the "ask an asian" thread.

mizanation

globally speaking, lots of dudes have fetishes for asian women. why is it that women in general find asian men to be the opposite of sex? (aside from the random fat gothy white chick who's seen the crow a trillion times.) on the sex food chain, the average asian man just barely beats out the drunken indian living on the reservation.
late reply but..

I love the fact you felt you had to mention that you weren't fat :D

and yeah, the disapproval is bizarre. Spike's mum (cantonese from singapore), despite really liking me, still has this ingrained thing that makes her disapprove of me for being from a working class/poor background, not being in the right social circles, being white, etc. S'fucking weird. Also, I use chopsticks better than her, which I don't think helps.

OH! That was in response to the post above yours ! This was a long time ago, and it appears nothing has changed. :(

Guest jmatsu

i'm getting tired of all this "why do white dudes like asian bitches crap" already. who fucking cares. instead of whining about the whiteman taking yellow bitches, why not get out there and start fucking.

i'm getting tired of all this "why do white dudes like asian bitches crap" already. who fucking cares. instead of whining about the whiteman taking yellow bitches, why not get out there and start fucking.

for me the issue is not exactly, "why do white dudes like asian bitches" but rather "why do asian bitches like white dudes"...who's REALLY at fault? Are these white dudes really lecherous creeps preying on innocent Cio Cio Sans? Or is it western hegemony that distorts our vision of what constitutes male beauty/power? I'll die happy the day I finally see an asian guy in an Abercrombie catalog.

Guest youngteam

i got no problem with this. i see white guys with ghastly asian bitches all the time, and i'd just like to tell them thank you for taking them off our hands.

in other news, i'm on an informal quest to be with a woman of every ethnicity under the sun -- white, puerto rican, eskimo, fucking whatever. so far it's only been asian and white. i've got a lot of catching up to do.

Guest jmatsu
for me the issue is not exactly, "why do white dudes like asian bitches" but rather "why do asian bitches like white dudes"...who's REALLY at fault? Are these white dudes really lecherous creeps preying on innocent Cio Cio Sans? Or is it western hegemony that distorts our vision of what constitutes male beauty/power? I'll die happy the day I finally see an asian guy in an Abercrombie catalog.

because those particular asian women never met me yet. lol.

obviously there are some asian-fetish white guys who love submissive asian women (on the real, who doesn't??), and vice-versa. what can be done? is it a crime?

you seem like a smart guy, so you already probably know the answer to the never ending question you posted. social conditioning, mass media, and environment.etc etc.

i'll admit that when i see an attractive asian girl with some total bufoon it perplexes me. this is more about naivety and stupidy on the part of the girl though. if she wants to go out with some less than par white dude for social reaons then shes fucking dumb. i wouldn't want to associate with her anyway. although i do think a portion of aisan bitches are brainwashed to an extent, it has never stopped me from getting mine.

stop complaining, get out there and take back your birthrite.

Honestly I never really encountered the whole Asian Girl\WhiteGuy thing until I moved out west for a bit. It was like on every other block in SF. Doesn't bother me since I'm so blessed with handsome genetics, but thats whole nother story.

Honestly any Asian guy in abercrombie is suspect.

I'm content with asian guys and their current usage in high end goods and services like American Express cards.

funny, i've dated mostly black and spanish girls my whole life.

many of them "confessed" to me later that they've always had a secret forbidden attraction to asian men.

i think asian males are taught to believe that they are lesser. some people say that this came from when asian males were used as domestic servants in the west. a culture of emasculating the asian male protected white women from the wanton urges of these barbarous servants. this continues today in media and society. i never really bought into it. but i think many asian women do, unfortunately. can't blame them for believing in the hype.

it's interesting that masculine, confident and powerful images of the asian male exist in asia, but are supressed in the west. in fact, these portrayals of strong asian men from the east are pretty much the only positive ones that exist in the west.

I think most asians are more disciplined than other races, they are taught a lot more as kids than others. Whenever I go to restaurants or outside, I always see a bunch of random other race kids say the most random shit to their parents/people or just start running around like fools; and if I ever did this in front of my parents, I get my ass beat with coathangers/slippers or whatever. So, Asians with more tradtional backgrounds are usually taught to act a certain way and have a certain personality which maybe a lot less confident and less imposing than other races, which some girls think is all bad.

