UNIQLO Jeans

Inkrepid

I think that I read somewhere that raw Uniqlo jeans aren't out yet. There's only or was a one was in the states at one point, but I think that it's gone now. Can anyone back me up on this. Also, there's a washed Selvage still around, I think that I saw a couple of pairs at the Menlo Park store the last time that I was there.

was in uniqlo today in hk, and they now have the premium denim line in

red line selvage, bar-tacks, most likely one wash, blue or black, in the skinny straight or regular straight fits

construction looks pretty solid for the price (200hkd promo price), but some of the pairs had some weird creasing, probaly due to how they were folded up in the store

anyone have any comments on the quality? anyone know how they'll fade??

was in uniqlo today in hk, and they now have the premium denim line in

red line selvage, bar-tacks, most likely one wash, blue or black, in the skinny straight or regular straight fits

construction looks pretty solid for the price (200hkd promo price), but some of the pairs had some weird creasing, probaly due to how they were folded up in the store

anyone have any comments on the quality? anyone know how they'll fade??

the weird creasing is actually from them being one wash.. im uploading tons of pictures i was there yesterday morning too in uniqlo hk... got me a lot of those jeans to give out to my friends only around 26 us dollars per pair.. hold on while i post pictures..

hk2007take5140.jpg

hk2007take5141.jpghk2007take5142.jpg

hk2007take5149.jpg

hem 18cm

inseam 86 cm

back rise 36 cm

front rise 25 cm

thigh's 24 cm

knee 21cm

The Uniqlos are a conspicuous bargin at around 4990 Yen full retail, that's around 40 USD if I'm not mistaken, or less if your currency is strong :)

Denim looks very good for that price. Dry handfeel, compact, maybe 13-13.5oz. The blue jeans have a tint to them, so the weft isn't ecru (you can tell by flipping the underside of the selvedge and see where it's been dirtied by the tint) and the dry crinkled finish reminds me of the Jean Shop jeans.

The sewing looks excellent, and you even get chainstitched hems. The ones I saw labelled 'skinny fit straight' measured around 14.5" circumference around the hem, which, for reference, is a wee bit smaller than an Eternal 811.

Impressive.

the selvedge is going to come in some time during the fall, but it may not be as soon as we'd all like to hope.

we'll all be seeing some more information about the jeans start to trickle in soon, i'll

bet- i'm pretty excited.

anyone remember mizanation's selvedge jeans petition?