Common Projects sneakers

what are CPs retailing at these days? close to 400? still made in italy i take it?

heck, i reckon i could do just as good a job and not need to charge anywhere near 400.

Yes and yes.

That´s the way the industry works.

You got me thinking though – CPs and other designer sneakers are made in the same factory in Italy, right?

Could one visit that place and get a discount?

This is a big issue with "Made In Italy" these days...ProfMonitoff had an excellent post on it in the Offshore Production thread.

On the subject of Common Projects, anyone have any additional information on the waxed canvas tournament highs? They aren't selling anywhere , I like them, and they are going on sale nowm but I was hoping to confirm that its just that no one is willing to pay the same price for leather as waxed canvas (which is completely reasonable) and not that the waxed canvas severs your tendons for shits and giggles.

yZ7OqoD.jpg

I want to change the laces to black though.  Anybody know where to cop black common project laces? Or any brand laces that would do the trick?

This is a big issue with "Made In Italy" these days...ProfMonitoff had an excellent post on it in the Offshore Production thread.

On the subject of Common Projects, anyone have any additional information on the waxed canvas tournament highs? They aren't selling anywhere , I like them, and they are going on sale nowm but I was hoping to confirm that its just that no one is willing to pay the same price for leather as waxed canvas (which is completely reasonable) and not that the waxed canvas severs your tendons for shits and giggles.

yZ7OqoD.jpg

I've been thinking about getting those black waxed cotton ones for the price.

I still haven't found that slip on in tan anywhere, been looking for awhile.  

Might see if I can get a local retailer to perhaps order for me maybe.

I am size US8 in Chucks, which Common Projects size will fit me well? I saw some cheap CP in OKI-NI but not sure about the sizes in their website 

my chucks are 7.5 and i wear 40 in CP.  also wear 8s in Nike roshe/flyknit/mayfly if you wanna reference those as well

Doesn't seem like Acne's Adrians are discussed anywhere in the forum- and not compared. You can see them here at End 

Very very similar, but two things stand out to me:

The end of the piece of leather holding the eyelets is not curved and has less stiching than CPs.

The tongue lacks the padded section that CPs have.

Also a different sole, looks like a bit higher elevation.  "full rubber foxing sole and a mock plexi platform."

Anyone have any weigh in on comparison? 

Edited by Autarch

acne adrians are extremely shiny, they almost look like patent leather in sunlight.

not saying that a bad thing. one downside to this type of leather is that it wont look good when creased, same as saint laurent sneakers. overall, they look a lot "chunkier" than achilles. i think they fit true to size, dont personally own a pair but have tried them on in store.

definetely a nice and well-made shoe overall though.

They're pretty easily found new anywhere in between $200-250. I got mine at $220 and found that to be a decent deal.

If you don't subscribe to the stigma of used shoes/find CPs to be good-looking when beat up, it's not unheard of to see them drop to somewhere around $80-120. Upwards of $150 would be too much to pay for a noticeably used pair imo.

They're pretty easily found new anywhere in between $200-250. I got mine at $220 and found that to be a decent deal.

If you don't subscribe to the stigma of used shoes/find CPs to be good-looking when beat up, it's not unheard of to see them drop to somewhere around $80-120. Upwards of $150 would be too much to pay for a noticeably used pair imo.

im not talking about used used. just like 8-9/10

It really depends on your size. 41-44 you can expect $220-$275 new, use $160-$220 range dep on condition. 

All the other sizes you can easily find for cheaper. 

i haven't been able to find a single 40  :(

premium achilles have not been released every season and have varied slightly when they are released. The first iteration released in fw11 had a leather seam all around the shoe which was a totally unnecessary detail, and they were a little bit chunkier on the foot due to extra padding. The liner was also caramel colored instead of the normal white/main color matching that is used in achilles. in fw12 they released the same premium model but instead called it the "winter" premium achilles low. Same shoe without that dumb seam detail at the bottom. This fall they didn't release the premium, but the original vintage lows use the same coloring and details, and my guess is that they are more like the older premiums than the achilles.

fw11

pa2.jpg

fw12

CPAW12_11.jpg

fw13

full_size.jpg