Halfcabs.. the new Dunks?

Selegna

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think about these...

native_american_loden_wht.jpg

These aren't bad, I've also seen brown and black versions where the middle is a leather-ish braided pattern that looks half decent, as well. Personally, the little half circles on the sides of these bother me though for some reason.

Half cabs are alright, but I doubt they'll ever actually replace dunks in popularity nor take their place. I kind of like the BMX versions of the H-Cs though.

• 3 weeks later...

half cabs ARE the new dunk sbs. supreme, then carhartt do we not see a pattern here? not to mention artists like mr. cartoon to start. might even see a futura one comin up lol. what's next city series half cabs? shit, i'd buy. lol. imagine diamond ones w/ the croc print and shit to start the craze?

recent collabos.

carhartt x vans

vans-carhartt-half-cab-1.jpg

active mail order x vans

active-vans-drop-sneakers-half-cab.jpg

^ -Supreme's been doing half cabs with vans for a few years now.

-The active mailorder thing, they're doing collabs with a ton of other companies as well, so that's not really a valid point either in proving they're the new dunks.

But the carhartt point is legit..still don't think these have the ability to exactly become the new dunks, I just can't see it happening. Gaining popularity though? Definitely.

does everyone have to disect everything someone says and "correct" them point by point. geeze. yea, i know supreme's been doing vans since the friggin 90's. sorry, i only caught on since the checkerboard half cabs.

anyway. thanks for ur opinions on my post. at least u read it hurrah. realistically, they won't get as big and as mainstream as the dunk sb. seems like just recently them cali/west coast kids are popularizing it, and now has caught on in the east. skaters aside.

they won't get as big and as mainstream as the dunk sb. seems like just recently them cali/west coast kids are popularizing it, and now has caught on in the east. skaters aside.

i dunno about that...people always been rockin it here in NY, it's definitely getting more popular now due to the collab releases

The Vans hype kills me..especially living in the Bay Area, where a lot of boppers/hipster posers wear Vans with baggyass jeans due to that fucking gay ass song by the pack...some of you may know it. Ruins the image Vans has.. As for the half-cabs, I don't think they're overly hyped..theyre a great shoe, comfortable,great for skating, as are the other models Vans carry--Eras, slip-ons, Authentics, moccasin, surf 108, chukka, etc. But due to the many collabs that are happening with Vans and other companies, you can say many people who just started rocking Vans, go for those first instead of the simple stuff. For me, it's the simplicity, comfort, and price that gets me to wear vans. Been rockin' Vans since I was small, and never stopped. Few nikes here are there, but most of my shoes are Vans. I won't lie, I have some preme cabs (red 06') that are pending to me from Selegna..new ones are fucking ugly, imo. But anyways, no, Half-cabs will not be the "new dunks". I don't see nearly as much people rocking half-cabs than people wearing dunks. All these crazy colorways that Nike comes out with for Dunks attracts people more than half-cabs and Dunks are just too big of a deal in today's "shoe world". It's sad to see people dropping $500-1000 on some super-limited dunks, but I guess that's part of the experience and fun...nuff' said.

Guest Airjamie

I cant stand halfcabs for the fact that i think suede shoes are ugly. If they started making them in plain leather i would likely rock the frequently. What the hell is with vans aversion to full grain anyway?

Half Cabs aren't an East Coast/West Coast thing.

Guys like Carroll, Mariano, Cardona, and the Zoo York crew were wearing Cabs in the early-mid 90's.

tell em how it is!

I really hope that the same people who are fiending for even the most whack SBs now don't jump to half cabs. it's bad enough i see these damn kids just carrying pristine skateboards to front. it's weird though seeing half cabs in fruity colors like the recent supreme collab makes them look so whack.

some more pics of the camo half-cabs...the way these samples look in these pics is not as dope as in the prior pics posted:

http://www.sneakerplay.com/gallery/shoeciety/83932/

...but those new AVE Sk8 Lows are SICK!:

http://www.sneakerplay.com/gallery/shoeciety/83933/

...i knew he'd somehow come correct for his second shoe...they've got the o.g. sole and everything. i had seen a clip of him skating in the red checker ones and had wondered what they were. check the new Skateboarder mag for the ad and an ill AVE sequence

http://www.sneakerfiles.com/2007/06/15/new-vans-ave-sk8-low/

Wow, fuck that kid.

10 bucks says he doesnt even know who Steve Caballero is.

who?

halfcabs the new nikesb? nahhhh

they maybe hot but the hype will never go as high as the nikesbs... sure u got lines for collabs with halfcabs but you dont see q's for gr releases.

yeah...do u want to hook me up? i'm trying to get rich off of this shit too. i'll give you a decent price...i'm a small guy in the reseller game. plus tbh i don't enjoy driving to the nearest syndicate retailer out here.