yes or no? / this or that?

chris

That's definitely true but the thing is I have enough of a "backup wardrobe" (i.e. not the sort of american / ervell / perry thing that I usually work with) that I could easily work a couple of outfits around a nutty sneaker. It'd be wicked refreshing as well - as much as I've sworn off black for these past few months / worn button-ups / air tie etc... almost every day for probably a year now it'd be nice to throw on a pair of retarded tight cheap monday black jeans and a black shallow v-neck and just roll with a pair of Owens, you know? Something a little more "young" (while I still am) rather than the stiff serious sort of thing I usually work with.

I'm just wondering whether you'll feel justified throwing down that much money for something you'd consider part of your "backup" wardrobe. Obviously with your knowledge of how you dress and how you can do it, you can probably work them properly, but I find them infinitely more serious than a pair of wingtips or Docs or whatever footwear you're currently repping. It's just a matter of aesthetic justification. I know for certain I could never pull that off, just like how people look supercilious in the RO sneakers (especially John Mayer).

I just got a coupon, and I can't choose which CP Court Shoe to get from Revolve.. Which do you all like?

COMM-MZ49_V1.jpg

COMM-MZ51_V1.jpg

Or should I just get these ones? (The black isn't available in my size)

COMM-MZ36_V1.jpg

Thank you SuperFuture!

EDIT: Also, are these YMC boots acceptable? I'm on the fence.

YMC-MZ3_V1.jpg

do you keep it in your back pocket? if yes than i wouldn't get cdg wallets.

Too thick, you think?

Does anyone know if this has a zipper on it?It doesn't look like it? I'm mainly a fan on the embossed pattern / color. I could go either way on the zipper thing, that's of less consequence.

(what the fuck? just noticed that's a hell of a price difference for what appears to be less zipper and barely more material)

So nothing worthwhile of that style exists within that price range?

Either buy really cheap and use for one winter, while saving for real boots. Or save a little more and buy nice boots.

Cheap:

http://www.armynavydeals.ca/asp/products_details.asp?SKU=CDNABOOTS&ST=2

Can be found cheaper in army surplus stores.

Or us army combat boot:

http://www.armynavydeals.com/asp/products_details.asp?SKU=CBSTEEL&ST=2

Edit: I skipped over clopeks response, whatever.

yes, has a zipper. i think it's too thick to put in back pocket. i also think they are overpriced.

Shit. If it was less pricey I might buy it and have some alterations done but as it stands apparently I just need an alternative. Anyone know who makes a (possibly) similarly colored but at the very least simple / embossed leather wallet?

I guess I should clarify though, that I work retail in a college neighborhood, so really, the dress code isn't that formal. I'm pretty sure I could get away with the gold numbers.

I've read that Rachel Comey shoes are pretty darn comfortable, but I haven't seen any reviews of extended wear so I'm a bit hesitant as CPs seem to last consistently from owner to owner. Will the $80 price difference mean that much in terms of construction/durability in the long run?

Thanks for the tips DJI, and I've actually come in possession of the same $150/$300 code jcot has, hence I'm looking at Revolve, heh.

Anyone know more info on these J by MJ cashmere hoodies? Seems like a good deal compared to W+H cotton joints for the same price.

http://www.marcjacobs.com/#lookId=75&folder=/specialitems&

I can check it out this week, I'll be working right next to the store. I'm worried they might be shit quality but who knows...

Well, I think I will go for the Rachel's...just gonna try and take a trip out to Blackbird sometime this week and try them on for sizing and feel. Maybe I might just change my mind and go for a pair of CP sneakers. Or I've been thinking about picking up some Grams for a while now...

Agent: Did you try special ordering them from Revolve? Or try emailing/calling them and see what they can do. Their customer service is phenomenal.