gimmegimme

Fragrance Thread

Probably a bit late but I have this.

Personally I like it for its smoky mysterious notes, but it's not a strong scent and will only last for few hours

Agree with this  - it is a nice pleasant fragrance, very easy to wear - I stopped by Dover St. Market on Sunday and sampled it again - quite soft - I might have been a little harsh earlier but I am sure you will liked it.

Just not got the 'oomph' that I prefer when looking to buy- still pretty good value for money though.

Anyone ever try Byredo's Sunday Cologne?

ask them for a sample. it does not last long on the skin at all

any suggestions for fragrance for the upcoming colder seasons?  i really like wonderwood but it doesn't last on me last time i tried

what sort of thing  / scent do you like ?

otherwise it's a bit like asking, "what should I eat for my lunch in 3 months time"

Spicy

Fresh

Woody

Musky

you know? - what kind of thing do you like?

any suggestions for fragrance for the upcoming colder seasons?  i really like wonderwood but it doesn't last on me last time i tried

Same issue. Love the smell but the smell doesn't stick around for more than a few (3-4) hours. Disappointing, really.

I have le artisans vetiver, and enjoy it. Wife gets more play from it than I do.

Any experiences with Mad et len Hummus perfume?

Just sprayed some diptiyique tam dao that was like 2 years old and it went sour. so nasty. didnt know that could happen so quickly. 

Just ordered mad et len hummus, very excited to check it out. The mad et len home scents are really nice as well, from the packaging to the volcanic stones. I may have found a favorite new house. No web presence, hard to find, incredible packaging, im sold. 

anyone sampled the relaunch lang cuiron? same as the original?

I've got a bottle of CdG original, I'd say 90% full if anyone wants to swap or take it off my hands. I like it, my lady hates it, so it must go!

1399906438-96460800.jpg

Got the mad et len hummus for the wife, and i must say im impressed. starts off somewhat offputting, but mellows out to an incredible mysterious smokey dream. Their descriptors - Scent is aqueous and cold mushroom

vetyver, Russian blue pine, rockery, white mushroom, oak moss, and violet.

I've been very interested in YSL's Noble Leather of late, smoky leathery with a hint of fruitiness.

Didn't expect to like it but did.

Anyone have any recs for a really good piney scent? There's this Serge Lutens perfume I'd love to try, "Fille en Aiguilles" but luckyscent doesn't offer samples of that particular fragrance, and I don't think I'd ever do a blind buy with perfume

Anyone have any recs for a really good piney scent? There's this Serge Lutens perfume I'd love to try, "Fille en Aiguilles" but luckyscent doesn't offer samples of that particular fragrance, and I don't think I'd ever do a blind buy with perfume

Hinoki

Margiela "Jazz Club" is a great winter scent. Get nothing but compliments for it.

Margiela-Jazz-Club.jpg

Edited by hate

fille en aiguilles is pretty feminine as I recall in spite of what luckyscent says. there's cedre too but that smells super chemical-y to me. like urinal cakes.

Edited by Denton

Damn, that's a real shame, was even thinking about risking a blind buy

Will check out Hinoki the next time I'm near Apartment

I've tried most of the CDG fragrances, and Wonderoud is my favorite by far. It goes well with the cold weather coming in.

nd.25616.jpg

Damn, that's a real shame, was even thinking about risking a blind buy

Will check out Hinoki the next time I'm near Apartment

Hinoki smells like Pine Sol

got me some Amouage Gold Men for the 3 wise men connotations for winter !

opening ceremony 20% off(non-exclusive) when you use GET20

picked up some gosha for $50~ nd cdg hinoki for $90 :D

My girlfriend gave me Nasomotto Absinth for christmas. It's been on my want list a long time. A really great scent for the winter!

Margiela "Jazz Club" is a great winter scent. Get nothing but compliments for it.

Got this for x-mas wayyyy to strong imo.