Ma·ri·jua·na

axtsang

just popped into a couple of dispensaries to reup on some hash oil cartridges

went to a place that was selling official o.pen vape cartridges but the prices were outrageous!!

125mg = $30

250mg = $40

500 mg = $75

this is all before tax. went to the place nearest to my apt selling a different brand (aspen vape) cartridges, but they're a little more reasonable at 500mg = $40 pretax... which equals out to $48 and some change after taxes. not too horrible i guess for 250-350 hits depending on how you go at it. buy two cartridges and get a free battery/atomizer so there's that too

hopefully the prices start to drop as the popularity increases with these

Edited by jayrock

i just picked up one of those o-pens too, it's too cheap to not try. I'm pleasantly surprised with how strong it is, but damn mine tastes really bad. like cleaning supplies or something... I assume it's just the cartridge I got (Med-Ex Blue Dream), I'm gonna try a different brand next time

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

10785133_1513096902302170_1949220805_n.j

electric ceramic heat coil and "nail"

this device enables exact temperature control to heat up a ceramic element to 650 degrees fahrenheit or lower for precise vaporizing.  allows bong type rips of super dense vapor with no combustion while maintaining max flavor and potency.  

$150 for the ceramic coil, ceramic nail, carb cap and padded carrying case. 

(recycler pipe not included)

• 1 month later...

think i'm finally going to get a vape pretty soon. think i'll start with a portable first, then get a home unit later. now that arizer has put out the air, i've heard nothing but good things about it and it's one of my options, but since the air has been released, i'm finding super good deals online on the solo, so i might just go for that since it's like $100+ cheaper and they perform pretty much the same way it seems. i don't think i'll need that extra bit of portability that the air provides. anyone have either of these?

i see storz and bickel have a portable now. $470 though. fuuuuuck.

• 1 month later...

got the arizer solo because it was on sale for a good price since the arizer air is kind of replacing it. this thing hits like a beast for being a portable unit. gets me blazed as fuck. i should have bought it a long time ago. got it for $160 from planetofthevapes.com and they threw in a really nice grinder and stash case along with it.

Edited by Rob060

• 2 months later...

My fav tool is the double sided tool from santa cruz.  ball on one end and flat on the other.  simple.  titanium.  $25 if i remember right.  

DSC_0131_1024x1024.JPG

I've had pretty much all forms of concentrates. 

ice wax is cool because it's solventless process. no worries about residual butane in it.  dry sift is cool because they start off with something with less plant matter in it so the end result is higher % of THC concentrate.

I've had clear extracts, rosen tech, CO2, full melt bubble hash, moon dust, CO2 shatter, sugar wax. I'm lucky to be in seattle.

In all honestly my fav is just wax. but all forms are great if you start with good flower and it's processed properly.  much of what is out there is crap.  Imagine growing really shitty weed full of mites and mold and then just turning it into BHO extract. 

I like wax because it retains the most terpenes for flavor and cannabinoids for effects.  I also think that the more you refine it (remove lipids and waxes and other matter) to make something like shatter, you end up with higher THC % obviously but i think you sacrifice other active constituents.

I care less about "higher % THC" and more about concentrating the overall essence of the plant into a essential oil without taking out too much stuff other than plant matter.  (even combusting the actual plant matter has an effect, that's why I won't ever give up smoking flower)

i see it as natural-er herb (weed) verses pharmaceutical like extract (concentrates).  kinda like white willow bark vs aspirin or poppie pods vs percocet

that banger cap tool looks chill.  I just like having flat and ball end.  I have a dedicated cap tool for traditional domeless nail designs and bangers as well.  I'm assuming you're using a quartz banger as a nail? How do you control your dabbing temps?

was told by a friend who has experience making concentrates that wax was more refined than shatter. i was also told that wax gives off terpenes while shatter retains and locks it in. please feel free to check me if i'm misinformed. 

...ice wax ... and dry sift... risk-free as concentrates can get atm, no?

the process of making shatter requires extra steps to winterize the oil (remove waxes and other stuff), thus making shatter more refined.  there are more terpenes (and other active compounds) in waxes than shatters almost always.  I think what your friend is talking about the consistency of the extract.  in shatter terpenes are mixed in and evaporate out less than waxes.  but terpene levels has much to do with how dried out the flower is before processing.  you have a lot of "live runs" these days where they process buds that are not dried out at all.  lots of flavor, but i'm had some live run batches that starts to taste like old wet grass if left out too long (i'm guessing plant matter oxidation).  the whole concentrate game just added 100s of new variables that affect the end product.  I don't even know what to think anymore but to buy from trusted sources because everything is still so much in its infancy stage.  

enails are a must for me as well. But only in environments where i can leave it on all day. at the shop we leave it on all day no worries. at home, all my smoke gear is in a locker so i still torch, but it's all about knowing your equipment.  I can bet money that i dab on my titanium domeless at home with a torch at around 600 degrees F just by feel and experience (and i have a laser thermometer to play with).

we have an enail quartz banger like the one you linked me at the shop too. fyi they require more maintenance than ti enails.  we have to take off the coil off and torch it at least twice a day to keep it clean tasting so a crust doesn't form on the bottom.  the one we have is fragile too, broke a couple already from light scraping of said crust.  it would be ok for single personal use for people who stay on top of cleaning their shit, but for multiple people or heavy use, i would just stick with titanium for durability.  with an enail you know your titanium would never go beyond oxidation temps for titanium, so as long as the titanium is of good quality and seasoned well, i bet you would have trouble tasting the difference. a titanium enail can be abused and serve many many ppl all day.  

