Next denim purchase

naturaljax

It might just be me, but buying denim takes me a few months, I really have to consider what I want to add to my collection, fits, prices, etc.

So what's the next pair of denim you're planning on buying?

I'm either looking at:

- Imperial Dukes

- Eternal 811's

- Sammies.

But I've heard sometimes the quality / attention to detail on Sammies isn't really that great, so that kind of turns me off.

What about you SuFu? What's on your denim mind right now?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there aren't many details on the eternals, but they are constructed impeccably and the details they do have are nice. The stitching on the pocket of my sammies is now starting to come off after less than a month of wear, and on my eternals it took at least 3-4 months

Skulls when I venture down to BiG and NYC for the SF meet-up. Maybe a pair of 6x6's if they don't come out with something slimmer by summer.

I've gotta visit a few people in Japan in the near future, one lives in Osaka and the other is down in the country, so I figured I will probably buy some Japanese jeans for shits and giggles as my souvenir, some house jeans to wear for a long time if that makes any sense, maybe I'll break them out to public-view rotation by the time I turn 30 and have the DDML'ish Alden/Red Wing/EG tradbeast cum Shibuya-Casual wardrobe to match...

-Jomons or some other grail-type jean

-Something slimmer fitting, SDA-103'ish cut in whatever denim they're making it in now...

-Also going to get some sort of buckleback repro or Duckdiggers for my dad as he does some sort of historic re-enactment thing on the weekends as a hobby...

My next real denim purchase though, will probably be several yards of raw selvage once I find some that I like, and then I'm gonna hop off to a tailors and get some jeans made off a Dior-type cut, with a few improvements...

my next is probably a lee repro

but which one?!

evisu or studio dartisan, if you can find it. its kinda more to see how they turn out dont know if anyone has ever posted them on here

1. ACE Denim

2. Nudie Baggy Bjoern or Straight Sven

3. Oni Red

4. Samurai 510xx 19oz

5. Evisu 2001 without Seagulls

I'd like to have some natural indigo ones too, but no pair with a reasonable price comes to mind at the moment. Most likely some Canes, but I don't know about the fit, I like it loose, but I'm not sure if I can pull this of with Okinawas/Hawaiis etc....

lee repro of choice Sc40300n, the stopped making them, luckily I found a pair on yahoo auctions deadstock and they are due soon via japanhookup

Nice! ;) I was about to say why'd you get them via a yahoo jp auction but then after a quick check, it does seem that these are scarcely available on Rakuten. Hmm, so are Toyo really ceasing production of these? Maybe that's prompted sales cos I'm sure most stores had healthy stock around the time I was offloading my W30 pair.

Anyhoo, I seriously love these jeans so much. And for DDML and anyone else thinking about buying a pair, you will surely love the description at Super Rag

(via google translator) This sugar millet denim uses the sugar millet “of the glory ascent†family property, with system of the Indian indigo which belongs to [kitsunenomago] course, with the indigo leaf which is called alias†[yanbaru] indigo†as raw materials†the [se] dyes and†the fact that it is something which is done, it is the indigo which redness applies is feature. Because the [se] dyeing is dyed, attaching to the bottle by the hand of the bundle individual person of the thread, in order to keep dyeing, only the small quantity, in addition also time is required, very it is luxurious dyeing method. Originally this dyeing method the thread is difficult to become core white, but is, it dyes just outside the [vuinteji] wind blue the craftsman/teacher with the discretion of the craftsman, leaves the center white the thread of “core white†was actualized.

Comment: The sugar millet denim of Sugar Cane 14.25oz, with wall thickness, are here and there white fuzz balls very on the surface, the dense indigo color where purple applied a little is done. At the actual store of our company, it is good to do the chain stitch of the other companies famous denim with the holding ?, but, this sugar millet denim trying comparing with whichever, the wall thickness which has the unevenness impression of being prominent is the denim.

So to summarise, they use an indigo strain from India that gives the rich deep blue hue and the cotton / sugar millet is dying method is shrouded in voodoo but somehow someway the artisan ensures (uniquely for nautal indogo dying) that the core of the warp remains white. Sugar Cane has just restored itself as my number one label and I've just also reminded myself why I fell in love with these Lee repros nearly a year ago now. Fucking amazing jeans.