japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

im going to tokyo w/ my gf in two weeks. this will be our first time really exploring the city but we will only be there for 1 week. so if anyone has ANY recommendations of what we MUST do while we are there, restaurants to try, best sights/parks/places to check out, etc., let me know! non-touristy or even touristy things, if you think its worth the time for a first-time traveler, then please suggest it to me, it' would be really really appreciated.

ps. i think we have most our shopping destinations figured out, so i'm mostly looking for other activities/food to do during the morning, day, and night. we will be staying in the Ginza area near several of the subway lines.

thanks.

I should be in Tokyo in November.

I will eat ramenz, buy BAPE and get hustled by Nigerians. I would also like to visit a Panchira cafe. Maybe Mr. Matsu can recommend one.

Definitely get some locals to take you out. TKO is a tough place to crack if you don't speak the language and are a foreigner.

I was there in March and was lucky enough to go out with some peeps from the Tokyo office. Just some semi-tame karaoke, excellent dinner in Ginza and a visit to some interesting places in Shibuya. Unfortunately didn't get a chance to go to any panchira cafes or simulated subway "feel-up" trains or image clubs. Next time. Next time.

Definitely get some locals to take you out. TKO is a tough place to crack if you don't speak the language and are a foreigner.

I was there in March and was lucky enough to go out with some peeps from the Tokyo office. Just some semi-tame karaoke, excellent dinner in Ginza and a visit to some interesting places in Shibuya. Unfortunately didn't get a chance to go to any panchira cafes or simulated subway "feel-up" trains or image clubs. Next time. Next time.

For sure. I've been before, but didn't really get to experience any places popular with locals, etc. and mostly did the touristy stuff. I did get to an onsen full of naked old men and a Roppongi strip club to try and forget the naked old men, but that's about it.

I will be heading to Tokyo in January, as i had a free ticket on Frequent Flyer miles. I am not sure if it will be safe to go alone, so can anyone help a university student out on where is some cool places to visit, drink and stay, on a budget that isnt too hostel-esque?

And is it true the drinking age is 20 over there, and does anyone know if it is hard to get away being 19 hahaha.

Much thanks...

Safe, yes. Budget-friendly, no. Don't go all the way to Tokyo having to scrimp, it's just not fun. I did that as a teenager. Apart from sitting on your ass outside the train station, or walking, walking, and walking, which is free, it's gonna cost you money to be anywhere else. You have til January though so I suppose you can come up with enough scratch to make for a good trip, but give yourself a couple hundred dollars a day for each day.

i tell jap gurls that i like m-flo and rip slyme

i be like

ey lets kareoke this shizz

its my jam

i rap verbal and ryouehi and u sing melody

a long time ago (about a week), on a campus very far away (at least from you) I was at the outdoor ampitheater, looking for my biochem binder in the grass and wondering how the hell I was gonna pass Exam 3 without my notes. It was dark out, the streets lit by rustic vintage lamps, and a cool breeze drifted this strange rhythmic beat across the stage. I figured it was probably coming from the Social Work building behind it; the doors were open (strange) and the lights were all on. I found my binder near the steps, grabbed, and headed inside. The bass got louder and louder, and I could hear the lyrics...Japanese. I ended up at Room 118. I peered in. I see a rather large group of perplexed, confused African-Americans SMHing at the monitor in front of them, a video of m-flo's "miss you" live.

"Nigga naaaw, what the hell you put this shit on for."

"Chill brah, look at them legs."

"oh, damn. that's straight"

"Dick deep. That's all I'm saying."

"Oh lookatthisnigga, where'd you get those shoes?"

And then they turned and saw me. And I was like..."I'm gonna be honest, I expected dipset."

And so I joined them. I watched random rap videos and watched bitches jiggle until 4am. Then I realized my exam was in 3 hours (well, 4, but i was panicking) and I didn't know how to connect the reactions of the urea cycle with the CAC.

Fuck.

Guest jmatsu
you'll never get carded in tokyo. and bartenders don't care at all if you're underage.

hes probably talking about getting into clubs.

Guest jmatsu
same thing. You've been carded going to clubs?

I haven't.

yeah. not often, but it happens. if he is a gaijin, he most def will need his id for going to discos and shit.

weird, I never got carded once the 6 months I was there.

I guess it depends how you roll.

No one is gonna say no to a group of young, beautiful French models, that's why!

you'll never get carded in tokyo. and bartenders don't care at all if you're underage.

If you go to a club, not a bar, they will ask for ID. I haven't been to one that doesn't. And they ask everyone. Also, almost every clubs website you enter has a special pop up that says not to forget your ID. I'm talking clubs though, not Gasspanic or 911. If your only 19, chances are you wont want to go to a club anyway so you should be OK.

First post woo...I never got carded last summer in Tokyo or around Kansai, maybe because I don't look too gaijin, but I was refused service at a few establishments in Gion (perhaps because I'm not a full breed).

I'm going back in July...and why chase girls around Roppongi when you can be a real creeper and chase them around inside Shibuya 109?

I'm going back in July...and why chase girls around Roppongi when you can be a real creeper and chase them around inside Shibuya 109?

Cuz I don't get down with yamambas.

U really wanna fuck these monsters?!

220580666.gif

Besides, I'm just giving a recommendation.

I have a strict NO ROPPONGI BITCH policy.

Don't wanna get no nigerian / iranian STDs or anything U kno WaT I MeaN!?@@?@!

Guest jmatsu

the picture moves too fast, but i think i would fuck the middle bitch in the pic with like 4 bitches. all you niggas would. don't front like you wouldn't...

cheaper than fuckin soaplanz.