Five Favourite Cars

rome1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sick wreck man.. hope you're okay. how'd it happen?

my first car is a 95 nissan maxima, bought that shit when i just turned 18 and all with my own money. a proud moment of my life indeed.

the car is turning to shit though, the 1st gear is dying, it takes it forever to get off from a dead stop and the brakes are almost gone. i need more money to fix the shit though, might just dump it and look for something else

m coupe = z4?

if so, how do they drive? ive been meaning to test drive to see how they drive compared to 3series...

The Z4 M Coupe is a weekend toy compared to the 3 series as an all rounded.

The M Coupe rides harsh and has a heavy clutch but is completely at home on the track. If you can only buy one car, 3 series for sure, unless you're really into performance cars (I'd buy the M Coupe if I was choosing, but I'd rather get a used 911 in the end)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
first: Mk II GTi

current: B6 A4 Avant

future (sometime soon hopefully): Quattroporte

i fucking love the B6 Avant. i'd take an B6 S4 avant over pretty much anything today.

first: '97 2.0 jetta

second: '02 1.8t jti, minimal shit (missing it loads :()

jti_merge.jpg

current: '03 1.8t jetta, everything stock except dumped on those ^ coils

after break: mercier kilo tt...

Damnnnnn, you had a porsche 944 as your first car? That would have been a dream come true for me. I drive my parents' c class 2007 mercedes as of now because there is no need for a car as i attend Rutgers U and its unecessary, so that kinda doesn't count as my first car. But I hope to get a black porsche 911 carrera (1987 or earlier) and fix it up, give it a black paint job and everything, figuring around 40k.

My cars:

First: 1984 Porsche 944 (not the exact car but looked very similar)

38723026_DMbQ6-L.jpg

1996 GMC Sierra Don't have any pics of it left

1999 Pontiac Trans am

DSCN0424.jpg

2001 VW GTI 1.8T

DSC01179.jpg

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

CIMG1933.jpg

1998 VW Jetta VR6 current car

DSC00158.jpg

m coupe = z4?

if so, how do they drive? ive been meaning to test drive to see how they drive compared to 3series...

it drives fucking awesome. it's the best car i've ever owned. only thing comparable i've had is a cayman s and an M5, the v10 one. i'm selling it though. moving to NYC on the 6th and need to toss it. and it does not have a heavy clutch at all. i don't know if the person who said that has driven it... but if he thinks the m coupe has a heavy clutch... well... i dunno. but somethings wrong.

first - sky blue triumph herald convertable.

current ride - black prius t spirit.

best car i owned - 1968 british racing green mercedes 280SL - but it spent way too much time in the menders, so it had to go.

dream car- mercedes 280SE pillarless coupe, silver with a black hood... one day, one day.....

it drives fucking awesome. it's the best car i've ever owned. only thing comparable i've had is a cayman s and an M5, the v10 one. i'm selling it though. moving to NYC on the 6th and need to toss it. and it does not have a heavy clutch at all. i don't know if the person who said that has driven it... but if he thinks the m coupe has a heavy clutch... well... i dunno. but somethings wrong.

hmmm which also makes me wonder how the cayman s drives. my coworkers had the cayman s, now drives a 6 series and says the cayman S sucks compares to even 3 series bmw.

Also finally saw the Audi A5 in person and not sure if i'm quite sold on it yet...front end looks a bit too bulky, i think i'd rather go with a S4....

hmmm which also makes me wonder how the cayman s drives. my coworkers had the cayman s, now drives a 6 series and says the cayman S sucks compares to even 3 series bmw.

Also finally saw the Audi A5 in person and not sure if i'm quite sold on it yet...front end looks a bit too bulky, i think i'd rather go with a S4....

the cayman s is basically 1:1 porsche version of the M Coupe. M Coupe is a bit less tamed and more difficult to drive, and therefore, a lot more fun. the cayman is point and shoot. and M Coupe needs a lot more "controlling" by the driver. personally, not an audi fan but i think the A5/S5 looks great... at least in LA, every single gay dude in WeHo and girl at USC drives an audi. same goes for a 3 series, but at least a 3 series is fun to drive.

first car - 1990 civic dx hatchback

second car - 1997 civic ex hatchback

third car - 2007 civic si coupe

just got the si in october. for what it lacks in torque, it's about the most fun i've ever had driving an import. revs like a speed bike and takes sharp corners at stupid speeds without any effort at all. VTEC JUST KICKED IN YO.

came with it's fair share of massive facepalms though. any other 6th generation si owner knows about the 3rd gear sychro fuckup (transmission would occasionally kick back into neutral when upshifting to 3rd) and my rear camber is kind of fucked, so i need to go get that fixed. went through the first set of tires in 15k miles.

• 1 month later...

i've owned nothing but civics in 10 years of driving.

first was a 1990 dx hatchback with something like 8 or 9 horsepower. beat it to death in a 15-year old driver fashion. fondest memories were fwd drifting through dirt roads on the way to school every morning. thinking back, i was pretty damn good at it, without even knowing the intricacies of drifting (or even what real drifting was at the time.)

second car was a 97 civic ex sedan. a graduation present from my parents. took care of this one. aside from honda's trademark "a lot of internals are going to die at 75,000 miles have fun replacing them" policy, it ran for 160,000 miles beautifully until i traded it in for...

07 civic si coupe. what an amazingly fun car to drive, but still torqueless. currently debating whether or not i want to save my pennies to turbocharge it (you know, to compete with toyota camrys) or trade it back in a few years for something a bit more spirited.

• 2 weeks later...

Shelby GT 500

Ferrari Enzo

Bugatti Veyron

Koenigsegg CCR

Mclaren F1

I wish!!!