their basic one-wash jeans are rope-dyed.

you seem to have a personal vendetta against this brand, and it is totally and utterly petty and stupid for you to cause problems like this.

if there is anyone else out there who thinks that anything that i've said in the other thread has come across as dishonest or -wtf?- propaganda, please do feel free to voice it here. but yeah, don't expect it to last, sorry.

Perhaps you need reading glasses sparky, I said the indigo stuff has nothing to do with your thread, read it again. As for:

no one made claims regarding Uniqlo's jeans being better than Samurai etc.-

if there is anyone else out there who thinks that anything that i've said in the other thread has come across as dishonest or -wtf?- propaganda, please do feel free to voice it here. but yeah, don't expect it to last, sorry.

And I quote again...

better than many denim lines that cost three times the price of a pair of UNIQLO jeans. replica denim houses who use similar fabric price

their jeans at $200+..

That would include canes, samurai, eternal, ironheart, PRPS blah blah blah so yeah you infer the shit out of it.

i love how you fucking backtrack and say that the indigo comment wasnt about

uniqlo when you said it in the deleted post and brought it up in private. you're a

goddamned lily-livered cunt.

no one thinks their jeans are on par with sugarcane, i never said they were,

youre the only person on this entire board who feels the need to swoop in out

of nowhere and whinge like a baby.

I didn't back track anything and I never resorted to name calling fan-boy but.... I asked how they were dyed and if sulpur was used, but you deleted that whole post so don't come back in here and say I said different. As for lily-livered... big man and big words from behind a keyboard, typical lacky boy fanfare. I hope they pay you enough to pay for all the tums you must need after coughing up all that bile.

Just to be clear my post questioned his statement about the fabric being as good as $200+ premium denim, I stated that it was my opinion that they probably used a lesser quality cotton/thread to get that price. I then asked how they were dyed and if sulphur was used. I was not offensive nor did I personally insult anyone. My post was deleted and I was told basically to fuck off and not say anything that would question the integrity of the mighty onemancunt. Who, in my opinion, was spreadiing disinformation and that I didn't think it mattered if the thread was a sticky or not. Perhaps the thread needs to be labeled "paid for by Uniqlo" like other sponsored threads.

Well - the way I see it - every, and also a sticky thread - should state as much information on a product as possible.

If people question price or quality as in this case , I think it would be nicer to answer and proof them wrong instead of deleting posts.

Not really my business / I was just now reading the thread - never cared about it - but now I was tempted.

Still - any nice sweat pants - hit me with offers

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=632664#post632664

we deleted his post because his comment was immensely negative. he didnt simply ask questions, he cast aspersions on uniqlo and myself and continues to make allegations about me being paid by uniqlo, which are untrue.

you deserve to be called names, because youre acting like a whiny tool.

Better that than uninformed corporate boy toy, and a liar. Show me on any, any official Uniqlo press release where they claim their denim to be as good as $200+ replica jeans.. My 'aspersions' were only cast on you cause I'm pretty sure you are talking out of your ass and are completely out of your depth on the subject. I have said many good things about Unilqo and have been shopping there before this board even existed.

You know what.. nevermind, you just go back to your thread and we can move on to another topic. But I do hope that the next time I attend Coterie (not going this season) we can met up and you can call me a lily-livered cunt to my face. Sound ok?

Just to be clear my post questioned his statement about the fabric being as good as $200+ premium denim, I stated that it was my opinion that they probably used a lesser quality cotton/thread to get that price. I then asked how they were dyed and if sulphur was used. I was not offensive nor did I personally insult anyone. My post was deleted and I was told basically to fuck off and not say anything that would question the integrity of the mighty onemancunt. Who, in my opinion, was spreadiing disinformation and that I didn't think it mattered if the thread was a sticky or not. Perhaps the thread needs to be labeled "paid for by Uniqlo" like other sponsored threads.

