Five Favourite Cars

rome1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your list is cheating. you're just trying to take all of the best cars of time in certain genres. gullwing is a piece of shit. if i had the choice:

porsche/dauer 962

tyrrel P34 BEAT THAT! FUCKING INGENIOUS SHIT.

4GewFbY0zz8

Peugot 405 T16

TJsHlugRls4

mitsibushi lancer evolution vi t.m.e.

toyota prius.

Porsche GT3 RS

Audi RS4

Audi S8

Subaru Impreza STi 22B ;]

E30 M3

A beautiful 1986 Toyota Corolla with a blown motor so I can have a project car.

I must say that an Exige isn't worth how much you're paying :x

I must say that an Exige isn't worth how much you're paying :x

I had a pleasure of driving an Elise S on the Pulaski Skyway (pretty much no limit stretch of highway in NJ) and have to disagree with you. Opening that thing up felt like I was strapped to a missile, it was so low to the ground I felt like my ass was touching the road. It was the closest feeling to riding a sportsbike.

On paper the only sportscar worth buying is the Z06 but who cares.

I had a pleasure of driving an Elise S on the Pulaski Skyway (pretty much no limit stretch of highway in NJ) and have to disagree with you. Opening that thing up felt like I was strapped to a missile, it was so low to the ground I felt like my ass was touching the road. It was the closest feeling to riding a sportsbike.

On paper the only sportscar worth buying is the Z06 but who cares.

It's also a close to $60,000 car. For $60,000, you can get a much better drive. Let's just say a Audi RS4. Hands down, I would buy an RS4 over an Exige, not because the RS4 is quite possibly my favorite car below $70,000. It's a 420hp car over a 220hp car. Though I haven't driven an Exige, the RS4 was quite possibly one of the GREATEST test drives I've been on, runner-up to the one and only M5. :D

Oh excuse me, I didn't notice you say Elise. Either way, it's a $50,000 car with no A/C, no power windows, no radio (not sure on those). Track, yes, it'd probably be a pretty decent choice, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

1954 Jaguar D-Type

1955 Mercedes Benz 300SLR; yes, roadster > gullwing

1955 Porsche Spyder

1955-Porsche-Spyder-Front-Angle-nf_630.jpg

1966 Chaparral 2E

1966 Ford GT40

######

These are the cars I drove in my youth. I wore an onion in my seatbelt because that was the fashion at the time.

hahahaha

grandpavoice.gif

1966 Chaparral 2E

chaparral2e_009_630.jpg

this almost made my list before i realized i had too many unservicable prototypes.

polish: you should have known before my choices that i am a madman. i stand behind my e-decision.

PS the fan car was cooooler.

fj40red.jpg

Land Cruiser FJ40. Not this particular one, I'd prefer a HELLA MINT stock one to fuck around with myself.

turini2005_031.jpg

Definitely the one on the left though.

Audi Sport Quattro S1. More or less a big step in rally history. This would be my beater for fucking around with on the street.

kaneoka2.jpg

Except it's gotta be ALLLL black. Powder coat everything visible black.

After this include the prerequisite supercars. With 1 being an old school dream car, such as pretty much any car in the first post.

this almost made my list before i realized i had too many unservicable prototypes.

polish: you should have known before my choices that i am a madman. i stand behind my e-decision.

PS the fan car was cooooler.

Chaparral 2E is being build for some vintage races so you should be able to get it serviced. You picked a French Pikes Peak car and that's inexcusable (even that it was pretty cool). Mad points for Tyrrell P34 (fuck Goodyear for fucking them) cause I'm a big F1 fan but I can't see anyone, even a madman like you, liking the Prius.

Chaparral 2E is being build for some vintage races so you should be able to get it serviced. You picked a French Pikes Peak car and that's inexcusable (even that it was pretty cool). Mad points for Tyrrell P34 (fuck Goodyear for fucking them) cause I'm a big F1 fan but I can't see anyone, even a madman like you, liking the Prius.

how many people are working on the 2E? like 10? tons of one-offs are run (and serviced) in vintage races but there's very few people qualified. it's a hassle. so much so that i factored it into a fantasy car choice haha. the p34 and peugot are difficult enough, i figured i should include 1 reasonably fast street car, 1 extremely fast street car, and 1 reasonable car i can feel decent about the environment in.

10? More like 3 :D but they actually made a Chaparral 2E Continuation Series which was build using same body moulds and plans. The released them few years ago and I'm sure they were very rare. It would be even harder to run the P34 cause you wouldn't be able to get the small tires for it. I can't even imagine how much custom F1 tires would run.

10? More like 3 :D but they actually made a Chaparral 2E Continuation Series which was build using same body moulds and plans. The released them few years ago and I'm sure they were very rare. It would be even harder to run the P34 cause you wouldn't be able to get the small tires for it. I can't even imagine how much custom F1 tires would run.

the idea of custom f1 tires just hurt my head. i'm sure it would be something i can't wrap my head around like 5k a tire or some shit.

maybe i'll trade for nelson piquets bimmer that ran on that crazy fuel. or his m1.