Common Projects sneakers

The first ones that came out were white, black, patent black and a grey suede, no contrast colours. The new ones have the "vintage sole", which are not at all as nice as the OG pairs. I have seen the OGs on eBay every once and a while. I have a pair and they are seriously the most comfy shoes ever! If anyone has a 45 in the grey suede let me know!

Just an alert; saw some Common Projects on Shopmortar.com for $250.

Ordered 8 March, haven't received any updates, even after email and a phone call. Opened dispute with my CC, will let you know how it works out.

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna pick up my first pair of CP achilles low sight unseen so i need your guys' help. I wear 8 US in New Balance so would 41 be my size? From what I've read 40 would fit too tight width wise.

Gonna pick up my first pair of CP achilles low sight unseen so i need your guys' help. I wear 8 US in New Balance so would 41 be my size? From what I've read 40 would fit too tight width wise.

If you have wide feet TTS, if regular/narrow feet size down 1. I feel like this should be engraved on a stone tablet by now.

I thought I would make a table and instructions on how to use said table.

CU77NkR.png

I consider my feet to be normal width, I wear a size 7us (or a size 40 Euro or a size 6uk) in most of my sneakers and consider myself to be a size 7us, In CP i bought a size 39 which to me fit like my dream/perfect 7us shoe.

I have tried a size 40 before and it felt too big and what size 8us shoes generally feel like to me (as in they feel loose and long on me).

Edited by computurd

Yet I am a US12 and a 45 fits me perfectly (I have 7 pairs and all are 45), thus why we will always have people asking about CP sizing.

CP runs Italian sizing which run a size bigger than EU sizing. US12 = EU46 = IT45 = CP XXXX 45 XXXX

I would consider myself normal feet, there is now way the length of a 44 would be comfortable.

For the record, I own Achilles Mid, BBall High, Desert Chukka Boot, Training Boot, Tournament High, Derby Shoe and Tournament Low Velcro... All in 45! Not sure why people downsize for different styles, they all run the same to me.

Maybe the bigger sizes fit more true to size or you can get away with going for a larger size or something because from what I have seen in other threads regarding CP (even just by flicking back a bunch of pages), up to of size 10 according to my chart seems to be pretty 99.9% accurate for what people generally wear

ie

-7us are size 39 in CP

-8us from what i have seen always buy a size 40 in CP, they always seem to make a rookie mistake of buying a size 41 first and realize it is too big (this is my personal benchmark for sizing because whenever i see size 8 folks discuss shoes I always get 1 smaller to what they get and it always works out for me)

-9us wearers are a 41 in CP

-9.5us- 0us wear 42 in CP

Then you see the ones who buy one size bigger to what i listed in this very post and try to convince themselves that its a perfect fit (by saying stuff like, "Im a size 7US and got a 40, fit a bit long but they are PERFECT when i wear thick socks") and confuse everyone further. I know I tried to convince myself when I got my first CP shoes in size 40 that they were a great fit just to convince myself i didnt waste my money lol.

And I know what you mean about sizing differently for different styles, IMO you really should be the same size for all the CP shoes. I am a 39 in all of the CPs I have tried, the time I deviated from a 39 and tried on a 40 they definitely felt too big for me.

Edited by computurd

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone noticed that the dye cp use in their sneakers (primarily the achilles) seems to bleed a huge amount onto the socks you're wearing? an old black pair i used to have constantly made my socks black, and now this pair i have with a white lining is making them white. if you look inside the shoe, its like the dye or colouring has been worn off. kinda shitty.

Edited by conqueror

has anyone noticed that the dye cp use in their sneakers (primarily the achilles) seems to bleed a huge amount onto the socks you're wearing? an old black pair i used to have constantly made my socks black, and now this pair i have with a white lining is making them white. if you look inside the shoe, its like the dye or colouring has been worn off. kinda shitty.

yeah, my low profile boots are doing it since three years...

• 2 weeks later...

^i am sorry but goddamnit

I thought I would make a table and instructions on how to use said table.

CU77NkR.png

I consider my feet to be normal width, I wear a size 7us (or a size 40 Euro or a size 6uk) in most of my sneakers and consider myself to be a size 7us, In CP i bought a size 39 which to me fit like my dream/perfect 7us shoe.

I have tried a size 40 before and it felt too big and what size 8us shoes generally feel like to me (as in they feel loose and long on me).

this is eight posts above yours. please read through a bit before asking redundant questions or phrase it better if you want more detailed info.

^i am sorry but goddamnit

this is eight posts above yours. please read through a bit before asking redundant questions or phrase it better if you want more detailed info.

since the sizes aren't the same i'm not sure about it, also i think i got wide feet so i don't really know which size should fit better. i'd like to buy them in a store but i can't find them here where i live.

^better. in that case... if you *think* you have wide feet try to size accordingly; to my knowledge the consensus is that converse runs large (but this sounds inconsistent)so as a reference point:

i'm ideally a 10.5 us in vans and the same in nike. i haven't worn converse sneakers in a looong time nor have i tried any on in a while, but i tried on bball hi vintage before and unwittingly went a size down (eur 43, all my nikes say 44.5 eur) but they fit about the same as my terminator his. as you and i are half sizes and cps don't come in them (last i checked at local stockist) you then have to decide between a 43 and a 44.

so now it runs back to following the table. if your feet are wide size to the 44; otherwise size to a 43. if you like your footwear a little more snug then risk it with the 43 (leather stretching???? lol).

or play it safe with the 44 (totally suggested if you're sure about your wide feet, otherwise you might be lapsing into "feels like clown shoe" territory).

hopefully this was helpful in some way; good luck and enjoy the new shoes when they come around. :)

Edited by gndm

• 2 weeks later...

i'm not sure how accurate that sizing chart when it gets up to the larger sizes. i'm a US 12 and whilst i can wear a 44, it is really uncomfortable (this is more of a length issue than a width one) - i'd need a 45 like peacedoff if i wanted to wear them all day.

Edited by conqueror

• 2 weeks later...

i got the chukkas, the suede is super soft.  nothing like clarks or shit like that, real soft.  they come on the same sole as all their shoes, which is pretty tank.  i don't wear mine every day but i had them for a month or two and they pretty much show no wear.  i'm sure if you don't really abuse them they'll be fine.  i don't have the tourney highs but i'm sure they like the same.