BULLSHIT. I read that post before it got deleted. You didn't ask shit. Instead, you went on a little rant about chemicals in indigo much like the third paragraph of this thread's original post, even though no one claimed that the uniqlo denim uses 100% natural indigo. Why bring up a discussion on the nature of indigo in general in the uniqlo denim thread if youre not referring specifically to uniqlo's denim?

Sure, you didn't do any name-calling, but sometimes when a mawfucka is acting like a bitch, you gotta call him a bitch.

BITCH

BULLSHIT. I read that post before it got deleted. You didn't ask shit. Instead, you went on a little rant about chemicals in indigo much like the third paragraph of this thread's original post, even though no one claimed that the uniqlo denim uses 100% natural indigo. Why bring up a discussion on the nature of indigo in general in the uniqlo denim thread if youre not referring specifically to uniqlo's denim?

Sure, you didn't do any name-calling, but sometimes when a mawfucka is acting like a bitch, you gotta call him a bitch.

BITCH

I made no mention of natural indigo in the Uniqlo thread, I asked if they were indigo dyed or indigo + sulphar dyed you fuck tard. My mention of natural indigo was about all denim brands and how they label those things and was ONLY brought up in this thread. Lie about what I posted all you want but it doesn't change the truth. It is nice to see that bitches still roam in packs.

Once again this thread is not only about U**** but about general misinformation.

Gotta say the opening post here seems pretty stupid.

Do actually have any evidence or any reason to believe anything bad about these Uniqlo jeans?

Your whole post STRONGLY insinuates that something fishy is going on, yet you have no eividence. The rest of your post is just "not all cotton is the same cotton! not all dye is the same dye! not all thread is the same thread!!!" but unless you have any evidence that Uniqulo is using inferior dye or wool from a bad geographical area, why both whining about it?

the phrase "similar fabric" does -not- mean "same fabric"

It means it is comparable though. So show me a $200+ Raw Japanese denim that is of the same or lesser quality than U****. Simple and there is no name calling involved. I have some $160 14oz selvage fabric in front of me that I would put up against that U**** stuff any day.

i am still really confused about why you have such a vendetta with that thread to begin with. you want to talk about propaganda, take a look at the dior homme thread or the samurai thread or the flathead thread or the apc thread. you decisions about buying a $40 pair of jeans shouldn't be that much. a pair of $300 dior hommes? hell yes.

Gotta say the opening post here seems pretty stupid.

Do actually have any evidence or any reason to believe anything bad about these Uniqlo jeans?

Your whole post STRONGLY insinuates that something fishy is going on, yet you have no eividence. The rest of your post is just "not all cotton is the same cotton! not all dye is the same dye! not all thread is the same thread!!!" but unless you have any evidence that Uniqulo is using inferior dye or wool from a bad geographical area, why both whining about it?

Because saying it is better than more expensive fabric without giving any real data on it is BS. I asked where the cotton or threads were done and my post was deleted. I never said there was anything bad about these jeans. I'm sure they are great jeans for that price. My insinuations were based on his. His quote about better than $200+ replica brands strongly insinuates they are better than those such brands that are talked about on this forum on a regular basis, i.e. Sugarcanes, Samurais et al..

i am still really confused about why you have such a vendetta with that thread to begin with. you want to talk about propaganda, take a look at the dior homme thread or the samurai thread or the flathead thread or the apc thread. you decisions about buying a $40 pair of jeans shouldn't be that much. a pair of $300 dior hommes? hell yes.

But if anyone in those threads says something slightly negative or questions someones facts or opinions do their posts get deleted? He could have just replied to me in that thread... I'm only slightly perturbed about the whole wana be U***** selvage stuff but pissed that I should be deleted for asking a question and doubting something that was stated as a fact when it wasn't.

Also you are right in that there is propaganda all over, my intent for this thread was not for it to be about THAT thread only but rather to talk about propaganda and various dubious information that is out there... which is why I added that second thing about indigo dyeing which still has nothing to do with what I was talking about in the U*** thread.. in hindsight I should not have put both of those in the same post but I was trying to explain that this thread wasn't just about... sigh....