New developments in the Levi's vs Japanese repros story

Charlie Delta

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Levi Strauss's second-quarter net income plunged 98 per cent because of weak sales of Dockers and Levi's. The company – which began making its famous jeans in San Francisco in 1853 and which is one of the world's largest brand names in clothing – is considering moving its headquarters and all 1,000 employees across the Bay Bridge to Oakland to save money.

ouch. at this rate, they might run out of money to file another law suit.

again? this is upsetting... do they think suing all these repro brands that charge upwards of $200 USD is going to attract those buyers? i can't even imagine what it's about this time; self edge doesn't sell any jeans that even remotely resemble levi's. i'll shake my head if it's over something stupid like "genuine quality" or "every garment guaranteed"

we need a LEAK!!

My bet is that Levi's is going after retailers, like SE. Same thing Viacom did with YouTube this week. Suing the distributor of products that violate trademark.

edit: If that be the case, God bless Kiya. He doesn't need that shit.

The company reported revenue of $936m to 25 May, with $1.001bn in the year-earlier quarter. There were revenue increases in Europe and Asia Pacific but they only partly offset weak US sales. Net income fell from $46m to $1m.

Regarding that article, I don't see how it's possible for Levi's revenue to go from 1001 bn to 936m, I think it must be a typo.

1001m=>936m.

There's a decimal point in there, its $1.001bn..

A friend of my family works in the downtown real estate market of San Francisco and told me Levi's plans on moving out of SF once the lease is up.

to oakland! RAISE UP!