japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

anyone have a picture or know of somewhere i can find an image of the stamp (the one's that they burn onto your stick) you receive at the summit of fuji? climbed it last year but i never got a walking stick and i wanna get a tattoo of that...

I'm djing this Friday at Fashion Bar in Azabu Juban. It's only the 3rd of these events and the party is already ridiculously off the hook. These are just buzz building events before the official launch date for the event will be the 20th of February and feature myself and DJ Kango. Thereafter it will be the first Saturday of the month. The party is called Diamonds :)

Last week's event:

If any Superfuturians want to come through this Friday or on the 20th, let me know and I'll sort you out.

db

The place is seriously called Fashion Bar? I know there are some stupid names on Japan, but come on.

"We aren’t just a place of leisure and celebration but a fashionable atmosphere where people in the industry can make great contacts and explore the endless possibilities others involved with fashion have to offer. In high hopes to help network Tokyo’s photographers, make up artists along with models and stylists F. Bar is here to cater to your cravings."

Great.

When I saw "Eataly" in tokyo I thought silly japanese, then I see a sign for an Eataly opening up near my apartment in NY.

What does that even mean?

A restaurant like zaiya on 41st?

Thereafter it will be the first Saturday of the month. The party is called Diamonds :)

db

Damn Bento, that's awesome. Think you'll be around there in June? I'll be sure to check it out when I'm there this summer. Always looking for fellow DJs around the globe.

^nice.

where is this?

did you get tickets to antony and the ohnos? they were all sold out when I tried to buy. :(

多摩湖

Nooooo I didn't. I can't believe I didn't buy one immediately. There is a ticket selling/exchange post in the Antony community on mixi, but I haven't had luck so far. Most people seem to just be looking to exchange their tickets for the other night.

多摩湖

Nooooo I didn't. I can't believe I didn't buy one immediately. There is a ticket selling/exchange post in the Antony community on mixi, but I haven't had luck so far. Most people seem to just be looking to exchange their tickets for the other night.

yeah, i'm not sure why I waited this long either. i'm not on mixi (maybe i should be?) but if you happen to stumble across more tickets than you need, please let me know!

any other good shows in the near future you know about? besides checking certain specific labels, i only use tokyo gig guide for info. Do you know of any better, or just different, site?

Sunday night is the classic Che-Shizu line up of Chie Mukai, Tori Kudo (Maher Shalal Hash Baz) and Takuya Nishimura (Fushitsusha) playing with the great Korean folk singer Kim Doo Soo. Shibuya Koen-dori Classics.

10th is Masami Kawaguchi's New Rock Syndicate with 魔術の庭 (new band with Overhang Party people) [a night of super noisy psychedelic rock] at Showboat.

If you have an idea of what you are looking for, I would recommend just checking out the artist or livehouse's webpages.

i saw nishimura when i stayed in tokyo (4 months), although i am a much bigger keiji haino fan. i saw him at least four times and it was incredible.

i'd ditto just checking the livehouse/venues websites and seeing their schedule. generally a certain venue caters to a certain genre. all the stuff i was into generally was at superdeluxe/earthdom/liquidroom/ufo club and o-nest.

ことえり is fucking useless

Amen. Hallelujah. Peanut Butter...