Hair Thread

qom

Just got my hair cropped fairly short, someone recommend me some product. I've been using the same shit for a while now, need a change. Looking for something that leaves hair still looking more dry rather than gelled/waxed.

Needed this exact thing and I settled with

Osis-MESS-UP.jpg

It honestly looks like there's nothing in your hair, like you just woke up and brushed it whichever way with your hand and water. Its perfect.

Oh and for reference, this is how curly my hair is. Think I need to buzz the sides and back again. I can't seem to motivate myself to grow it shoulder length again. Please do excuse the look, been rather ill.

Photo+45.jpg

The hair as it used to be...

DSCF5203.JPG

Grow it back out?

my hair right now if I condition it and don't pick it out, excuse the weird wink

already thinking about cutting down the sides/back. I like this du's hair:

My hair is around the same length and texture but I comb mine out.

Was thinking of going for a hairstyle similar to that or maybe bitin Kanye. I have no idea what to do with it.

kanye-west-808-heartbreak-album-pictures-1.jpg

@andyy nope, for sure not at that length. The du's hair is about 6-7" in length if you check the other pictures:

fred-perry-stussy-deluxe-front.jpg

looking at it again his hair is probably much longer than that. The upkeep of that hair is a lil bit tough because after a couple of weeks the sides will grow out to be ugly as fuck. And no matter how long you grow it out it will look really weird because of the contrast in length. The only way to get it to look good again is going to a stylist to even it out again.

I agree with homi29 lul. you can't do shit with that hair. Grow it out then take it to a salon.

^^ dude either shave your head really short or grow it out and get a proper stylist.

that looks mad fobby.

just being real with u

yeah, i'm just growing it out for now and leaving it flat. tired of having an "asian fro" and also tired of buzzing my hair too

Posted · Hidden by High Monika, February 28, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by High Monika, February 28, 2012 - No reason given

Uh, might want to watch the fade on that one...

i have crazy silky straight hair, typical asian.

how do i get my hair like this? i used to use bed head hold but they dont have it anymore.

Guys, no hate, but for the 10th time there isn't much to explain. Dudes at fashunz shows are likely getting expensive ass haircuts with expensive ass product. If you want to recreate it, you're gonna have to spend some time and some money and then fret over that shit.

-Optional: Hair straightener. Yes even if you have straight hair. Will make your hair much, much more pliable and layer immaculately. But that means you have to straighten your hair and you'll damage your shit a little. Never done it but have a friend who does and it works.

Required

-Long-ish hair, faded, thinned, and textured properly (see: expensive cut)

-Medium strength gel or wax (recommended: Layrite or Layrite Superhold).

-Comb

-Hairspray to set. if you get a cheap one it's gonna get crispy. Below $15 it's all the same crap so you might as well just get the cheapest if that's all you're willing to spend. I get $3 giant cans. Even if you just step up to a $20 there's a pretty significant difference.

-Learn to experiment. Be sure you apply product evenly, separating and sectioning your hair. Applying it too much to the top or front and neglecting the back/sides is Bush League.

Voila.

Posted · Hidden by High Monika, February 28, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by High Monika, February 28, 2012 - No reason given

Thanks. These days I've grown out my hair really, really long but the advice does come from having every terrible haircut in existence. And biggest tip I can give: you can't cut your own hair and expect it to look amazing. Yeah, some dudes can do it really well but it's just not gonna be you (the collective you).