Common Projects sneakers

I agree with Serge, if you can drop the cash on them, do it. I have a pair of the training boots which have been through snow, sand, cold, hot and they are still going strong. Got them for $275 from SSENSE maybe 4 years ago. Wear them pretty regularly and you will see they far out weigh buying 5 cheap pairs of shoes over the same duration. I have 7 pairs now...

What kind of repair can be done to this? Back of the heel tearing through 1) inner lining 2) cardboard structure and 3) outer leather from the inside

fvvVQ.jpg

this happens to alot of achilles', including every pair i owned. i just covered it up with duct tape before i gave up buying cp's altogether.

I have had it too, I went to my cobbler who glued it back together and covered it with a thin strip of leather. 30 euro repair.. It stayed well in place

As conquerer said , last pair of CP's i've owned.

About a month later the sidewall and stitching came undone, threw them in the bin.

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of repair can be done to this? Back of the heel tearing through 1) inner lining 2) cardboard structure and 3) outer leather from the inside

fvvVQ.jpg

this happens to alot of achilles', including every pair i owned. i just covered it up with duct tape before i gave up buying cp's altogether.

I have had it too, I went to my cobbler who glued it back together and covered it with a thin strip of leather. 30 euro repair.. It stayed well in place

As conquerer said , last pair of CP's i've owned.

About a month later the sidewall and stitching came undone, threw them in the bin.

Updates of the fix I've got:

3XbviNI.jpg

hRPDTep.jpg

New sole on the derbies looking good. Definitely prefer it to the black crepe.

this has happened to 2/3 of mine. obviously not good that it happens at all, but if you take the time to actully unlace them each time putting them on/off, this does not happen.

Checking ebay post-christmas has proved quite useful for finding prospects that were discounted after people had trouble with sizing. Considering hitting up a guy who didn't manage to sell his common projects black postman boots first go round. They look damn good. Anyone own a pair/want to review?

Common Projects BBall review: I picked up a pair of the BBalls in tan leather from SSense post-christmas and I am supremely happy with the quality of the shoe. The new shoe smell of these coming out of the box...glorious. I usually wear 8.5-9 and got a size 42. While I would get a 41 the next time I purchase common projects, the 42 in the BBall is manageable thanks to the extensive lacing and hightop design of the shoe. My foot isn't sliding around unless I am trying to make it do so and these are currently my favorite shoes to wear. Gold numbering is quite subtle in person, which actually only makes these more appealing to me. Lots of compliments; I am a happy customer and I know I will be purchasing Common Projects in the future for design, materials, and construction.

• 3 weeks later...