japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

not sure yet. prob wherever convenient thats cheapest where i wont get any diseases from sleeping on the streets and wont get mugged going home at night. im going with a couple of buddies from college and we're trying to save money.. to spend on goods ;)

actually im open to suggestions. where should we stay thats 1) in a place with easy transportation to the places normal tourists would want to go 2) cheap 3) clean enough? thanks in advance

random question. what does it cost to send a pair of shoes(chucks specifically without the box) to the US from right outside tokyo? standard slow shipping is fine. a friend is gonna possibly pick some up for me and i dont know what to send him to cover shipping. i might proxy but im thinking it will save me a bit.

random question. what does it cost to send a pair of shoes(chucks specifically without the box) to the US from right outside tokyo? standard slow shipping is fine. a friend is gonna possibly pick some up for me and i dont know what to send him to cover shipping. i might proxy but im thinking it will save me a bit.

You mean to tell me you can't find a store in the US that sells chucks?

Why the fuck would you spend the extra dough for the same shit?

maybe he's buying those super blinging chucks aka converse addict

only "cool guy" stores like mr. hollywood and vendor stock them.

vibram sole, super comfy cushioning, and other crazy features

they are like 16500 yen

Isnt there like converse black label or purple label available in japan?

今年でブランド生誕100周年を迎えたコンバースは、この記念すべき年を飾るにふさわしい数々のモデルを発表しているが、10月、ファッションコンシャスな人々をターゲットにしたライン、CONVERSE ADDICTが誕生した。

メンズ限定の初回モデルとして登場するのは、三ツ星デザインのヒールパッチ、右足タン裏のプレイヤーズネーム、シャープなトゥキャップなど、その人 気がバスケットコートからストリートへと広がっていった1960年代のチャックテイラーを彷彿とさせるオールスター。往年のチャックテイラーの細身でスタ イリッシュなシルエットにはスタイルを問わずファンが多く、これまでヴィンテージを探していたフリークには嬉しいニュースだ。しかも、定番中の定番として 長く愛されてきた古き良きデザインを再現しただけでなく、ライニングにはアウトラスト、アウトソールにはビブラムを採用、そしてカップインソールのヒール 部にはポロンを搭載することで機能性も向上している。

セレクトショップやヴィンテージショップなど限られた店舗だけで展開されているが、ファッションだけでなくスニーカーアディクトも魅了するのは間違いない。今後もファッションのシーズンに合わせて新作モデルが続々と登場する予定だ。

チャックテイラー キャンバス HI

(ナチュラル)

16,800円[税込]

チャックテイラー レザー HI

(ブラック)

24,150円[税込]

Leather chucks for 240 USD? B.A.L.L.A. Status

You mean to tell me you can't find a store in the US that sells chucks?

Why the fuck would you spend the extra dough for the same shit?

There's a whole line of Converse releases exclusive to Japan.

http://www.converse.co.jp/

http://www.converse.co.jp/products/

http://www.converse.co.jp/products/chuck-taylor/

The ABC mart specials are epic fail.

They look shitty and only go up to size 10.

I don't know why but those ABC mart exclusive vans look like shit too.

Syndicate and vault vans are outrageously expensive there.

I saw a pair of syndicates at FTC for like 18000 yen.

Apparently, w-base and NSW store are getting super exclusive "city-attack" nike pisuto shoes on the 20th. I would cop but they are red. I dun wear red shoez.

actually im open to suggestions. where should we stay thats 1) in a place with easy transportation to the places normal tourists would want to go 2) cheap 3) clean enough? thanks in advance

check craigslist. I'll be in Setagaya in august. I'm going with my friends and we found an apartment to sublet through craigslist. we got a great deal, worked out to roughly $270 per person for 17 days. there's probably other deals floating around...

edit: is there any website out there that has a well-represented list/calendar of forthcoming music events in tokyo? I'm curious as to whether I can catch any of my favorite DJs playing in the city

Hi guys!

"First post here so ignore my noobness" ;)

Going to Tokyo the 19th of July, for an internship. I have some days off, and was wondering if you got any tips on like shops to visit with "typical" Japanese fashion? Have been there twice (with parents tho, so we only visited the "major" brands, before we went for the mountains), but didn't really get a chance to see too much of Tokyo.

Cheers,

Rens

edt; Might as well pose a bit: internship at the Ritz 8)

uniqlo

beams, united arrows, nanouniverse, ships, OIOI

hare, rage blue

as typical as shit can get

Great thanks.

staying in the Waseda area, heared it's pretty close to an university, you might know if that's right?

x

edit;

nevermind, never felt so stupid :')

off topic question

how much is mihara's stuffs retailing for? are they hard to come by??

really liking the fw09 outerwears.. especially the coats

expensive but no as expensive as imported labels e.g. ann, RO

hard to come by? what does that even mean? you can buy their jawns at isetan or sosu mihara yasuhiro.

i've never paid retail before. i have purchased a pair of pants used on the runway for ~165 USD at SOSU. I think the retail was like ~400USD.