Sign in to follow this  
mike lowrey

Visvim F/W 07.08

ok time for a new topic, the old one is so long and crowded. let try to keep repetitive questions to a minimum and talk about the collection and items, so everyone looking for sizing info do a favor for everyone and search/browse the other threads first:

Visvim F/W/S 2006-2007 thread

Visvim sizing Questions thread]

as for the new collection, it was already discussed in the old thread but its probably the weirdest Visvim has done. they've invented a ridicilous looking skechers-esque logo which is thrown on the new FBTs and will also be on one of the new e-cats dropping later this season. backpacks this season will have some rather ugly looking details, apparently same goes for new e-cats. for the record the ones posted so far have all been either S/S ones or UC collabs.

F/W 07-08 catalog in PDF, courtesy of Rirawin (rep his skinny ass)

invi.jpg

fbtseward.jpg

WTF edition Skechers x FBT's

and now presenting Visvim..uh.. Rice?? (just a guess but probably sourced from Alaska - but then again, didn't know Alaska was famous for it's rice, all the while I've always thought of fish)

vsvmrice.jpg

now see,this is just plain stupid.

and now presenting Visvim..uh.. Rice?? (just a guess but probably sourced from Alaska - but then again, didn't know Alaska was famous for it's rice, all the while I've always thought of fish)

vsvmrice.jpg

im done with visvim. don't give in to the hype.

Maybe Hiroki should become a packaging consultant for other brands since that's the thing that has been veryvery good ever since they started...

I know some of you have the visvim catalogue for this season

any chance of some scans?

I need more info on the undercover x visvim x rice a roni collab

I dont know of anyone that would have the catalog. some have said that they're out, but I havent seen them circulating anywhere so far.

collabo items are usually not included in catalogs, just the regular season lineup.

Maybe Hiroki should become a packaging consultant for other brands since that's the thing that has been veryvery good ever since they started...

Agreed. I'd like to see a "Visvim Packaging" thread. Design work is usually pretty inspirational as well.

Not a huge fan of the product, generally, but that's neither here nor there.

Although, the fit looks awkward as fuck, this Turnagain Pass tee is sick...

bc7ca5c80cvw7.jpg

... shit reminds me of Charles Meecham's photo for the cover of Joy Division's Atmosphere single...

facus2cady4.jpg

Visvim rice? Hahahahahaha. What is it? Some top of the line rice or some shit? I'd rather have my Jasmine & Dragonfly rice from my local Asian Supermarket...

Those yellow/brown sand/blue FBTs are hideous. Those sole's look ridiculous. About the logo just switch the skirts around so the logo is facing inwards. Thats what i did with my shakers. Retail has gone 23100 to 27300 in 3 years. Hype kills.

I wonder if the rice tastes as good.

There taking it to another level. Anyways does anyone know retail on the tees?

I've seen some go for $120 and some go for $200. It all depends on which tees.

I think the rice is symbollic of the fact that the FIL is actually in an old rice factory.

Either way, it is a strange item, arguably no more strange than the bulbs in the previous seasons though.

Turning into Bape or something...

Soon we'll see toilet paper and whatnot.

The FBTs aren't too bad if you cover the logo with jeans or take off the shroud entirely.

Agreed. I'd like to see a "Visvim Packaging" thread. Design work is usually pretty inspirational as well.

Not a huge fan of the product, generally, but that's neither here nor there.

Ditto on that. Handled several visvim products and their packaging have always been top-notch.

Turning into Bape or something...

Soon we'll see toilet paper and whatnot.

The FBTs aren't too bad if you cover the logo with jeans or take off the shroud entirely.

I hate seeing this comparison.

Anyways if any of you guys remember me posting that I would email Visvim about their QC... I finally got a reply. I am not sure if I should post up the mail on the board but yeah. My feedback got forwarded to Hiroki says Matthew the person I am corresponding with. So in the mail it basically said how they appreciate my feedback and how they are looking into the QC in the Korean factory. They also requested some photos of the shoe I wrote in about, my SS06 Mowats. Going to take some shots tomorrow and send them in, hopefully all goes well.

Although, the fit looks awkward as fuck, this Turnagain Pass tee is sick...

I doubt the fit is any different from past seasons tees which have always been pretty good imo. cant say for sure though untill I've seen one. but yea I really like the photo as well.

Anyways does anyone know retail on the tees?

retail on the tees is 9,240

just sent payment today for my first pair of visvim shoes. they are the logan mids in black.

looking forward to wearing them.

I want to eat visvim rice and shit on bape toilet paper.