yes or no? / this or that?

chris

. They seem to be from NY but all their pieces are made in Japan, and tons of their stuff seems to show up rakuten before it hits stateside and Canadian retailers. Any opinions?

Gilded Age nails the hell out of quality and materiels, like Rauch said the styling is up and down. I tend to find that their pants have a very frumpy cut. The dress shirts are fairly middling and the knits are on point.

Jackets I'm not sure.

Well, a thick wool coat I guess is pretty forgiving in terms of cut, it can be a little boxy and still have the appropriate silhouette, somewhat squared off. I tried on the coat at TNT and was perhaps a tad roomy. Fuck, I either need enough money that I can buy shit wantonly or so little that I can't afford to look at shit on the internet. I should be a coolie.

Band of Outsiders are really nice. I'm excited that South Willard has every shirt in XS. I'm going to clean up come sales.

I've never tried one on, and they look super nice... sizing opinions. I'm a 16.5 neck w/ 36/37 sleeve - Would an L do me, or XL?

Kunk, holties in toronto always has xxl's go to sale in rick. I could have copped you two this year but I didn't know you were interested.

If you're cool to wait until december or early jan I can near guarantee you 60% off.

Otherwise the store I work at is getting new rick this week, I could probably work something out for you since you're my boy. I'll let you know.

Keep an eye out for yo other boy too around that time. I will have mad monies by then :o :o :o :o

BoO shirts are really nice construction and material wise. The fit is great if you like to wear some shirts untucked. They are my best fitting untucked shirt by far, but it's a bit short for me to tuck in. One negative in the design for me, is the really high side at the bottom compared to the front/back. Not a huge deal, but just sayin'.

Also, be careful when buying BoO shirts this season and know which fit you're getting. There is the standard slim short fit that most people think of, but there is also another that's a bit roomier/longer.

I have 3 (2 ls and one ss) and i love them, but i don't know about paying $225 for them. But then again, i'm a cheap asshole. Although, they're getting increasingly difficult to find around sales time in sizes S-L due to the popularity (GQ and other mags like that mention them all the time)

BoO shirts are really nice construction and material wise. The fit is great if you like to wear some shirts untucked. They are my best fitting untucked shirt by far, but it's a bit short for me to tuck in. One negative in the design for me, is the really high side at the bottom compared to the front/back. Not a huge deal, but just sayin'.

Also, be careful when buying BoO shirts this season and know which fit you're getting. There is the standard slim short fit that most people think of, but there is also another that's a bit roomier/longer.

I have 3 (2 ls and one ss) and i love them, but i don't know about paying $225 for them. But then again, i'm a cheap asshole. Although, they're getting increasingly difficult to find around sales time in sizes S-L due to the popularity (GQ and other mags like that mention them all the time)

You're hardly "cheap" for being picky about the fit of a shirt for $225, plus you're being relative about it so you're not actually putting the shirt's cut itself down. I've wanted to try them out for a long time. I wear antifit jeans most of the time, hobokens, so your information is valuable to me in deciding. They might actually not be the shirt for me in that light, and might make me look like i have a long crotch, short legs, and a short torso. WE'LL SEE! Lookout, supermarket!

The shirts are cut short and slim and generally look best with some kind of put together style.

I understand where you're coming from saying it's overrated in that a lot of people act like it's the holy grail of shirts. But what is your qualm with the construction? The materials seem pretty solid (i guess it depends on which shirt you get) and i haven't had any issues with my shirts. Like with a lot of things, you're partly paying for the fit (you can get things tailored, but you can only do so much to a jcrew shirt).

The prices keep rising and are about a full $50 more than a year and a half ago. I don't buy most anything at retail, and for the prices gilt groupe had ($70-90) and the second hand or sale price ($100-150) they're a solid buy.

Just wondering because i know you're on top of shit, but i see other people saying this and it just kinda seems like backlash to me. If you want to pick nits, you can say similar things about other brands popular around here based on hype, and the ability to get similar things for cheaper (lame basics from certain brands).

i dunno. i still only buy prada or jil dress shirts or really low-end like express. i stay away from the mid-level or brands that have only been doing their thing for a few years. i find them too short and without enough taper.

def not brand-hating, cause dior shirts, etc. are made like shit too.

yeah, i've never bought but i've inspected closely and just can't see what all the hoopla is about. seems like a re-imagined steven alan type deal to me.

I've heard this Steven Alan / Band of Outsiders comparison a couple of times and so I made a point of comparing the two last time I was in Los Angeles - to begin with, Steven Alan fit me like a paper sack on sideways so I wouldn't have bought it even if the construction had been impeccable. It wasn't. The fabric on this seasons Band of Outsiders are really superior to Steven Alan.

I guess I could agree that they're "overrated" in the sense that they're in GQ / fairly popular / etc... but it really doesn't mean anything considering that they actually are a reasonable balance between function, form and price for people with certain builds / aesthetic.

I've heard this Steven Alan / Band of Outsiders comparison a couple of times and so I made a point of comparing the two last time I was in Los Angeles - to begin with, Steven Alan fit me like a paper sack on sideways so I wouldn't have bought it even if the construction had been impeccable. It wasn't. The fabric on this seasons Band of Outsiders are really superior to Steven Alan.

I guess I could agree that they're "overrated" in the sense that they're in GQ / fairly popular / etc... but it really doesn't mean anything considering that they actually are a reasonable balance between function, form and price for people with certain builds / aesthetic.

Servo, we're probably similar size. I'm 5'9 130 lbs. I'm pretty skinny with a tight build. I want skinny arms and slim but not tiiiiight in the chest. Think they'll (BoO) work?

I'd say get those rafs. The finish looks good and they might break nicely as long as you don't baby them. One thing about that kind of cut is that the tight in the ass/straight in the leg billy crystal look never really appealed to me. I like a lot of taper. If my balls are going to be in pain, so will my cankles.

Or you could pay less for black jeans anywhere in the universe, but I can't really talk in that department.