I'm actually a fan of this locally made analog ceramic enail.  their site sucks tho www.domeless.com

150 for a complete system.  i just crank mine to full power and it stays at just about 650 with built in carb cap.  

i really appreciate the knowledge bomb, definitely filled some gaps in my head regarding the whole process.

well, enails are a must to me so i've been sticking with domeless even though i actually prefer bangers. however,  i recently found out about this so i'm looking to make the switch soon (side note: i've heard his bangers are really quality for the price as well). as usual, i would appreciate your input or thoughts as i've never seen anyone actually use that setup.

as for that lowtemptop, i'm heavily leaning towards it because it's universal with all bangers and domeless nails. i'm gonna go ahead and wait a couple weeks before purchasing because v4 is due later this month.

this guys videos are great. 

found this guy's channel when i was looking at reviews. they have a few reviews but a lot of other videos where they just get blazed and talk about random shit. some of them are pretty funny and makes me wish i had a canadian stoner friend. most of them start off with the guy lighting the joint then coughing but the way it's edited just makes me laugh every time.

• 1 month later...

Favorite strains, indicas, sativas, and hybrids. For those of you lucky enough to live in a state with dispensaries/legal shops, what strains are popular at the moment? 

Just picked up some Golden Goat, all time top 3 fav strain for me

I typically fuck with the indicas. Not into the super heady sativa highs, brain gets racing and freaks me out. Way rather become one with the couch.

47xmzq3.jpg

Edited by jayrock

blue dream always a solid. I think my favorites are really citrusy sativas like Jack the Ripper because I vape a lot and you can get a good taste of the stuff. Never really had a favorite between sativa/indica, it was either I got what my guy had stocked, or when I had my medical card, I flip flopped and got what I didn't get last week, or w/e looked the most fire.

I remember girl scout cookies blowing up 2 or so years ago, and every dispensary in the bay area had that stuff, loved the smell, not sure what's popular anymore though because I don't go to clubs anymore after I found a guy that's got a connect to a grower, <$200 for a top shelf ounce, but I don't get to pick the strains anymore, he usually gives me blue dream though.

Real high CBD strains are fun too, there were like two strains I ever saw in clubs though, one of them called Harlequin. You won't find the CBD strains anywhere that doesn't have medical though.

Edited by aslittleaspossible

Favorite strains, indicas, sativas, and hybrids. For those of you lucky enough to live in a state with dispensaries/legal shops, what strains are popular at the moment?

Cookies are still a big deal in Cali. In NorCal og finally caught on and you never hear about people asking for grand daddy anymore. I guess for now the big it strain is gorilla glue

that's how i feel about cookies. fuckin tired if seeing that in the name of so much shit now. feels like growers just use 'cookies' to get people to buy their mid grade bud now.

never was a fan of purps because they just never hit me hard. always had regrets after deciding to try a good looking purple strain, yet again.

always been a fan of a well grown OG, sour diesel, or jack herer.

my favorite dispensary for the last 2-3 years got raided and shut down and i've been trying a delivery service now. kinda nice not having to use gas to go get some bud, but it kinda feels like i'm in high school getting hooked up by a dealer again.

Edited by Rob060

Pretty sure nightmare cookies are bag seed from a grower named nightmare . Orange cookies are easy to get a hold of since whoever bred it are releasing seeds. I've always like OGs but in NorCal rappers were rapping GDP so that's all everyone "liked" hell if bay rappers didn't rep cookies NorCal would still be stuck on GDP

nah, mile high city. must be a regional thing, according to leafly we don't have a lot of them 'round here. that said, i'm lazy and don't really venture out to all the exotic dispensaries

https://www.leafly.com/search?q=cookies&lat=39.74001&lon=-104.99202

all the base strains are everywhere though, blueberry, sensi star, iss, durban poison, etc etc etc

I've never tried a delivery service but I was always curious as to how it works. Do you order what you specifically want through an online menu or do they bring in a bunch of stuff for you to see and decide? I would much prefer the latter, obviously, but it just sounds inconvenient from the dispensary's perspective.

The delivery dispensaries I've ordered from always go via menu, look at pics and info on their site and then order. The latter would obviously be preferable but not feasible from a business perspective I think, so sometimes it can feel like online shopping if you don't know strains (I don't); you think you know what you want and it shows up not quite what you were expecting.

• 3 weeks later...