Eternal 868 10th Anniversary - Arrived!

k3mistry

Well, after feeling elated that I had scored one of the last known pair of the 868 10th Anniversary Edition Eternals..., well, it seems they've been stolen from the post.

EMS had a tracking number that showed them shipped out super fast, and showed them getting through US Customs and into the black hole known as US APO.

I've had a pair of 5EP stolen, as well as a fine pair of Alden shoes. Added to these, and a few other items, the value I have handed over to postal thieves is really adding up.

I am so thoroughly bummed. Not like it's nice living out here on the Pak-Afghan border, but ordering in cool stuff was a key coping strategy.

I'm sufficiently pissed about such bullsh*t, and a certain amount of other, very real bullsh*t that I have to put up with, that I've decided to leave this black hole of Talistan.

Grrrr. Oh, well. Someone has some fine new Eternal jeans. It just ain't me.

:mad:

damn, LL. i feel for you, brother.

is it possible to use military shipping for next time?

damn, LL. i feel for you, brother.

is it possible to use military shipping for next time?

that ain't right, leica.

some truly f*cked up sh*t. it's obviously done by people who don't even understand the emotional values to these items. because if they did, they couldn't do this to someone living far away from home.

Thanks, guys.

Actually, APO IS the bl**dy military shipping. The pilferage rate is apparently very high. I've just been ordering the stuff that is among the easiest to flip for real $$ on the black market.

Oh, well. The Eternals were just an impulse buy. Zipanga treasures was fresh and hot and he had great prices. AND, he had what seemed to be the very last pair of the 10th Anniversary pair in my size. No bad rep to him, tho. The EMS tracking saw it out his door by the next day.

I can tell I was really pissed. Usually I write Talibanistan, and I cut it to Talistan. Ha.

Anyway, thanks for all the grins guys. Back to the thread(s) :D

These and those Oni's natural indigos are the two pair I wish I had.

They look really really good man, super nice drape on em. You must be happy, I havent worn mine much but when I do, I really start loving them, they have a great fit. Very ergonomic fit ( i know this sounds dumb, but in contrast to the pbjs they are ergonomic! ). I think they are quick faders too.

John - 330usd - shit, i wonder how much they will fetch...

Kahltire - Yup these have a touch of hip flare, I wear em high at the same spot as I wear my sc40500's, but they look great, as headtowalls pics have shown, they dont look oldman like. On my 30s the hem is a touch over 8" about 20.5 cm...... rep me if this helps! Ha.

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys.

Definitely agree with you on the comparison to PBJs, Viv. After those, I needed to get something with a more generous fit, and these definitely fit the bill.

As for quick fading, we'll see. XX-005s are on hiatus until I get around to doing some repairs, so there's nothing to stop me from trashing these, except maybe the heat.

has anyone made any 'progress' on these yet? I'm really torn between getting these or some fullcount 1108's...These are so new though there's no wash results or fades...AHHH I can't buy both...that will put me in the "too many jeans, too little time" category...

You might want to throw a quarter...

2 jeans that are completely different.

Regular smooth verses crazy streaky,,,,

Also fit wise...

I just have the feeling that you might have a chance to snatch a Fullcount anytime - like say 3 years from now..

Which is what I'd doubt about the 872...

You might want to throw a quarter...

2 jeans that are completely different.

Regular smooth verses crazy streaky,,,,

Also fit wise...

I just have the feeling that you might have a chance to snatch a Fullcount anytime - like say 3 years from now..

Which is what I'd doubt about the 872...

Thanks beatle, I think I'd like the 'variety' of the streakiness...but the fullcounts are nice and lighterweight for summer possibly and I've seen some fantastic fades on them.

hmmm. what's the consensus on these? buy your normal waist size? or size down a little?

regarding the FC 1108, size down one size and you'll be delighted with the fit (it's a solid 66 cut i.e straight on the slim side)

check this thread for more feedbacks:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=20920

personally, i think these are a really nice fucking paair of jeans that you wont regret (as long as they're not tight you'll be fine with them this summer... )

btw 872's are desirable; probably my next catch for winter 08

regarding the FC 1108, size down one size and you'll be delighted with the fit (it's a solid 66 cut i.e straight on the slim side)

check this thread for more feedbacks:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=20920

personally, i think these are a really nice fucking paair of jeans that you wont regret (as long as they're not tight you'll be fine with them this summer... )

btw 872's are desirable; probably my next catch for winter 08

Yeah I searched that 1108 thread, and I probably wouldn't size down as ayn's fit is more slim than I'd like.

back to eternals, has anyone with some wear on them have any input on how they stretch?