yes or no? / this or that?

chris

boots of that ilk tend to lack quality unless they're a bit higher in the price range...or go the opposite way and just get combat boots resoled from an army surplus store. don't half ass and get knock-off expensive looking boots.

Come on Clopek. Those are hand made in Mexico!!!

Can't believe he was considering paying 220 for those. Didnt oak have similar bed stu boots marked down to like $60 at their end of season sale last year.

HBlack, you can do alot better for around that same price if you take the time to search around and find a good sale or a good deal on ebay. Don't just check out what urbanoutiftters has and then ask here if its ok.

kinda suspicious of the nylon on those CPs, but they look sharp, which I can't say for those twisty-laces YMCs. I like YMC, but their stuff seems hit-and-miss.

How about this. These Grenson Kirks (in this brown or in black)? About $230.

5025-235_Kirke_brn_bg.jpg

Or these Rachel Comey boots? About $350.

cbl1_regular.jpg

I've tried on the Comey boots and the leather is insanely thick, buttery, and soft, but the Grensons seem potentially more versatile, and they're cheaper.

I keep the money for my wardrobe seperaed into "shoes" and "everything else" and I just realized I have a lot of spare shoe money. Having a hard time deciding what I should pick up. I'm thinking either something crazy fruteswags (Rick Owen's sneakers / Raf massneakrs or moonboots / etc...) or a pair of bespoke Trickers. Decisions.

I keep the money for my wardrobe seperaed into "shoes" and "everything else" and I just realized I have a lot of spare shoe money. Having a hard time deciding what I should pick up. I'm thinking either something crazy fruteswags (Rick Owen's sneakers / Raf massneakrs or moonboots / etc...) or a pair of bespoke Trickers. Decisions.

Are your feet weirdly shaped that you can't go RTW, I'm not sure your shoe collection is such that you need to go bespoke. Might it have been that you meant MTO (made to order)?

The raf look great and I'd probably go for that but I look stoops in them so there's a possibility it might not gel with your style either...

PM me your size and I'll point out some interesting possibilities in the dress shoe department.

Are your feet weirdly shaped that you can't go RTW, I'm not sure your shoe collection is such that you need to go bespoke. Might it have been that you meant MTO (made to order)?

PM me your size and I'll point out some interesting possibilities in the dress shoe department.

Made to order is what I meant. They're all "bespoke manufactured" or whatever they say so I had that on the brain. Will PM, but I'm looking for a pair of boots.

Servo, your aesthetic is pretty like "not-Raf masssneaker-esque" from whatever pictures I've seen of you, and I feel like they'd be doing a disservice to you if you got them (taking a huge bite outta your shoe money). While they are amazingly badass, it would limit your wardrobe to black/grey's/minimal pattering. I feel like those Raf sneakers are suited for a very limited audience, albeit how amazingly badass they are. I wouldn't even touch them (they don't even come in my size) due to how I dress, but there's no denying how badass they are.

moonboots seem a little more passable. If I were you, I'd definitely go for the bespoke Trickers. There is more stylistic longevity in them as far as I'm concerned.

crop or no crop?

It's definitely nice either way - trend at the moment seems to be cropped but honestly I think it's nice how it is. It's maybe bordering on too long so even if you don't crop it substantially a few inches could help?

Servo, your aesthetic is pretty like "not-Raf masssneaker-esque" from whatever pictures I've seen of you, and I feel like they'd be doing a disservice to you if you got them ...

That's definitely true but the thing is I have enough of a "backup wardrobe" (i.e. not the sort of american / ervell / perry thing that I usually work with) that I could easily work a couple of outfits around a nutty sneaker. It'd be wicked refreshing as well - as much as I've sworn off black for these past few months / worn button-ups / air tie etc... almost every day for probably a year now it'd be nice to throw on a pair of retarded tight cheap monday black jeans and a black shallow v-neck and just roll with a pair of Owens, you know? Something a little more "young" (while I still am) rather than the stiff serious sort of thing I usually work with.

kinda suspicious of the nylon on those CPs, but they look sharp, which I can't say for those twisty-laces YMCs. I like YMC, but their stuff seems hit-and-miss.

How about this. These Grenson Kirks (in this brown or in black)? About $230.

5025-235_Kirke_brn_bg.jpg

Or these Rachel Comey boots? About $350.

cbl1_regular.jpg

I've tried on the Comey boots and the leather is insanely thick, buttery, and soft, but the Grensons seem potentially more versatile, and they're cheaper.

Is that the price from Oak? What a ripoff.

You can get those Comeys from Revolve for under 300 with the discount code.