japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

I happened to be around Shibuya for the Supreme store opening -- I can't imagine waiting hours for that crap. I don't even think there were exclusives.

In Chicago, the Supreme crowd is the Urban Outfitters crowd...not sure how that reflects on tongue-in-cheek anti-fashion

I am visiting Tokyo for ten days! It's so cold here, damn!

What are some things/ sales I must do and find while I am here? I downloaded the superfuture app already and will be following that sorta closely as an added itinerary.

Also, I'm looking for a pair of drop crotch pants. Just slightly dropped. Is there a good place to find affordable ones? I've seen a couple very stylish locals wear some that I really liked. They were sorta wool ish, not sweatpant material. I wanted to ask the brand and where they got them, but my Japanese is pretty poor.

This city is very exciting!

Isetan just started their sale yesterday. Will be a total shit show this weekend. Go next week.

Joppers (however they are spelled) - you can find them at most select stores like beams, UA, american rag cie, and etc

It really depends on what kinda style you are into. Kinda hard to make a suggestion based on what you described.

Thank you. Well, I really won't know till I see them, because I don't really know how to describe other than fitted but slightly dropped. They weren't overkill. One pair I saw a man wearing seemed to be a wool . Maybe they go by a different name in Japan. I walked ALL over Ginza and shibuya yesterday just going into any store I could and searching for that style. I just thought their would be some local brands in the mid range priced. I honestly don't know where to look, other than just wondering around. A google search doesn't usually help because all the drop crotch pictures are REALLY dropped.

So what I am looking for is, something that is slim sorta fitted in the legs, regular waist rise, but then the crotch seat area is dropped a little to give a sorta relaxed look. Haha, that's the best I can do. Trying to avoid sweatpant material.

2010622_16_D.jpg?h=600&w=500

Like this? These are NOT called joggers.

Ginza is probably the worst place to go look at mens stuff.

You should hit up men's lumine, ciao panic, ships, and etc in shibuya

SUPREME is getting outta hand.

I've been wearing supreme caps a lot these days, sorta weird but I'm liking streetwear more (not the audience though). Can't do the stupid stuff I've seen a lot lately though (say blazer/peacoat/overcoat + supreme cap). I like the look of caps with a leather, it's a casual douchebag thing for sure but fashion is so unappealing these days.

Edited by Fuuma

I went to Julius flagship today. I kinda shit a brick once I realized how much international mark up is. The new season looks great in person.

Ragtag blew my mind. Got a couple really old CDG homme items for mad cheap.

Still on the hunt for decent drop crotch pants. Shibuya is amazing...got to explore for a bit more this time.

Diakayama was so rad, and there have been tons of sales everywhere. Got a nice leather jacket from Shellac today...a fraction of what H. Lorenzo would've charged too.

Although, damn do you guys like to crank the heat indoors. Its like a 102 in every restaurant and department store

Japanese people are just cold all the time. I went snorkeling with the misses in Hawaii and she was complaining how cold it is, it was frigging 80s out.

Have fun w/ your future wifey tonight herpsky.

Wrap that shit up.

Don't want any little herps running around causing ruckus in Roppongi.

I forgot to mention. It wasn't the gree chick. It was the two BZs I always hang out with. They b from my elementary school. We got some samugyopusaru and chilled.

JueQ6xk.jpg

She's actually cute.