Next denim purchase

naturaljax

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking about purchasing a pair of Ande Whall Grifters and I'm wondering if anyone knows how they compare with the cut of my Eternal 811s. I'm looking for something close to the same fit (certainly not slimmer) and there's been quite some hype about the quality and fit of the Grifters.

The Eternals are pretty much perfect in a 32 so I'm not sure whether to size up or down in the Grifters (80 or 82 cm). Any insights?

Thanks.

^ It is so disheartening, not to mention expensive when you realise your jeans don;t fit anymore so I can understand someone wanting to be sure of teh size they order. For me losing 1 pound = losing 1" around my waist. Before you know it, great fits start sliding off your ass :(

I agree... the main motivation of wanting to lose weight, at least for me is so that my jeans will fit nicely! not to reach any target of sub 30 waist... some people have it, others just don't... :(

everyone on this board seems to always looks so damn skinny. half the people here have sub 30 inch waists. i don't really understand the whole losing weight thing. i've lost 5 pounds in the last month and haven't noticed the slightest difference in the way my jeans fit.

hahaha... for your information, I'm like 175cm and 73kg... 5 ft 8 inches and 168 pounds... 32" true waist (narrowest part of the waist)... I'm not exactly sub 30 waist!!! :P just aiming for a healthier weight...

hahaha... sorry for the off-topic rant about my weight... :P

I just purchased the 5EP's deadstock in boot cut and straight leg and absolutely love both of them. I'm pretty well stocked as I"m rotating my Dior 19 cm's, Iron Heart Straight Cut Selvage, LVC 47 501's, RB11's. Now I'm thinking of getting the FH's Anniversary Edition. Help!

Ever since I saw Ryu's McCoy's I've always wanted to snag a pair but they seem to be hard to come across.

Also now my dad of all people is getting into raw denim so I'm thinking of having my own contest with him with a pair of LVC '47s

It's never easy choosing a next pair of jeans :(

another month before i'm pretty much "done" with my RRLs (done meaning i don' thave to work on them exclusively). Been thinking this exact question of "what next" for a while now. Whch breaks in faster? Denime or Julien Reds? I have them both and I'm undecided wthich one to start working on.

^^How did your dad get into raw denim? And LVC 47s are a great choice for your contest. All the pairs I've seen have such killer fades.

He actually got into it through watching me do it. He said watching me go throough the whole process really interested him, and he wanted to try it out for himself.

He said he's already got the "denim superiority" feeling while walking around.

I'm excited for him to get a good pair of jeans, and I think the 47's are a good start, plus they're a pair of jeans I feel everyone needs in their collection so I'll pick a pair up for myself.

i'm thinking about a pair of real mccoy's but i've signed up in the "no more denim" thread...till the end of the year that is. otherwise, a pair of real mccoy's could do my collection well...

where are you planning on picking them up? I've been looking around for them but I've been coming up empty-handed each time.

Got a pair of ETERNAL 868s coming my way. I swore I wasn't going to buy any more freaking denim after my SC 55s. but I couldn't help myself. Once they get here, I'm going to cut up my credit card and delete certain websites from my favourites (he says with his fingers crossed).

another month before i'm pretty much "done" with my RRLs (done meaning i don' thave to work on them exclusively). Been thinking this exact question of "what next" for a while now. Whch breaks in faster? Denime or Julien Reds? I have them both and I'm undecided wthich one to start working on.

denime has a much better color than JR.. I feel that JR is lacking a bit.

He actually got into it through watching me do it. He said watching me go throough the whole process really interested him, and he wanted to try it out for himself.

He said he's already got the "denim superiority" feeling while walking around.

I'm excited for him to get a good pair of jeans, and I think the 47's are a good start, plus they're a pair of jeans I feel everyone needs in their collection so I'll pick a pair up for myself.

That's awesome! I wanted to get my dad a pair of nice jeans but he won't wear anything other than khakis/chinos, oh well. Good luck with your contest!

And I definitely agree with you, everyone needs a pair of Levis / LVCs in their collection, be it the 47s or something else!

Denime. You can't compare the denim. You don't get Julian Red because of the denim.

• 2 weeks later...

This'll probably bump this but...

I've gone and bought yet another pair of jeans. A pair of Ande Whall Cougars. But only because V3 was closing up. I was planning to purchase these around May, but had to step it up (pushing my Alden Indy purchase to sometime in July). I can almost guarentee that I won't be purchasing any more jeans (at least until May that is, when chutes starts up his proxy service again - hopefully), since SDA 21oz are sold out EVERYWHERE ( that ships overseas).

I want some goddamn Iron Hearts.

Maybe someone will sell me them at heavy discount since I am still a selvedge-virgin?

That's right Supergays, I have never owned selvedge denim, and have only ever owned one pair of raw denim, which I sold shortly thereafter.

Sacrilege!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a shocking turn of events. How you got to 3,000 + posts without raw denim is a mystery I shall ponder for some time :D

Ha hah. To be honest, the concept is great, and I still read all the posts in Superdenim. If I worked somewhere where I could wear jeans everyday things would probably be different.

Also, I'm not comfortable with the concept of getting indigo on all my shirts, shoes, car interior, couch, etc.............that's why I sold my first pair of raws.

I am a Superanomaly.

Also, I'm not comfortable with the concept of getting indigo on all my shirts, shoes, car interior, couch, etc.............that's why I sold my first pair of raws.

I am a Superanomaly.

I am sure you could find some one wash pairs that do not bleed like a pair of Eternal 811s. Aside from indigo stained shoes, I have not had any bleeding issues with my Nudie Svens and RRLs. The only pair of jeans I have to be careful with are my SDAs.

eternal 811 or anything i can wear for 5 plus years without falling apart.

after i wear in my ns its gonna be something crazy and japanese.

i want to make the next grail.

Your Edwins have already achieved grail-like status!