Halfcabs.. the new Dunks?

Selegna

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, Half Cabs aren't even close to Dunks. Dunks are being rocked by anyone and everyone. Maybe a good portion of the SuFu audience has Half Cabs, but other than that, they don't seem overly hyped to me. The whole Vans thing blew up, but it looks like that is already starting to mellow out too.

since theres only 7 half cab auctions on ebay right now I`d say they are where dunks were in about 1998.

btw anyone got any intel on where the fuck I can get gator embossed half cab syndicates, sz 11, white or black?

oh yeh and do half cabs fit like dunks or not?

I don't know about new dunks, but they are seriously the most comfortable shoe/sneaker I ever wore (mostly had nikes)

When ever I wear my half cabs, they look like low tops.I have the plain all black with white nubuck joints, so I guess that they are flimsy. Any suggestions?

I think the half cabs have alot of potential.. it COULD become the new dunk if vans marketed it properly. In fact, the whole classic series could be "new dunks".

I bought a couple of half cabs (along with a whole bunch of sk8 his, eras,old skools and slip ons...) because they fit really comfy, the range is unlimited, and MOST of them are CHEAP (as compared to some of those dunks...)

I have 43 pairs of dunks, and I'm not sure if im bored with em or whatever, but I kinda prefer the vans models more right now...

Does Caballero still make anything off of these? I used to see him around San Jose a lot but that was a few years ago. I got those ftc 20 year half cabs and love them. Besides that I have some epic old cabs from at least 12 years ago that are far too small for me

i dont think they will have a problem making colorways..

I dunno, I wouldn't say that those are nice... Anyway, all I meant is that I prefer the basic colorways, I don't like wearing shoes that look too 'busy' and vans tend to get that look easily when prints or crazed color combos are thrown on there... also I'll always have an aversion to half-cabs that aren't suede...probably stems from trying to skate in a pair of stiff-ass leather ones and just hating it.

I have 43 pairs of dunks, and I'm not sure if im bored with em or whatever, but I kinda prefer the vans models more right now...
I'm considered a serious dunk collector, but I rock more Vans including Half Cabs lol

And yes, Half Cabs do fit like Dunks

i think the answer to the question is yes...

I feel you can only wear half cabs if you skate, or have skated extensively in your past.

and this deserves a ban... or atleast neg rep.