what are you eating today?

soepom

if they like chain restaurants, they like having sex without condoms.

I'd recommend sticking to bars for those sorts of women

cheaper, and less involved.

The food I run into at home. Fried pork chops and veg (quick lunch), an assortment of cakes (stoned at 2 in the morning), and shrimp in a spicy coconut milk sauce (Sunday fare).

4370433330_b2dba8316f_o.jpg

4369685499_103340be35_o.jpg

Oh man, I can't tell you how many times I've been there. Still, there's nothing better than cake.

I need to start carrying my camera more often.

Met some friends for dinner tonight. Ate at this trailer (Austin is in full food cart/trailer mode) called Odd Duck Farm to Trailer. Really great food for great prices.

Menu changes some every day. All locally sourced stuff.

I ate/shared a rabbit and oyster mushroom quesadilla, half a grilled quail on sweet potatoes with parmesan, and turnips with goat ricotta on toast.

http://www.oddduckfarmtotrailer.com/

tagliatelle con ragù alla bolognese

6tnw5u.jpg

made the ragù 2 nights ago but didn't take a photo of it

went past a butcher at smithfields and bought some mince - much more texture than supermarket stuff! unspectacular but hearty and rich sauce, was on the simmer for 3 hours. finally got that consistency that blumenthal talks about, dry until you start stirring the pasta and the oil from the ragu just makes the whole plate come alive.

We went to a little breakfast/lunch place we like to go to called Tecolote Cafe.

Its a New Mexican greasy spoon sort of place that has been featured on that Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives... but the food is good.

IMGP0003-8.jpg

I got the Sheepherder's Breakfast: Boiled red potatoes, jalapeno, onion, smothered in red and green chile, topped with two eggs over easy and cheese:

FOOD031010_1.jpg

Sarah got Huevos Yucatecos: Two corn tortillas layered with black beans, scrambled eggs, smothered in green chile with feta and jack cheese and pico, with grilled banana, and posole on the side (the empty basket had muffins and biscuits in it that come free with the entrees):

FOOD031010_2.jpg

And a close up of the banana.

FOOD031010_3.jpg