Halfcabs.. the new Dunks?

Selegna

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the half cabs have alot of potential.. it COULD become the new dunk if vans marketed it properly. In fact, the whole classic series could be "new dunks".

Why would anyone want Half Cabs to be the new dunk? Oversaturated market with lackluster colorways, crappy materials, and perceived limitedness...That's not a good look for Cabs.

I feel you can only wear half cabs if you skate, or have skated extensively in your past.

To an extent I agree. To me the Half Cab is more than just a sneaker, it has a certain nostalgia to it that represents skateboarding. I'm not going to hate on someone who wears a pair of Cabs and doesn't skate, but I think it's lame if people start to hoard them just because they've become the new "it" shoe.

Does Caballero still make anything off of these?

I was thinking about this the other day. I'm sure he probably does. I don't see why he wouldn't. He and Vans seemed to have a good relationship over the years, so I'm sure he's getting paid.

For those who skated half cabs before. How are they compared to sbs? Do they have good boardfeel? I've been skating sbs and it's too expensive!

This makes me sad. Of course Half Cabs are good skate shoes. They've been around for fifteen years (longer if you consider the full Cabs). Good board feel? Let's just say there is a reason every skate shoe manufacturer is producing shoes with vulcanized soles now.

I really hope Half Cabs don't become the new dunk, but I think that's the direction it's heading. I mean, I like the fact that half cabs are popular, because that means they'll produce these dope colorways with the updated construction. But when people start buying them just cause people on SF say they're cool it starts to get wack.

I think the Syndicate line as a whole has contributed to the Vans hoopla. Before Syndicate, nerds were just wearing slip-ons. Now you've got people clamoring for Eras, Chukkas, Cabs, Sk8-Hi's, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love Syndicate, but it seems to be following the Nike tradition of generating hype through limited releases and artist collaborations.

Whatever though. This shit happens all the time. It's always sad to see something you love gain mass appeal. But people will eventually move on to the next big thing.

I feel you can only wear half cabs if you skate, or have skated extensively in your past.

i guess this is supposed to be true for dunk sbs as well? luckily, I skate in mine and im not a poser... but still, obviously its not true, most skate shoes are worn just by regular kids... then again, most skate shoes are fat and ugly (like the half cabs imo)

Skateboarding in half cabs kill my feet, its anything you jump down more than 5 stairs will make your feet implode or something. Their great shoes for like not jumping down things and stuff.

I put gel insoles or whatever in mine, works wonders..Great board feel/control and extra cushioning, win freakin win!

Whatever though. This shit happens all the time. It's always sad to see something you love gain mass appeal. But people will eventually move on to the next big thing.

I hear you man. This is kind of the way it's always been with skateboarding and skate culture fading in and out of the "mainstream." The worst part is that in the last few years it's been just skate fashion - sneakers - that have been embraced and not skateboarding itself. So basically something is taken completely out of context and the important part is forgotten about - as will be the case if Half-cabs ever get blown into "dunk-status."

Either way, for those of us who actually skate and knew about them before Supreme put them out - for the second time - they will be forever unfuckwithable. Let everyone else enjoy them for now.

i think they are so ugly and yet another af1-esque toebox doesn't help either. I know people here enjoy them, but to me they are no different from all the af1 spoofs by fubu, reebok, or whatever they are with the shaq logo on the side.

So yea, they ain't seeing dunks in no time.

you are an idiot.

vans did not make the half cab to copy the air force one.

i think they are so ugly and yet another af1-esque toebox doesn't help either. I know people here enjoy them, but to me they are no different from all the af1 spoofs by fubu, reebok, or whatever they are with the shaq logo on the side.

So yea, they ain't seeing dunks in no time.

whats wrong with an AF1 esque toebox?

besides the closest in appearance they come to any nike shoe is a delta force