Visvim F/W 07.08

mike lowrey

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the whole collection is as bad as what's been shown so far does that mean any of the following:

1. Big sales in the Spring?

2. As no one's buying it... less ppl stock it?

3. As less ppl stock it due to lack of desirability, less quantity needs making therefore an even higher price tag starts to appear.

4. Higher price tag means even less ppl buy it, so...

5. Hiroki buys a ticket (one way) for American Airlines and says, "HARRO GEEEE - RRRINE!!!!"

6. America can't get enough... more stockists therefore more manufacturing...

7. Quality goes right out the window, yet prices remain the same.

8. Garments start appearing with "made in Mexico" on the label.

OR insert following for alternate timeline:

4.i. Visvim goes bust by S/S 08?

4.ii. Hiroki "leaves" honeyee.

Your thoughts re which of these may be come applicable in the future.

If the whole collection is as bad as what's been shown so far does that mean any of the following:

1. Big sales in the Spring?

2. As no one's buying it... less ppl stock it?

3. As less ppl stock it due to lack of desirability, less quantity needs making therefore an even higher price tag starts to appear.

4. Higher price tag means even less ppl buy it, so...

5. Hiroki buys a ticket (one way) for American Airlines and says, "HARRO GEEEE - RRRINE!!!!"

6. America can't get enough... more stockists therefore more manufacturing...

7. Quality goes right out the window, yet prices remain the same.

8. Garments start appearing with "made in Mexico" on the label.

OR insert following for alternate timeline:

4.i. Visvim goes bust by S/S 08?

4.ii. Hiroki "leaves" honeyee.

Your thoughts re which of these may be come applicable in the future.

I think all of these are a bit pesimistic. (apart from 1. , i can see some sales coming) Hopefully all that will happen is Visvim will realise that theyre new direction flopped and they try a lot hard next season. I cant see most of the stuff just not selling, it'll appeal to some.

add this one - 9. visvim starts appearing in tkmaxx

I think all of these are a bit pesimistic. (apart from 1. , i can see some sales coming) Hopefully all that will happen is Visvim will realise that theyre new direction flopped and they try a lot hard next season. I cant see most of the stuff just not selling, it'll appeal to some.

add this one - 9. visvim starts appearing in tkmaxx

Well, I hope someone over there has been following this. I just can't see how they are off so completely with one line and then so on point with the other. Or is it just the outside influence from companies such as Soph. or Neighborhood or CDG that produces these much better products? Right now I'm just very surprised what has been and is coming. Some stuff is excellent, some stuff is just plain trash. Trying to appeal to too many different customers at the same time? It does hurt the brand. Am I repeating myself...?

Have they changed their branding agent / style advisor? Maybe they know things we don't.

OH - and why is Hiroki showing this stuff on his blog if nobody can actually get it. Is this some sort of a joke? Looky-looky-you-can't-getty-you-can-only-getty-the-crappy-we-give-to-rest-of-worldy???

Palmer Quilted L/S Tee and the Welded Oneida L/S Shirt are mine. Not feeling the Logan Lo model too much. No match to the mids.

where are pics of the logan lows?

i neeeeed to see them´

edit1: just saw them....shitty.

i was hoping they would do the eras instead of the old-skools for the logan lows....oh well....

well i was expecting it because they went like this:

logan hi=sk8 hi

logan mid=half cab

logan low= would make sense to be another vans model

and eras with a better looking vulcanized sole ,elk leather and a slimmer profile would be crazy good.actually, i don't even understand why they didn't slim the overall silhouete of the old skool since that's what they did with the other logans...

oh well, visvim is making some really bad moves this season, the only piece i liked so far is one jacket that is on that blog, the one with the oversized 4 pockets in the front.

Despite the update on HB about the new A/W coming up I hear they have some other stuff that is suppose to be crazy.

About the sewards: I heard it was 2 designers fucking around, they have been taken care of.

Anyways looking forward to some new stuff from visvim.. really liking the alaska theme ... i love alaska ive been there like 3 times.. i think i will go there again ...

Today is the day I officially hate re-sellers with a passion.

Went to FIL today at 12:00. Security guard says you need a special invitation pass or else you have to wait until 6pm. I'm like $hit, I have to kill 5 hours before I can go in.

I find out the Christo's drop today and I was planning to pick up a pair for Kiya and myself. I'm walking around Harajuku and I see a whole bunch off white bags lined up on the sidewalk. There were a dozen of men standing around for their rides to pick up their goods. I would say there were at least 40 bags, each with Christo's in them.

I asked if anyone one spoke English to get the story behind trying to get a pair. They directed me to this chinese guy and he said they're all sold out. (sorry Kiya) Then he had the nerve to ask me if I wanted to buy a pair for more than retail. What an A$$.

Sorry for the long story, but that literally pissed me off. Picked up a catalog though and it comes with a pretty nice Alaskan landscape poster. btw.. Visvim G-line sucks..camo FBT =/ except for some G-line wallets and backpacks. But seriously Visvim needs to get rid of that logo.

If you guys want, I can take pictures of the catalog pages and post them up, but give me some time.

Today is the day I officially hate re-sellers with a passion.

Went to FIL today at 12:00. Security guard says you need a special invitation pass or else you have to wait until 6pm. I'm like $hit, I have to kill 5 hours before I can go in.

this is so fucking retarded, i hate when companies start to feed the resellers, it's all going downhill for visvim if they keep up this scheme.

Exactly, I re-read that 3 times and still don't get it.

Wait, what?

You are not allowed to go in because you don't have an invite, but all the people who have an invite are resellers (anyone can tell who are resellers straight away) and buy up all the stock?

So Visvim encourages people to make money with their product behind their back, and by doing this they make it harder for the people whoe are genuinly interested in buying (one of the few decent) pieces???

WRONG!!!

well, actually, it is a well known economics theory, by upping their prices with the resellers, they are creating a bigger need on a "luxury" product, the fact that it becomes more expensive makes it more desirable and rare(customers can't buy the best items, but will still buy any shit they put out because of the "high" price the brand has in general, bape was an amazing example of this).

Re-sellers probably take the money risk involved and visvim probably gets some money on the side so that they(re-sellers) have this kind of benefits like getting the first chance to buy the products.

bape did well with this, very well, and it is probably gonna succeed with visvim too.

sad but true