Eternal 868 10th Anniversary - Arrived!

k3mistry

Damn, All these pics make me want to take the plunge and cop a pair of the 872! They just look way too beautiful! I was debating to get a pair of SC haiwaii's but after seeing this i think im gonna get the 872.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm strongly leaning towards getting these as my next pair. Hoping someone who owns them can give some insight about sizing.

My APC New Standards are size 30, and a year later are a little roomy.

PBJ XX-005 size 30, a touch too snug.

Nudie Slim Jim size 32, a little big.

Tried on Eternal 811 size 32 at BIG, couldn't button the top button.

If a 33 existed in the 872, I think that would be right. I guess I should get size 34? Thanks in advance.

nah mate, id err on the side of smaller, I have the 30s but have 31 pbj and baggy size 31 APC NS's.... I would have liked these in a 29, I got a 30 though and they dont pinch my waist at all. Also you may be wearing these higher than your PBJs and new standards - in which case smaller is better - as your waist is smaller than your hips, yknow..

nah mate, id err on the side of smaller, I have the 30s but have 31 pbj and baggy size 31 APC NS's.... I would have liked these in a 29, I got a 30 though and they dont pinch my waist at all. Also you may be wearing these higher than your PBJs and new standards - in which case smaller is better - as your waist is smaller than your hips, yknow..

Wow, good thing I asked! That's pretty much the opposite of what I was going to do.

How has stretching been?

Ive only worn em a dozen or so times but id GUESS they stretch quite well, my knees are already kinda baggy, yeah I cant help you too much on that one, maybe someone else has worn em more and can help.

I think in general its best to err on the smal side, its easy to stretch jeans, but if they are just on inch bigger in the waist its going to take a hell of a hot soak to reduce it. Best to buy snug!

where the fuck did you get those i tought those were already sold out everywhere..

its not the 10th anni. its the eternal 872, its the same as the 10th anniversary one just doesnt have 10th anniversary cloth and something else i think. But the jeans is the same.

err guys if ever this wil be my first eternal jeans... im wearing a size 33 on all my sammies and a 34 on skulls (6x6) what size should i get on these eternals? a 34 or a 32? cause i dont think they have a 33...

Well, after feeling elated that I had scored one of the last known pair of the 868 10th Anniversary Edition Eternals..., well, it seems they've been stolen from the post.

EMS had a tracking number that showed them shipped out super fast, and showed them getting through US Customs and into the black hole known as US APO.

I've had a pair of 5EP stolen, as well as a fine pair of Alden shoes. Added to these, and a few other items, the value I have handed over to postal thieves is really adding up.

I am so thoroughly bummed. Not like it's nice living out here on the Pak-Afghan border, but ordering in cool stuff was a key coping strategy.

I'm sufficiently pissed about such bullsh*t, and a certain amount of other, very real bullsh*t that I have to put up with, that I've decided to leave this black hole of Talistan.

Grrrr. Oh, well. Someone has some fine new Eternal jeans. It just ain't me.

:mad:

LL, wouldn't it make more sense to beat up what you already have to hell, then wait till you get posted back like you said to SE asia or the like to start purchasing new things?

Well, it sure seems that way NOW. Actually, I always thought APO was more secure. I saw it as a way to get stuff that ordinarily gets hung up in Thai Customs, or stolen from the post there. Oh, well...

Thanks for the thoughts, tho.

LL - thats shit, man I really feel for you, god.

Looking for the silver lining..... I guess you can order the 872s, they are exactly the same, but I know, i know... not the same.

Also if you see some geezer walking around in raw jeans, take a second look, you cant mistake the fabric of the eternals 868s, if its flaming slubby.... you can pail the fuck out of him with a shadow of doubt!!!

I'm gonna guess they were stolen at the APO port of entry, which is Karachi. Probably sold in the Thieves Market there for 1/10 of their actual cost. Sigh. Same guys probably got all my other stuff, too.

On the other hand, compared to the billions of US taxpayer money being wasted here, I shouldn't feel too bad. (except that I do!)

Oh, well. Life goes on. :cool: