Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

im gettin into this electro indie stuff, i started listening to some mstrkrft and aoki (which i know isn't very popular w/this thread). can someone reccomend me a playlist of different dj's? some nice remixes, but also looking at original stuff

erm. anyone going to demf this year???

got my tix and my hotel booked... gonna be masssssive.

Adam Beyer

Adultnapper

Afrika Bambaataa

Al Ester

Anthony Attalla

Anthony Rother (Live)

Audion (Live)

Bad Boy Bill

Bassnectar

Benga

Benny Benassi

Busy P

Buzz Goree

Carl Cox

Carl Craig

Chloe Harris

Clark Warner

Craig Gonzalez

Damian Lazarus

Delano Smith

Dennis Ferrer

Derrick May

DJ Deeon

DJ Dick

DJ Godfather

DJ Omega

DJ Slugo

Drumcell (Live)

Ellen Allien

Exchange Bureau (Live)

Flying Lotus (Live)

Francois K

Frankie Vega

Guy Gerber (Live)

Heidi

Innervisions live: a critical mass (Live)

Jay Denham

Kate Simko (Live)

Kero (Live)

Kevin Reynolds (Live)

Kevin Saunderson

Krazy Baldhead (Live)

Lee Curtiss

Liz Copeland

Loco Dice vs. Luciano

Los Hermanos (Live)

Luke Hess (Live)

Lusine (Live)

Marc "MK" Kinchen & Scotty Deep (live)

Marco Carola

Mark "8en" Moss

Mieka du Franx

Mike Clark

Mike Huckaby

Minx

Monty Luke

Neil Landstrumm (Live)

Nic Fanciulli

Nikola Baytala

Norm Talley

Octave One (Live)

Osunlade

Quentin Harris

Rick Wade

RJD2

Ryan Elliott

Seoul vs Linder 2x4

Seth Troxler

Shaun Reeves

Stacey Hale

Starski & Clutch

Steve Bug

The Glitch Mob (Live)

The Sight Below (Live)

Tiefschwarz

Tiga

Wighnomy Bros

Will Web

Z-Trip

im gettin into this electro indie stuff, i started listening to some mstrkrft and aoki (which i know isn't very popular w/this thread). can someone reccomend me a playlist of different dj's? some nice remixes, but also looking at original stuff

aoki is crap

regardless of what anyone says, MSTRKRFT has put out some amazing tracks, even if their newer stuff is wack.

MSTRKRFT has two albums, "The Looks" released in 2006 and a new one released this year "Fist of God".

The looks is a classic and is a great album, although it's kinda old now. the new one is crap.

Also you should check out the various MSTRKRFT remixes, they are class as well.

MSTRKRFT- The Remixes

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IR98N82M

MSTRKRFT- The Looks

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=y6hyeub0

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/11243

everyone with firefox needs this. it skips all the ads and all that other bullshit on zshare, etc.

amazing. 90% of my incoming music comes from these sites, so useful.

some of the jamz i've been feeling lately:

a1 bassline - bad man horror theme

sebastien tellier - kilometer (aeroplane italo remix)

dj touche - vampires

la roux - quicksand (mad decent remix)

pryda - miami to atlanta

housemeister - beef jerky

etienne de crecy - hope

siriusmo - high together

jay robinson - acid line (tom deluxx remix)

juan maclean - one day

ps. slept on some of these.

amazing. 90% of my incoming music comes from these sites, so useful.

some of the jamz i've been feeling lately:

a1 bassline - bad man horror theme

dj touche - vampires

pryda - miami to atlanta

housemeister - beef jerky

etienne de crecy - hope

siriusmo - high together

jay robinson - acid line (tom deluxx remix)

juan maclean - one day

agreed. it's absolutely genius. also, all those songs are fantastic, and i've been especially feeling sirisumo's new ep it's so good

my friend recently sent me: lykke li - dance dance dance (buraka som sistema remix), which is great. so is the gossip - heavy cross (fred falke remix)

oh and new kid sister:

kid sister - i'll house you

http://www.mediafire.com/?enzdkznrmmn

i like it. really looking forward to her new album, which is all she tweets about

juan maclean - one day

heard those and they are dope. but I prefer the A-trak remix of Kilometer; it just works better.

Anyway, anybody go to Audiotistic??

Holy shitttt Chromeo fucking killed it with their live performance; crowd went batshit insane when they dropped Fancy Footwork. SOOO GOOD.

Le Castle Vania also tore shit up. His set was so dope with such bangers as Zero Machine, Rave is King, Deadly on a Mission, etc. Shit was fuckin ridiculous; he went crowd surfing mid-set. thanks for the free CD.

Last act of the night was Kill the Noise. Solid set of electro house dopeness. I was tired, rolled out, and leaning on the rail in the very front of the stage but still rocking out hard.

