What are you wearing today? (pics only)

MilSpex

This thread was a lot more interesting when people were more concerned with other people's 'fit' rather than worrying about there brands they wore. Like someone could post a blank H&M/Gap/Uniqlo/AA garment and get the same comments as someone wearing exactly the same style/fit but with a garish logo.

A post by Haptronic wouln't be the same without those boots, it'd be like a post by Milspex without anything that was well..military spec...

I kinda wish boots were more prevelant in men's fashion, without having too look like a biker/han solo/pirate/wearing your girlfriends shoes again...

Edited by Loop on May 14, 2006 at 10:28 AM

You know, cut and fit is important, but fashion is constantly changing. It's part of the nature of looking "fashionable," and at the moment Brand is of massive imporance. Sure, maybe eventually it'll be cool to wear non-branded clothes again, but as long as it is, people are going to have opinions on most every brand, be they good or bad.

i t a l i c s f o r l i f e

http://www.liarsliarsliars.com

Quote:

Why do people join SF just to show what they wear?

--- Original message by eastcoastrider27 on May 13, 2006 07:51 PM

Since this is supposed to be a fashion forum of some sort. Getting someone who is supposed to be "in the know" to say something like:

"Yo, that shit's wack, where'd you get those threads?"

Could be seen as a big compliment on their style in some way.

^^ i agree, but most of the time you cant discount an entire brand as wack. Stussy for example, has good and bad stuff, so you just buy what you think looks good and dont buy what you think looks bad. Seems like common sense, but it also seems like it gets forgotten a lot.

mine today to go to The Denim Bar and whatnot (in the pouring rain):

img07231yw.jpg

img07250pd.jpg

img07278nw.jpg

stussy x sugar cane x AM90

Edited by watchman on May 14, 2006 at 02:34 PM

[File not found]

Quote: Brand is of massive imporance.
I get what you mean it's just that it sometimes seems like you can wear the ugliest crap out there but as long as it says Stussy or Nike across the front in massive letters it's all cool. Is it Levi or someone whose slogan is "Style Never Goes Out of Fashion," ??

Quote:

^^ i agree, but most of the time you cant discount an entire brand as wack. Stussy for example, has good and bad stuff, so you just buy what you think looks good and dont buy what you think looks bad. Seems like common sense, but it also seems like it gets forgotten a lot.

mine today to go to The Denim Bar and whatnot (in the pouring rain):

img07231yw.jpg

img07250pd.jpg

img07278nw.jpg

stussy x sugar cane x AM90

Edited by watchman on May 14, 2006 at 02:34 PM

--- Original message by watchman on May 14, 2006 02:17 PM

nice fit bro

SUPERJUNKIE

Quote:

(for anyone who cares, brown dickies, gap shirt, cup of tea)

I get what you mean it's just that it sometimes seems like you can wear the ugliest crap out there but as long as it says Stussy or Nike across the front in massive letters it's all cool. Is it Levi or someone whose slogan is "Style Never Goes Out of Fashion," ??

--- Original message by Loop on May 14, 2006 03:49 PM

I agree, Loop. Personally, I try to avoid even wearing screenprinted things in general. If you can pull of a decent look with no logos, stupid phrases, or what-have-you's it's going to look nicer than whatever obnoxious t-shirt is cool at the moment.

You also have to remember that those type of shirts are part of the "Street Scene" style of clothing, and that's the kind of board this is. Any kind of fashion board relegating itself to one sort of style is going to have things that look, to others, pretty ugly. But that's why this is a board for that, so you can post that stuff here and there will be people who associate with the look.

I'm sure you probably already get that, but that was just to elucidate my point for anyone else who might not have.

Double edit: I like that last look, Englad. Really clean. Nothing too outside of the box, but the modern cuts keep it fresh.

