what are you eating today?

soepom

l1020536.jpg

I apologize for the shitty pic today... still trying to figure out the "perfect steak", long way to go.

Beef // Potatoes w Chili and Garlic // Pumpkin n Broccoli

Sorry to say it but that steak looks pretty bad. The only way a steak should be cooked is hot and fast and prefereably on a grill or bbq. Really high temperature, five minutes on each side depending on thickness and desired doneness and you are golden. Might be a little charred on the outside but it will be juicy and tender on the inside. Plus I like the taste of char on my meat.

I know it doesn't look too good. Didn't roast it hot enough, true that.

But as for the other thing - only cooking it is only half the truth.

Cook it hot and fast, then let it cool down in the oven until it has the right temperature on the inside...

________

Best method, however, is to cook it sous-vide until it has the desired temperature, then roast it quickly and serve.

My parents do have such a machine at home - best beef.

However I am still experiencing to figure out how to cook the perfect steak without it - and it's a mighty long way to go :D

Sorry to say it but that steak looks pretty bad. The only way a steak should be cooked is hot and fast and prefereably on a grill or bbq. Really high temperature, five minutes on each side depending on thickness and desired doneness and you are golden. Might be a little charred on the outside but it will be juicy and tender on the inside. Plus I like the taste of char on my meat.

you have to boil the noodles in a really small amount of water, and stir them like crazy. You want the amount of water to be exactly what will reduce off and cook the noodles. If you do it in a smaller saucepan, you can still cover the noodles enough to cook them through. This way all the flavour absorbs in to the noodles, and there is no liquid.

somebody teach me the ways of brothless instant ramen

when i was in elementary school some kid had it, and i tried to make it and it was never the same. i tried olive oil, butter, whatever whatever i can't do it!

boil the noodles without adding the powder/flavour packets.

put the flavouring into your bowl without water

drain off all the water from the plain-boiled noodles except a tiny amount

mix this tiny amount into the bowel with the flavouring. it should be enough to form a thick goop at the bottom

add the noodles which have been drained to the mixture and mix mix mix

the goop should be watery enough to coat the noodles