Supreme F/W 07.09

herpsky

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah, if anything, they'll be able to push twice as much... It'll hurt the resellers but it won't stop the stores from selling out... just that little kid in iowa can finally buy himself supreme and not have to spend two paychecks on a t-shirt for it...

I should have been clearer...by sales I meant price reduction sales at the end of each seaon...30%-50% off type sales.

i've got a feeling it will only be a few select items.

i agree, i am guessing it will be like kawsone and do occasional releases. if they are selling actual clothing it would be kind of weird.

re: ollie scans - the cord jacket looks promising, will have to see how it turns out

whoever was asking, i saw buddy walking around midtown with a box logo deck in a long bag yesterday so they must still be letting a few go.

nah, if anything, they'll be able to push twice as much... It'll hurt the resellers but it won't stop the stores from selling out... just that little kid in iowa can finally buy himself supreme and not have to spend two paychecks on a t-shirt for it...

Supreme's M.O. has been to intentionally underproduce and sell at a [relatively] higher pricepoint, which creates demand.

I really doubt that after 13 years they would change their business model and jeopardize the intergrity of the label.

I would imagine the same amount of product will be produced, and after a few weeks of selling gear in the B&M shop, they will make it available to buy on the internet.

This certainly is, however, really odd to see. Never thought the day would come when you could buy Supreme online directly from them. I hope this really undercuts resellers.

I think Supreme should have done this a long time ago. I had a long argument with DATASSHOL about why they should do online sales, and now I've been proved right! Now the only question is whether it kills or bolsters their lifestyle brand.

Supreme's M.O. has been to intentionally underproduce and sell at a [relatively] higher pricepoint, which creates demand.

I really doubt that after 13 years they would change their business model and jeopardize the intergrity of the label.

I would imagine the same amount of product will be produced, and after a few weeks of selling gear in the B&M shop, they will make it available to buy on the internet.

This certainly is, however, really odd to see. Never thought the day would come when you could buy Supreme online directly from them. I hope this really undercuts resellers.

I think the purpose of the webshop will be mostly to sell items that don't sell as well in stores. People obviously love the hype, cheaper items, but few buy the more expensive cut and sew items. Think about how well black backpacks sell as opposed to green ones. This makes less hyped items more available.

Like I said, the only question is whether or not this kills the hype. I doubt it will.

I think the purpose of the webshop will be mostly to sell items that don't sell as well in stores. People obviously love the hype, cheaper items, but few buy the more expensive cut and sew items. Think about how well black backpacks sell as opposed to green ones. This makes less hyped items more available.

Like I said, the only question is whether or not this kills the hype. I doubt it will.

I doubt that they will only sell shit that doesn't sell in stores... I have a hard time believing that Supreme can stay the same with the online store...

FLO

www.whatsupflo.com

lol...Watch there be special reseller codes they can put in so that their orders can be filled in first before others.

As long as I can get the stuff that I want then I don't really care what other people can buy online or not.

resellers will be provided with an exclusive sales link. kinda like acronym's subnet-mask. that'd be dope.

^How on earth can another outlet open to all make it harder? Please explain...

Well, it depends, let's say they won't create extra stock, then you'll have less stuff in the stores for the people that wanna have it on release date. Lines will still be the same, and now you just opened the resellergame to a whole bunch of new peole, that were too far away from a store. Let's just say there were 500 of the new decks made, 250 go to NYC, 250 go to LA, now maybe 150 go to each place and the rest goes to the online store, resellers are still picking up however many they pick up in the stores, and new resellers are picking them up online, now the people that really want them have a much harder time to get theirs. Less stock in each of the stores, more resellers froma all over the place, that is in my opinion a recipe for harder to get items.

Now i don't have insider info, so maybe i am completely wrong on this. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

FLO

www.whatsupflo.com

Yes.

But what you're missing is that resellers charge a higher price than retail + shipping costs. The high price reduces demand. If the online store does well, it could kill a lot of Suburb and Supreme Palace's business.

On the other hand Supreme could just raise it's prices everywhere and demand wouldn't be nearly as high...

Yes.

But what you're missing is that resellers charge a higher price than retail + shipping costs. The high price reduces demand. If the online store does well, it could kill a lot of Suburb and Supreme Palace's business.

On the other hand Supreme could just raise it's prices everywhere and demand wouldn't be nearly as high...

Agreed, but won't it just allow new resellers in the middle of nowhere buying up stock and resell later when items are sold out in stores and online??

FLO

www.whatsupflo.com

Agreed, but won't it just allow new resellers in the middle of nowhere buying up stock and resell later when items are sold out in stores and online??

FLO

www.whatsupflo.com

Why would they need to do that? If there is a reseller cartel they could corner the Supreme market but they're not doing that now, are they?