Supreme F/W 07.09

herpsky

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly this wasnt that far out of left field once supreme had a site up i was suspicious that a webstore would open. That being said i hope it's more to push the skate/lifestyle aspect of the brand than just the hyped tees & collaborations. I dont want to see people bumrushing it to buy boxtees, i'd rather see accessories/cut&sew items availible.

NBHD has a site online , as well other key brands have allowed their distribution to be loosened up and the internet is a good way to do that as you still keep control of production numbers and distribution

also note that other supreme carriers were never allowed to directly sell their goods online (see nomad, cmonwealth, huf etc)

I bet they are taking the neighborhood approach, Like maybe they are just releasing the boards (which are pretty cool). But they do have clothes in the background. I wouldn't bother caring about this issue, because everyone here is powerless to do anything. But if they do it neighborhood style, thats way better

Remember you used to could buy shit of alifes site?

this whole internet phenomenon has to also be credited towards the blogs like hypebeast slamxhype etc that have been particuarly popular with the younger generation of "streetwear wearers" .. like it or not the kids buying the majority of shit now is under the age of 20

as much malinged as they are on the siteThe Hundreds have brilliantly used their internet to promote the whole image/lifest yle of modern LA-based streetwear generating a cult following stretching between both coasts.. that being said its unfortunate that all of the younger brands coming out dont have as high quality/designs as brands like supreme/alife/nbhd

Yes.

But what you're missing is that resellers charge a higher price than retail + shipping costs. The high price reduces demand. If the online store does well, it could kill a lot of Suburb and Supreme Palace's business.

On the other hand Supreme could just raise it's prices everywhere and demand wouldn't be nearly as high...

I'm glad at least someone understands all this....resellers doesnt just mean people on the street, it means EVERYONE incl. stores and online money grabbing b*stards so i'm all for this move they're making...

this whole internet phenomenon has to also be credited towards the blogs like hypebeast slamxhype etc that have been particuarly popular with the younger generation of "streetwear wearers" .. like it or not the kids buying the majority of shit now is under the age of 20

as much malinged as they are on the siteThe Hundreds have brilliantly used their internet to promote the whole image/lifest yle of modern LA-based streetwear generating a cult following stretching between both coasts.. that being said its unfortunate that all of the younger brands coming out dont have as high quality/designs as brands like supreme/alife/nbhd

Super true. Im waiting for the ad in Complex right now.

I bet they'll sell more decks online than they would in the store, or at least faster. All the kids who want to decorate their walls with crap from Supreme can get decks to display without being embarrassed to ask for one in the store and risk being exposed as posers by the staff.

If people are so desperate to rep Supreme that they hang the stupid bags from the store on their walls they'll jump at this chance, believe that.