EDC or Hard Summer anybody?

I was at audiotistic and I have to say it was one of the best events I've been to that insmoniac's put on. I ended up chillin at the hip hop stage for a bit and caught part of ztrips set and he was dropping some dubstep which I thought was tight. I'm sure he can't do that at most of his shows. I ended up in the trance room for most of the night because above & beyond is my guilty pleasure when it comes to trance but I'm glad to hear the electro stage was going off. I wanted to see villains but like usual, we got there way too late and I was kinda disappointed by chromeo at coachella but it sounds like they've stepped their game up. I'll probably see you all at hard summer, if not the friday of edc

I'm kinda disappointed with the hard lineup since I've already seen 10 of these acts and most of them at previous hard events. I feel like their starting to rehash these lineups a bit and I wish they would have brought out some newer faces like proxy, yuksek, para one, zombie nation ect instead of what seems like "the usual". I was kinda hoping for some dubstep names too aside from 12th planet like skream or caspa. I'll still probably go and have a great time, I'm just worried they'll never live up to hard haunted mansion.

I'm kinda disappointed with the hard lineup since I've already seen 10 of these acts and most of them at previous hard events. I feel like their starting to rehash these lineups a bit and I wish they would have brought out some newer faces like proxy, yuksek, para one, zombie nation ect instead of what seems like "the usual". I was kinda hoping for some dubstep names too aside from 12th planet like skream or caspa. I'll still probably go and have a great time, I'm just worried they'll never live up to hard haunted mansion.

word i feel you on that. I'm def not going that's a crap lineup.

I'm already seeing tiga at avalon my 29th. pretty much seen everyone else

and about zombie nation. I talked to him when I was in Dublin, he told me he's gonna play this years hard haunted mansion..so we'll see

I was at audiotistic and I have to say it was one of the best events I've been to that insmoniac's put on. I ended up chillin at the hip hop stage for a bit and caught part of ztrips set and he was dropping some dubstep which I thought was tight. I'm sure he can't do that at most of his shows. I ended up in the trance room for most of the night because above & beyond is my guilty pleasure when it comes to trance but I'm glad to hear the electro stage was going off. I wanted to see villains but like usual, we got there way too late and I was kinda disappointed by chromeo at coachella but it sounds like they've stepped their game up. I'll probably see you all at hard summer, if not the friday of edc

Ahh I regret missing z-trip but I did think Above and Beyond's set was sorely disappointing. They came on at like 1:15, I left within 30 minutes (to go see Armand van Helden) cuz that shit was straight up putting me to sleep. I feel just a little embarrassed to say this but A&B can't top Armin van Buuren at Together at One 2009; that was the best trance set ever. despite what yall say, Audiotistic this year was DOPE.

Friday's EDC lineup looks dope. I'm super stoked to see Shinichi Osawa cuz I missed out on EDC last year. Also down to see le castle vania again as he threw down huge both of the times I've seen him live. Never seen Boys Noize live, hope they live up to the hype. Thievery Corporation? should be interesting...

holy shit i missed a lot.... been buried in school and without internet for almost a month. time to backtrack BRB

w3rd, caught up.

i return with gifts:

grum - runaway release (original w/charlie fanclub and super mal remixes)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ljonzvizz2l

siriusmo - the uninvited guest ep

http://www.mediafire.com/?2llziklztom

the faint - mirror error release (w/djedjotronic, BOMB tensnake remix, and of course das glow's)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ew5rw1q1nk0

fuck i've been out of the loop. anyone get into sub focus's essential? the new basement jaxx track raindrops? heads we dance album?

i missed you guys smiley-hug002.gif

Friday's EDC lineup looks dope. I'm super stoked to see Shinichi Osawa cuz I missed out on EDC last year. Also down to see le castle vania again as he threw down huge both of the times I've seen him live. Never seen Boys Noize live, hope they live up to the hype. Thievery Corporation? should be interesting...

EDC looks like it's gonna be good

fyi boys noize is one person

Anyone heard Passion Pits new album Manners?...pretty keen to have a listen, big fan of their ep from last year.

Seeing Villains this Friday should be pretty hyoooooj

i can't get into passion pit's LP... its really different compared to their EP's, less synths and shit.

no prob terrible1fi!

anyone want to post up some essential tracks from the past month or so? i feel like i've missed a ton

feeling these (sorry for all the links):

phonat - set me free (tasmanian disco stampede mix) (and the original of course) track of '09 as of yet

basement jaxx - raindrops competing for track of '09

tesla boy - spirit of the night valerie type

sidechains - can't love u babe valerie/surkin-ish

deadmau5 & kaskade - i remember (caspa remix) dubstep

bionic commando - theme (rusko remix) dubstep