Eternal 868 10th Anniversary - Arrived!

k3mistry

back to eternals, has anyone with some wear on them have any input on how they stretch?

Not much stretching, they don't seem to shrink much either. Keep in mind that they have a very relaxed fit new

30 days of wear so far and hardly any fading

can anyone please update some pics of 868/872 plz??:D :D cuz theres a restock on rakuten last month , its tempting

No pics, but I wouldn't have a lot to show yet anyway. On my pair there is the vaguest suggestion of fading in a few places. Nothing anyone but me would notice, but I can tell the color is going to be great eventually. I'd say go for it.

Ok, since this thread is back on the first page, I need some advice from your guys. I ordered a pair of 872 back in March from Zipangu Treasures, but the size 28s were still on preorder while they were being made. At the time I ordered they were super quick responding to all my emails and keeping me updated. Even though the Levis drama, they were very helpful. It has now been two months and I've noticed that size 28s are now on both the Eternal website and on Bears Rakuten site. I've emailed them about it twice now, and after almost a week, still no reply. I don't want to jump the gun and over react, but what do you guys think? Should I just wait it out and see what happens? I feel like it's too early to contact PayPal, since they've been so helpful so far, but I'm getting a little worried. Any Ideas?

Will WONDERS never cease??? My long-lost, presumed-to-be-stolen 10th Anniversary Eternals HAVE SHOWN UP (to my office in Pakistan, where I no longer am, of course).

Talk about deferred gratification! A friend is bringing them to Bangkok later next week, but I leave a couple days before that for 6 weeks in the USA. SOOOOOOO, that means they’ll be waiting for me to pick up when I return to Bangkok in mid-August.

BUT, I’m like utterly thrilled to know that they have emerged from the murky swamps of the bl**dy APO postal system. Unbelievable!!!!

These were shipped on MAY 6th. They were into US customs the next day and on into the APO system the next day. They were shipped EMS, too. They appeared on 22 JUNE. Yeeesh. That is DEFERRED gratification.

BUT, as noted, I am really grateful and still in disbelief that they have emerged at all. I have something special to look forward to!

YEA!!!! :D

Nice LL, thats pretty awesome. any of the other things that have gone missing shown up?

Sigh. I wish. Nothing else (so far). A fine pair of Aldens, the Cone Denim Book, a pair of 5EP straight downs in raw, plus some other lesser stuffs. Most of us who lost stuff think it was pilfered in-country in Pakistan, but this last instance of the remarkable prodigal return has given us pause to think. It being military, who knows just where the "real" inefficiency lies :rolleyes:.

Now I have to wait until mid-August to even see these babies, but the knowledge that I WILL has me pretty chuffed (pleased). Who knows? Maybe I'll just put these away so that I can have 'em new to compare with the 15th Anniversary Edition..!

• 1 month later...

Talk about delayed gratification!

I got my Eternal 868 10th Anniversary special edition jeans a full THREE months after they were shipped.

I’ll skip repeating the story. It’s above. And the bl**dy boots remain missing in action!

About the Eternal 868s: The denim is quite amazing. The photos should capture the weaving pattern that is strongly reminiscent of a S.E. Asian Ikat weaving, where the design is done by careful dyeing of the warp and weft. Under careful examination, the design is not an accidental output but was a very careful design executed in the weaving. It is really beautiful. I can’t bring myself to wear them, let alone go out and trash ‘em.

Eternal868-a-1.jpg

see the weave

Eternal868-b.jpg

One more - just for the overkill:

Eternal868-c.jpg

Given I’ve got other contest denim on the way, and my dedication to a thorough wearing of my SC 47s, I may just put these on the shelf for a while. Maybe I can trade for something exotic in the future.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I've searched to my hearts content. From SUFU, to Japanese online stores, to BIG, and even email's with Gordon, but I still need some help.

I plan on picking up a pair of 872's within the next 2 weeks, but I'm having some sizing troubles.

I wear a size 32 in Pure Blue Japan xx-005's (fit perfectly), and a size 30 in the 872's measure up closely, but 2 inches smaller waist.

Is it at all possible that I could stretch out a size 30 to fit my 32 (ish) waist?

I think I've gathered that a size 31 would fit spot on, a size 30 could fit perfectly if the waist stretches, and that I would be un-happy with the looseness of size 32's after I wear them in just a little bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love slubby denim!