Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

Holy shitttt Chromeo fucking killed it with their live performance; crowd went batshit insane when they dropped Fancy Footwork. SOOO GOOD.

Chromeo/Treasure Fingers show i went to in Philly this past winter was one of the most fun concerts i've ever been too. Super energetic and great showmanship.

On a different note, I (and I'm sure other NY heads) are excited as hell for this weekend:

Dan Deacon on friday

deadmau5, louis la roche, danger on saturday (deadmau5 is separate, think i might do that then the danger set which starts @ 3 in the morning).

shins in NJ on sunday

the roots or little boots on monday

vampire wknd and hercules & love affair the following week

yesss

edit: wow just looked at that full hard lineup, why do shows like this NEVER happen in ny/the northeast?

Death From Above 1979

i return with gifts:

grum - runaway release (original w/charlie fanclub and super mal remixes)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ljonzvizz2l

I used Runaway (original) in my new mix. You kids should check-check-check it. Includes exclusive unreleased jawnz from SAVILE.

vffhjp.jpg

Tracklist

1) Alternative Reality - Get Away (The Outrunners Remix)

2) The Energies - Born Again Runner (Lifelike Remix)

3) Amari - Survivor (Keenhouse Remix)

4) Cindy Seui - Breakin Into Bits (Justin Faust Remix)

5) Xinboi - Day Off (Anoraak Remix)

6) Maroon 5 - This Love (Cut Copy Remix)

7) Vampire Weekend - The Kids Don't Stand a Chance (Chromeo Remix)

8) Anoraak - Nightdrive With You (Fear of Tigers Remix)

9) Neon Neon - I Told Her on Alderaan (Richard X Andress Remix)

10) Maethelvin - Dragster

11) Grum - Runaway

12) The Millioners - Body Into Use (Russ Chimes Remix)

13) The Virgins - Rich Girls (Le Castle Vania Remix)

14) The Young Punx - Dance With Someone Else

15) Flashmen - Flashmen Theme (Savile's Disco Dub) *UNRELEASED*

16) Phoenix - 1901 (Fabian Remix)

DOWNLOAD MIX-O

Would looove to hear any feedback, etc :)

anyone want to post up some essential tracks from the past month or so? i feel like i've missed a ton

tesla boy - spirit of the night valerie type

Hella rad.

Here's mine:

1) Annie - Anthonio (Fred Falke Remix)

2) Evermore - Hey Boys and Girls (Diamond Cut Remix)

3) Bat for Lashes - Daniel (Edwin Van Cleef Remix)

4) Friendly Fires - Skeleton Boy (Grum Remix)

5) Phoenix - Liztomania (Classixx Remix)

6) Milton Write - You Like to Dance (Database Re-Edit)

7) Justin Faust - Revenge (Russ Chimes Remix)

8) Flashmen - Flashmen Theme (Savile's Disco Dub)

Grab 'em in a .ZIP

(sorry, couldn't include the last one til it gets released.)

Chromeo/Treasure Fingers show i went to in Philly this past winter was one of the most fun concerts i've ever been too. Super energetic and great showmanship.

On a different note, I (and I'm sure other NY heads) are excited as hell for this weekend:

Dan Deacon on friday,

deadmau5, louis la roche, danger on saturday (deadmau5 is separate, think i might do that, then go 2 the danger set which starts @ 3 in the morning).

shins in NJ on sunday

the roots or little boots on monday

yesss

edit: wow just looked at that full hard lineup, why do shows like this NEVER happen in ny/the northeast?

the following week, vampire weekend and hercules & love affair concert

woah triple post. Shows like this don't happen in the northeast because there aren't 5,000 people venues all over the place here that aren't inhabited by douches. Not to mention there are a FUCKTON of people in LA that come out for parties... and in NYC people are spoiled and like to take the cheapest/free route.

danger tonight with the crystal method (eh) in ft. lauderdale. $26

my heart is telling me yes, but my wallet is telling me NOOOO

i don't know what to do.

Danger plays here for $5-10 max. Save yourself the trouble and pick up a ticket to NYC for Saturday :)

Danger plays here for $5-10 max. Save yourself the trouble and pick up a ticket to NYC for Saturday :)

exactly man! i'm moving to nyc in a year, so hopefully i'll catch him then. $26 is ridiculous, and that doesn't even include drinks.

i'm getting ready to kiss my electro animalism good bye

i'm moving to arkasas

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkkkk

also, in the HARD line up, who is UNDERWORLD?

Neg!

Not feelin Danger when he played Webster, hopefully Studio B will change my opinion.

any recommandations for a small party? i don't listen to a lot of electronic music...

edit: oh and i did check this thread and quite liked the cornelius - bloody beetroots.

speaking of cornelius, do any of you other producers know how that extremely high frequency sound is acheived? so crazy!

ps. whoever did that major lazer edit, shit is DOPE!

verb, i couldn't rep... love allll those tracks you posted and your mix looks BEAUTIFUL, downloading now.

I haven't listened to any of their EPs, but holy crap, Manners is MORE synthy than their EPs? I can't imagine that

shit sorry, that was confusing. Manners is much LESS synthy than their EPs.

underworld is great. my favorite is Rez

A0oMwKnU3OM

wasted i thought about the Danger show too... i can't justify the $26. i absolutely love em, and i'd probably make the 3hr trek if the crystal method's newest album wasn't so fuckin god awful... seeing just danger isn't worth it.

nowhere in germany is near paris... stuttgart/mannheim/köln/düsseldorf are each about 5 hours away but all of those cities suck. saarbrücken is 3.5-4 hours away, but really really sucks.

if germany you're probably better off moving to berlin/frankfurt/(hamburg) where you can have a good time without having to go to a different country

deadmau5 was *so* unenjoyable last night.

-85% guys, 2/3rds of which acted like it was the 1st concert they've ever been to, were guidos, or were frat-tastic bros.

- deadmau5s skills were very suspect (i seriously doubt he does a good chunk of his stuff live, there's no way you can DJ effectively w/o headphones/with a huge mask)

hopefully la roche/danger will be better.