But truth be told, I know a lot of Asian girls that would pick an Asian guy over some white guys, the only Asian girls that would pick a white guy over an asian is an abrecrombie whore or former hollister hooker.

I think most asians are more disciplined than other races, they are taught a lot more as kids than others. Whenever I go to restaurants or outside, I always see a bunch of random other race kids say the most random shit to their parents/people or just start running around like fools; and if I ever did this in front of my parents, I get my ass beat with coathangers/slippers or whatever. So, Asians with more tradtional backgrounds are usually taught to act a certain way and have a certain personality which maybe a lot less confident and less imposing than other races, which some girls think is all bad.

I'm assuming that what you're seeing is happening in North America.

It actually has more to do with the fact that kids tend to be more spoiled today because the laws the constitute child abuse. A parent can't smack the shit out of their kids for acting out today.

Yuppie kid: Mommy shaves her hoo-hoo!

Yuppie dad: Okay, honey. Look, do you want your book?

Yuppie kid: I came in the bathroom this morning and asked Mommy what she was doing and she said shaving her hoo-hoo. Mommy shaves her hoo-hoo!

Yuppie dad: Dylan, remember when we discussed at-home conversations and outside conversations?

Yuppie kid: Yes.

Yuppie dad: Well, this is an at-home conversation.

Yuppie kid: Okay, daddy. [sings to herself quietly] Mommmyyy shaves her hoo-hooo...

Black lady: See, home conversating, outside conversating -- that's bullshit. My kid says shit like that, I smack him. He won't say shit like that again.

Yuppie dad: Okay, thank you, but I think our method works just fine.

Yuppie kid: Lady, do you shave your hoo-hoo?

Black lady: Oh, yeah, that shit is workin' just fine. She's all kinds of polite.

Yuppie dad: Okay, Dylan, this is our stop.

Most parents are forced to be soft these days.

It is strange reading all these comments about asian parents disaproving bf/gf because of social class and especially race. My mum couldn't care less who i date and she is pretty much your stereotypical asian parent. Alot of the times she likes who i date so much it gets to a point where it is embarrasing to bring her over to my place. Interestingly enough she reacts a bit differently towards chinese girls (we're chinese). Maybe being a chinese female herself she has first hand experience in what chinese girls are capable of i don't know, but she reacts less cautious to other chicks whom i date. My bro is getting married to a chinese girl, while approving the marriage, she's on high alert and keeps lecturing my bro to be careful.

I don't know whether these play a factor in her behaviour, but shes a single parent and has been living here in aus for more than 10 years (but still as traditional as any other asian parent). Compared to my bro i have a 'i don't give a shit' relationship with my mum whereas my bro will listen to her every word acting like a lap dog. I would like to hear some responses from members who have single asian parent and share their thoughts on this topic.

Also about the fighting for the bill at restaurtant thing, i don't think it's about whos looking down on who. Imo it is more about respecting family and friends and being friendly. I would often treat my mates a round of beers or big meals and i am happy to do so just cause i'm such a nice guy :).

^^^^^ agreed. my parnets are very stereotypical korean parents. but i've dated a variety of girls from poor, rich, white, korean, hispanic, and they've never said antyhing but positive things. they're always excited to meet htem, etc.

my mom was quite bummed out that i broke up with my gf last summer...she was an adopted korean girl.

many of them "confessed" to me later that they've always had a secret forbidden attraction to asian men.

i think asian males are taught to believe that they are lesser. some people say that this came from when asian males were used as domestic servants in the west. a culture of emasculating the asian male protected white women from the wanton urges of these barbarous servants. this continues today in media and society. i never really bought into it. but i think many asian women do, unfortunately. can't blame them for believing in the hype.

it's interesting that masculine, confident and powerful images of the asian male exist in asia, but are supressed in the west. in fact, these portrayals of strong asian men from the east are pretty much the only positive ones that exist in the west.

Yes...

But truth be told, I know a lot of Asian girls that would pick an Asian guy over some white guys, the only Asian girls that would pick a white guy over an asian is an abrecrombie whore or former hollister hooker.

...and yes.

So many native (and surprisingly american born & bred) asians, particularly chinese, korean and japanese, are momma's boys/culture pussies, which many white girls and increasing numbers of asian girls too find unattractive.