Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

^IMG_0283.jpg he put on a great performance at coachella. its really incredible how impossible it is to classify his music in terms of genre. played sensual pop synth jams of sexuality to intro and then when into some guitar solo laden, american classic rock almost and finished off with la ritournelle which was nothing short of fucking gorgeous.

on some other on-topic shit:

IMG_0282.jpgbeetroots sort of*disappointed me. i've been pretty much supportive of them even with the hate bandwagon they've had on their back for a little while now much thanks to their usually successful performances, but their mixing was just shoddy. only really shining moment from their set was when they dropped sabotage. (beetroot #2 looks like the revolting blob from billy madison or some other fat masked wrestler in this one)

IMG_0281.jpg

the presets put on by far my favorite electro/quasi-electro performance of the weekend (then again i didnt get to see etienne because the fools i traveled with were being biggity bitches). they came heavier than i've ever heard from them before. something about a huge breakdown being accompanied by live drums, these guys and soulwax have got a pretty incredible format on lock.

Bag raiders late show this saturday at the abbey in chicago.

whats WC and EC? anyways.

they just released the Lola linup today via email. looks like they are trying something new and they say that these artists are "spinning at perry's" on the normal lineup thier isnt much EDMish stuff at all as expected.

* Bassnectar

* MSTRKRFT

* Simian Mobile Disco

* Deadmau5

* Boys Noize

* KiD CuDi

* Crookers

* A-Trak

* Hercules and Love Affair (DJ Set)

* The Bloody Beetroots (DJ Set)

* LA Riots

* Kaskade

* The Glitch Mob

* Hollywood Holt

* Rye Rye

* He Say, She Say

* Car Stereo (Wars)

* Dark Wave Disco

* Moneypenny

* Yello Fever

* Animal Collective (DJ Set)

damn that's a pretty lineup. gotta visit chi-town in august.

i really didnt want to go to both this and pitchfork but with that lineup im contemplating it. only $200 for 3 day passes right now which also includes tool, depeche mode, janes addiction, santigold, crystal castles, and lots more. damn. they def suprised me with the EDM stuff for sure. maybee pitchfork will suprise us as well. last year they did have cut copy.

ratatat soon. anyone seen them live before?

saw them march 07. It was cool. nothing spectacular but it was cool to see how everything came together live. Just wondering if anyone knew that the guitarist in Ratatat is (or was?)one of the touring guitarist for dashboard confessional. And that the bassist / programmer has his own thing called E*Vax

So it turns out I can't go to designer drugs because I have to play in vegas on saturday. Anyone willing to risk their lives and come to the tijuana show? I think thats a joke. anyways, new mix

Rebel Rebel Radio Show 1

http://www.zshare.net/audio/586585103ca6b319/

1. Shadow Dancer - Drivetime

2. Brodinski - Bad Runner

3. Simian Mobile Disco - Synthesise (No Voodoo Version)

4. Congorock - Runark (Jokers of the Scene Remix Philippe Edit)

5. Bobmo - Get'em, Junior

6. Shadow Dancer - Landlines

7. Zombie Nation - Worth It pt.1

8. Birdy Nam Nam - Trans Boulogne Express

9. AC Slater- Hello

10. Kid Cudi - Day n' Nite (Rusko's Big Trombone Remix)

11. Skream - Midnight Request Line

12. Kid Sister - Pro Nails (Rusko Remix)

13. Emalkay - Explicit

+rep for this duuuu. Rocking out to this set + Zombie Nations CD on way to Irvine last Friday saved me from the horrible traffic.