Edited by Servo2000 on May 14, 2006 at 05:19 PM

Edited by Servo2000 on May 14, 2006 at 05:38 PM

Quote: those type of shirts are part of the "Street Scene" style of clothing, and that's the kind of board this is

I guess I figure that the board has a bit of a split personality, like half of the posts are streetwear but the styles that really stand out (for me anyway) are folks like Haptronic, tg76, Milspex (I when when he's not got 'Supreme' across his chest, like the parasmock or that post in the trench a while back- looked soo fresh then...).

Take MJ above that doesn't say 'streetwear' to me - that actually says;

"what are you looking at brooks-brothers-wearing silicon valley ultra nerds, I could buy your company, now out of my way I'm off to buy that motor launch..."

Edited by Loop on May 14, 2006 at 06:03 PM

Quote:
Quote: those type of shirts are part of the "Street Scene" style of clothing, and that's the kind of board this is

I guess I figure that the board has a bit of a split personality, like half of the posts are streetwear ...

--- Original message by Loop on May 14, 2006 05:58 PM

That's precisely why you see the stuff that seems to be bothering you. It's all good, man.

Edited by Servo2000 on May 14, 2006 at 06:10 PM

y is there sooo much tension on this board??? goodness! lol

men acting like females = internet

nice NDG scarf up there, my big bro got that same one and he wont give it to me...

icon_smile_angry.gif

wore this last night to club...

-New Era

-Mishka

-H&M

-Levi 527s

-Unions

zlt6jb.jpg

zltcp1.jpg

zltd9z.jpg

*officially my favorite tee*

here comes the hate...

***Dociousaliexpifragalisticcalisuper***

Quote:

aa23be.jpg

aa5os.jpg

soundtrack of my day:

aa37re.jpg

DIOR bandana

EMERICA t-shirt

ALIS zip-hoodie

CHEAP MONDAY jeans

BWs SIZE? PACK

--- Original message by sXXXe on May 12, 2006 01:59 AM

yo whats this lp

crivits?

Quote:

Just so as I can justify my post, here's what I wore today;

garden2.jpg

and now you can see why I don't bother posting a picture of myself here...sorry...

(for anyone who cares, brown dickies, gap shirt, cup of tea)

--- Original message by Loop on May 14, 2006 03:49 PM

I dig the tea, dude. Brew it up nearly every night, myself.

SelfEXplanatory i like the big black tee

england nice

smoove.jpg

meeting a friend at his shop.

him

worldman jacket, stripe polo, nudie ssk black

league of gentlemen shoes

me

league of gentlmen blazer, marcs cardigan

smiths tee, imperial dukes, hobnail boots

teisco.gif

Edited by haptronic on May 15, 2006 at 01:52 AM

Quote:
Quote:

aa23be.jpg

aa5os.jpg

soundtrack of my day:

aa37re.jpg

DIOR bandana

EMERICA t-shirt

ALIS zip-hoodie

CHEAP MONDAY jeans

BWs SIZE? PACK

--- Original message by sXXXe on May 12, 2006 01:59 AM

yo whats this lp

crivits?

--- Original message by jasonm on May 14, 2006 11:31 PM

this a spilt 7"

one side ENCOUNTER (hc band from new jersey)

and the other side CRIVITS (straight edge band from holland)

live recorded in berlin.

old world records.

no signature...

Quote:

zoaqhh.jpg

What I wore:

Canali tailor: Pink shirt with french cuffs

Canali tailor: Cream linen 2-button blazer

Hugo Boss dark brown oxfords

Hugo Boss dark brown belt

Nudie Slim Jims

To go to Stanford shopping center to get the misses a Coach bag she wanted.....

You know what sucks....I moved up here from LA last week and I really miss being in a city where it is ok to dress up........fucking Silicon Valley; unless you are wearing something ultra-nerdy or are 40 and clad in Brooks Brothers and driving mocs you feel like a jackass.........

icon_smile_sad.gif

--- Original message by englandmj7 on May 14, 2006 02:30 PM

Hey england. Are you in VC? Sand hill road perhaps? I went to school there so I know what it is like where everyone wants to rock pleated dockers, and kenneth coles/sneakers and ill-fitted button ups.