what are you eating today?

soepom

THE CHEAP LIST. Scroll through. I use the site often to find spots.

try

Super Taste for hand pulled noodles. Canal and eldrich

Taco truck on 7th and 14th

Tuck Shop for meat pies 1st and 1st

any bahn mi spot. I like the one on Mott and canal.

Parisi Bakery. Sandwiches. Mott btwn Broome and kenmere

All of the above are cheap and filling. Some its more about the size for the price. Others are just flat out cheap.

Mellowfellow, looking fantastic, obviously. Mis, sheeeit, I've been meaning to put a fried egg on a burger. Looks delicious.

Maybe it doesn't look like it, but this may have been the best burger I've ever had. The patty is a mix from the local butcher called squeelers which is made of beef, pork, lamb, and elk. I used comte cheese, and it also had bacon, bbq sauce, onions, and a type of avocado called a bacon avocado. The meat was crazy juicy and flavorful. I will make these again soon.

DSC03969.jpg

has anyone had peter luger's? i wanted to go last time i was in NY, but couldn't even get a reservation.. as good as they say?

dude, i had the porterhouse for 2, fucking awesome. the filet mignon cut of the steak was THE TRUTH. sides and desserts aren't anything special, but aren't bad none the less. and you get a chocolate coin at the end.

dude, i had the porterhouse for 2, fucking awesome. the filet mignon cut of the steak was THE TRUTH. sides and desserts aren't anything special, but aren't bad none the less. and you get a chocolate coin at the end.

don't listen to this man... EVERYTHING at luger's is the truth. straight up death-row last meal steez.

hand cut bacon (must try)

tomatoes and onions

german potatoes

french fries

creamed fucking spinach (must try)

porterhouse (must try)

all so next level that they lap around and reach the next level twice. it's the greatest food i've ever tasted.

was it basically a burger and french fries ?

i've googled it and yeah what i did wasn't far from that.

Nah, its a steak with french fries. Unfortunately in America, more often than not they do it wrong, but since you're in Paris, I suggest you hit up Le Relais de Venise. Probably one of the best meals I've ever had (twice).

i'm stupid, by burger i meant steak... so yeah that's what i thought. you can't go wrong with steak and french fries ! when there's nothing original at the school restaurant i have some and they're quite decent.

i'm do not live in paris but go there a few times a year. i wanted to go to the relais de venise with my dad once but it was too crowded :( ... this place is on my list of places i should eat at before i die !

not from the grease trucks tho... they use wax paper. so where kop ?

good catch...

The grease trucks use super low quality ingredients and stuff the sandwiches with fries, so I don't get fat sandwiches there. That one is from Douglass Pizza down on George St. They're really good :)

not exactly today but..:

Braised short rib

3227589502_d0ea9f01ef.jpg

Made myself off some recipe from Amateur Gourmet, supposed to be from the Babbo cookbook? Turned out pretty great. I'll leave it in the oven for a bit longer next time though.

5 guys burger

3241272037_88f85a4eb0.jpg

Pretty great burger. Kinda reminds me of shake shack/in-n-out

Winter Squash velouté

3220702907_b9fe1e7672.jpg

From Cafe Boulud, restaurant week

Braised Veal Cheek

3221552884_f4f2b5b813.jpg

also from Boulud

Chocolate Financier

3220703625_6a06f638dd.jpg

more Boulud

I gotta get better at this whole food photography thing.

I would like to as well, but there aren't any in Northern California to my knowledge. In n Out it is.

I'm about to go kill on some Indian food and pick up hella hella rendered duck fat and legs for some confit de canard. Mmmmm...

Boulud was pretty great, it's not the most amazing food ever, nor are there that many "interesting" flavor combinations (see: wd-50, alinea, etc.), but almost everything was done perfectly (the one miss was the seafood bouillabaisse, was just too bland imo) and from what I know of it, that's what they were going for.

I'm definitely going to go back and try out their regular menu when I can.

It was easily better than Boulud's Bistro Moderne, which was pretty terrible (for what it was); the famous db burger was a huge disappointment as well.

where all mah azn popeyes lovers at? mass, i gotchu once again, lets go on a food trip..

3242993838_568c49b529_o.jpg

3242997916_25f16655f8_o.jpg

lib's creation and now long time favorite

3242993802_580a0480f0_o.jpg

crif dogs spicey redneck- heaven in a bun

3242993798_3646bfda82_o.jpg

bison burger- tasted healthy, under 400 kcal so..

3242993796_9863edf25a_o.jpg

I still don't get the hype on 5 Guys. Their burgers are yum, but they're pricey, too oily for my taste, and any vegetation gets muddled by the fact that it's thrown into foil to steam before you can eat it. Cajun fries are legit tho.

Typical Filipino breakfast? Scrambled eggs, corned beef with onions & tomato, King's Hawaiian Rolls:

0118091032.jpg

Big Mac x Filet o' Fish x Chipotle Chicken Snack wrap:

0116092049.jpg

Homade Taquitos and nachos:

0110091340.jpg