what are you eating today?

soepom

it's surprisingly tasty with mayo, and it makes the surume less dry

Mayo makes everything taste better, more so the Japanese kind. Though with that large piece of dried squid, I possibly might need a dollop or two more. Interesting combo though, I'd never think to put two and two together.

Sorry for the posting spree, its in an attempt to catch up to something more daily. Dinner out, the better half was craving Filipino.

Appetizer, local version of mozarella, Quesong Puti.

4343146984_9e0e4fd7e3_o.jpg

For veg, string beans stewed coconut milk, pork and chilis.

4343147392_c551e84a4f_o.jpg

Half of the mains, Garlic Galunggong, which I guess, is closest to mackerel by definition.

4342411497_dc1c85f230_o.jpg

And plated, an increasingly regular routine that at that time even drew an odd stare or two. I wouldn't technically consider it playing with food, no?

4342411875_9e30dbe9b9_o.jpg

Pressed coffee, two cups. A ham and cheese quiche. Bacon, a fried eggs, and two pieces of toast. A big fan of breakfast food, partly due to my weakness for coffee, and the latter trifecta. And, quiche? Well, that's just good any time of the day.

4342412003_6372574afc_o.jpg

4343148520_89ac05a0d8_o.jpg

4343148716_24cc00151d_o.jpg

dino! what is that??? thats redic. send me one.

A shack stack burger- 1/4 lb cheeseburger, topped with a double cheese stuffed, fried portobello, lettuce, tomato, and shack sauce.

I feel so remiss and remorseful for all the eats I've been keeping from you guys lately, my lazy ass doesn't have much excuse

Valentines Day dinner. Group of friends went out to try out a new brasserie type place in town.

Started with Shrimp Scampi. (Minus points for the shrimp not being de-veined on our plate, and then done so in another.)

4355112239_1ea520a0a2_o.jpg

Steak, served with foie gras mousse, truffle oil on top of mash. (Minus points for it coming a lot earlier than the pasta.)

4355855978_2dc26c7eca_o.jpg

Desert. Chocolate coated slivers of Apricots, Strawberries, with a zesty chocolate cake.

4355856240_72ec9b53b2_o.jpg

Spite being peeved with how the food was served sporadically, (Wine not chilled, steak unrested, soup too hot or cold, and late with the pasta) I'd still deem it a good dinner. It's just that the place's ticketing is a damn mess.