japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

Speaking of performances, I am really excited about this. Antony [of Antony and the Johnsons] performing with Kazuo Ohno, one of the founders of butoh, along with his son, Yoshito.

Yeah. I've barely listened to Antony, but I'll definitely go to one of these shows. Love William Basinski so that'll be cool, too. Will probably go on the 12th since Do Make Say Think is playing on the 11th, and although I haven't heard their latest two releases, Goodbye Enemy Airship is one of my absolute favorite albums. Haven't seen them perform so that should be fun, hopefully.

EVERYTHING 50% OFF AT ISETAN (except a few import labels)

e.g. wackomaria, JLS, attachment, wjk, nn, porter, factotum

EVERY-FUCKING-THING

go get em

Okutama has quickly become my favourite city retreat. I first went there last weekend and walked around for nearly two hours. On my way down a mountain road I ran into an old man and his wife driving up the mountain; the man apparently "owns" (language barrier probably came into play here) the mountain I was walking on and was overseeing development on it. I continued down and they quickly followed, inviting me over for tea.

Went back yesterday and took a bus to Okutama Lake area to check out the abandoned Okutama Lake Ropeway.

pict0922j.jpg

pict0925.jpg

pict0947.jpg

pict0972n.jpg

pict0985.jpg

pict0987.jpg

pict0998.jpg

pict1007o.jpg

pict1011.jpg

pict1025.jpg

Someday I hope to go. Vice Magazine had a big feature on it and mentioned it being open for tours. I haven't seen anything else about that, though I haven't bothered looking more into it.

It has been a top interest of mine for probably around ten years, since a Japanese friend mentioned it to me. That and stumbling across the book City of Darkness, about Kowloon are what really got me into exploring interesting/underground city features, ruins, etc.

Combining both of those, I wish I could have seen 軍艦アパート in Osaka.

i went to isetan today too lol

just got a cardigan from tomorrowland D:

you are better off selling those to a sufu sheep.

those consignment stores low ball you like crazy. the $ is so bad that you feel like you might as well throw away the jawn.

that sounds really bad ....

10x down the value . the fuck

yeah

dont be surprised if they offer you 10,000 yen for RO dunks

it's super ridiculous

i don't think ive ever seen a place that let you name the price and give you back some percentage of the sale price ala sneaker consignment stores in the US

herpsky definitely speaks the truth. the best place is by far the supermarket, people looking for shit all over that board, and no middle man to skim any money off. only hassle is shipping, but that's not even an issue with ems being cheap and reliable.

went to asia just now .

worse experience ever ...

lost my key , waited 1 hour to verify my bag , paid 3 sen yen , bouncer trying to challenge to a fight because they had more people .

fuck that place.

sucks.

why do you keep going to clubs in shibuya?

no love for daikanyama or roppongi?

what are the best clubs these days?

honestly clubbing doesn't do much for me, tend to get bored after a few hours, but there's bound to be some clubbing in the coming months.

i liked womb and a few of the daikanyama clubs three years back, still good or got worse?

i generally have no love for roppongi, but i'm open to be proven wrong.

anyone know if the Undercover stores have the A/W on sale yet?

As far as I know, this is how their sale works.

If you are just a "regular" customer, the only sale you would have access to is the isetan sale. Aoyama flagship never has sales.

If you are a 顧客 (as in VIP customers who get invitations to doll making and shit like that), you would have access to discounted jawns both at aoyama and isetan.

Then, there's another VIP level. I have no idea what they are called but they are pretty much ~Super VIP customers.

They can purchase things at 40-50% off in November-ish. As time goes on, they buy shit at 70-80% off.

In summary, the regular sale is just a bunch of super shitty left overs.