UNIQLO Jeans

Inkrepid

Hey all, pretty new to the world of premium denim, currently only own 2 pairs of jeans, ones Arizona, the other are Levis. How much nicer would UNIQLO's be? Lately Ive been wanting to pick up a nice pair, but I dont really have that much money. UNIQLO seems to have a pretty good selection at the perfect price for me. I really dont want to spend much over 50 dollars, prefferably under. What would you guys reccomened as a good starter pair, if not UNIQLO's.

Two more questions, how do UNIQLO's compare to the more expensive brands as far as quality and how they look after a few months, is it mainly the name you pay for, or is there a big difference thats noticeable.

Also, whats the easiest way to get some to me in the US, I want a size 30 S-002 66 or 67 blue. I looked into a few ways but I was wondering on you guys opinion on whats the easiest. Id love to buy from a forum member if any on here have the connections and are willing.

Thanks!

UNIQLO jeans is just like your typical jeans that you can find in fcuk,gap. I really dont know if you can find a pair of jean under 50, try warehouse sale, i have seen gap jeans for 5 dollars lmao. yes premier jeans are expensive because they use higher quality cotton, and they fit your body shape better. You can really tell if a jean is worth 50+or 200 +

in my experience uniqlo jeans are pretty durable

all ring too

the one-wash i had didnt hold its indigo too well but for twenty dollars im not too upset

washed selvage from last season was thick and held its indigo but i havent worn them all that much because of its fairly baggy cut

my friend and former uniqlo coworker has been wearing his pair most days and hes making slow but steady progress given the relative softness of the washed denim

bottom line:

durable fairly well made jeans given the price

but look elsewhere if you want some real high contrast wear and upscale details

(i have yet to check out the new line but i'll post once i do)

Sounds good to me, I think Ill contact darkanimal and see what we can do. Im only 17, and for my first pair of nice jeans I think UNIQLO's will suit me just fine. I got cars and college to save up for...so I cant go blowing my precious money on a pair of jeans, I just want something nice that I can appreciate and is better then what I have. I looked into some cheap Evisu's but thats a tad much for my first pair..

Being that I'm not a denimfiend, I care not for hot shit Japanese denim that costs $250 a pop. Do you know how much crack I can scoop with that?

So, all a crackhead like me wants out of life is the perfect fit, decent color, durability, and a price that makes me say, "Shit, I can buy a fat sack with my leftovers."

Uniqlo is that jean. Buy Uniqlo.

Oh and uhh, Im a 32 inch waist, I always thought I was 30 because the 32 Arizonas I have sag pretty bad. I just measured and it appears as though theyve stretched to nearly 35, and my levis to almost 36 1/2. That explains why they dont fit to well, I really do need some new jeans! Do UNIQLO's fit 1:1, as in if Im a 32, should I buy a pair of 32's or what?

for $50 i'd stick with uniqlo and gap. at that price point, the denim from both brands is superior to levis. i mean, in that range what you are really asking about, as OMC said, "will these jeans fall apart in 3 months?" "will these jeans jeans loose most of their color in 3 washes?" and from my experience these brands won't fall apart or loose their color qucikly. IMO the same cannot be said for low-end Levi's.

although STF's are fun to mess around with.

Im not to worried about them falling apart, my Arizonas have lasted me over 2 years... I just want a pair of jeans that look good, and will wear and fade nicely. Such as the samurai wear contest, those jeans look great after a few months, granted I expect the UNIQLO's to take a little longer, but I want a nice pair such as that.

the more recent uniqlo denim i've seen, even though they aren't selvage, are surprisingly slubby. i'd say they are structure type denim with varying thickness in warp threads. they look good and i'm curious as to how they fade over time. to me, they definitely look like they're worth their price tag. imo, they look better than the one wash ring denim they used to make few years back, the ones almondcrush was referring to.

info stolen from repeat to fades blog:

Uniqlo is the Japanese equivalent to H&M and Zara, but seemingly with a bigger passion for denim. Their last release of selvedge denim jeans was highly sought after but unfortunately released in very small quantities outside of Japan, perhaps they hadn't noticed the selvedge trend in the West at the time.

The denim used in the last release was supposedly of very high quality in relation to the price, 5000 Yen.

These are Naoto's last season's Uniqlo shuttle denim jeans and according to him the denim is very similar to that of his Nudie Regular Ralf Dry Selvedge. Not surprising considering they both use denim from Kaihara, which Levi's also does for some of the jeans in their Vintage line.

naoto-uniqlo.jpg

The Spring/Summer '07 denim line will however not be made from selvedge denim, but most of the denim will still be from the Kaihara mill. While selvedge is in now way an indicator of quality, I do think that it is a nice, not to say important, detail. And of course, it gives you bragging rights if you cuff your jeans..

The Fall/Winter collection will feature selvedge denim.

This season, the denim is made from two different types of cotton, long fibre cotton from different, undisclosed, parts of the world, and Supima cotton from the U.S for the 11.5oz high-end jeans.

The color is a red-cast indigo. The denim is also rope-dyed, which is almost required in order for the denim to fade well.

Fits from the whole spectrum, from skinny to baggy, will be offered at prices from $40-60.

^ i've been trying to avoid all temptations and focus on one pair (my omnigods). but man, it's been difficult. i ended up wearing my 811s for the good part of the winter because it became way too cold for me for my 50052s. thank goodness it's not like 20 degrees anymore.

so no uniqlo for me for a while. howz yours coming along then?

Guest StuckOnStupid
Arizona? hahahahahahahahahahahaaha. stonewashed comfort fit is the new raw 47. helloooooooooo elastic waistband.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA, i was just thinking of something with a random hammer loop on the leg myself....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...