yes or no? / this or that?

chris

Hahaha. If you already own a lot of oxfords then get the jacket. If you already own a nice winter coat, then get the oxfords. If you don't have a nice winter coat or a lot of oxfords, then buy the oxfords. You will be in doors more than you will be out doors, you will never be wearing the jacket for more than an hour at a time probably, but you would be wearing the oxford for the whole day.

There.

AIr jacket fit looks slimmer this season - as always it might be because I'm so short but they've been incredibly boxy on me in the past. Does anyone know who other Ervell stockists / anyone whose put their stock? I can do phone orders but I'm wondering if the pleated pants on South Willard in navy happened to get made in any other colors (khaki or grey?). If they were I'll probably get those Raf by Raf moleskin pants in navy and then the Ervell's in another color.

not sure yet. i def need a pair of boots. i was looking at charles tyrwhitt boots, but decided to go for something less dressy, and from what ive heard about their quality i find the prices are quite steep. normal combat / corcoran boots look weird on me because they make my legs look ridicoulously short. the lifted toe box bothers me a little though.

also, id never buy these for full retail. they are discounted to about 400€.

yes or no?

74d51kf7.jpg

Worm, I'm currently in the same predicament as you ... trying to find a jacket for the upcoming winter season.

Out of these choices, I think the first is the best for the weather you are about to get in the Northeast, but unfortunately it's way over priced, and the cut might look ridiculous on you.

The second choice is a decent purchase overall, it could be of use if you do some serious layering. And I think the cut of this jacket will fit your body type better.

The third option is retarded, you won't be able to wear it much in the next few months and you'll get sick of it quickly.

Need some new laptop speakers. Was thinking of grabbing these harmon/kardon soundstick IIs.

164780.jpg

thoughts? any other recommendations?

how about a two to one cable into your hi-fi or mini system? an $8 alternative if you already have a mini system. If not buy one and get the cable

i don't much like the new tres bien shop models. those pants look pretty nice, though, if you're down with the fuller look.

I'm tempted to give it a shot at the very least. I need a pair of grey pants and for whatever reason pleated pants have really been growing on me.

I think I'll probably just go for it and send them back if they don't work out, obviously. I think with these pants especially it will just be a matter of trying them on.

Ervell has two different pair of grey pleated pants this season, one a dark grey and one this speckled light grey. I think they're wool. I prefer the fit on both of those to the Carin Wester pair, but the Ervell ones will no doubt cost more.

Also I prefer a slimmer silhouette for pants... especially pleated ones, makes them look much more youthful.

Ervell has two different pair of grey pleated pants this season, one a dark grey and one this speckled light grey. I think they're wool. I prefer the fit on both of those to the Carin Wester pair, but the Ervell ones will no doubt cost more.

Also I prefer a slimmer silhouette for pants... especially pleated ones, makes them look much more youthful.

Whose carrying the grey pleated Ervell pants?

servo- Have you tried Obedient Sons? I have a pair of the light grey linen mutiny pants from last spring and the quality is top notch and the fit is really nice and slim. I think i may need to have the waist let out a half inch-inch, but they're good pants. The ones you posted are darker, but just a suggestion for another brand. Their customer service is really nice if you want to email them.

servo- Have you tried Obedient Sons? I have a pair of the light grey linen mutiny pants from last spring and the quality is top notch and the fit is really nice and slim. I think i may need to have the waist let out a half inch-inch, but they're good pants. The ones you posted are darker, but just a suggestion for another brand. Their customer service is really nice if you want to email them.

Definitely another one to consider, thanks Chrono. Only issue is that they seem to be even more expensive than Ervell on occasion from what I've seen, and $330 or so for the Ervell pleated pants is honestly more than I'm probably willing to spend. Might need to find a cheap transitional option and then wait for sales this season.