Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

I got there at like the middle/end of La Roche's set, place cleared out right after basically. Danger was soooo good.

I was the tall kid in the straw hat. Dino_Might was with me. Lib1945 and Fookums were there too for a bit. Think bluespring was as well?

I don't know why more people didn't go, it was a really good set. Not much else was going on in terms of concerts within that music genre- just a second deadmau5 concert in 2 days which was supposedly (again) filled with bros and guidos, and dan deacon (which i regret not going to on friday)

I don't know why more people didn't go, it was a really good set. Not much else was going on in terms of concerts within that music genre- just a second deadmau5 concert in 2 days which was supposedly (again) filled with bros and guidos, and dan deacon (which i regret not going to on friday)

Studio B never sells out apparently

and it's way the fuck out there

so

more for us, I guess.

La Roche and Faust aren't big draws, unfortunately. Danger was only announced a week in advance so it's rough to put a full (600-800 people) together to pack out Studio B.

We're doing a show there next Sunday w/ VEGA and will probably close the upstairs + stage area just so it looks more full :( Studio B is fucking HARD as fuck to fill... every promoter/club is trying to book the same acts and on some nights you have to go up against Webster/Pasha/LPR/loft parties/DIY shows/etc.

Managed to check out Ratatat last night..

Wicked set!...and the visuals were incredible. Massive sold out crowd for a sunday night too. Would've topped the night off if they dropped 'El Pico' but I'm not complaining :D

i saw that Girl Talk was going to be head lining my school's annual music festival, I was whatev about it. that shit seriously exceeded expectations; managed to get backstage and spent about an hour and a half dancing crazy on stage in front thousands of people. that was the biggest mosh pit in a college crowd I've ever seen. EPIC

anyway, anybody know what's good in SD within the next month?

i saw that Girl Talk was going to be head lining my school's annual music festival, I was whatev about it. that shit seriously exceeded expectations; managed to get backstage and spent about an hour and a half dancing crazy on stage in front thousands of people. that was the biggest mosh pit in a college crowd I've ever seen. EPIC

anyway, anybody know what's good in SD within the next month?

ew girl talk

hercules and love affair dj set at spin on 5/23....

la riots 7/4...

verb, I may comeback for that if I can make it in/have the money

sounds like a fun time

Studio B is a dope space, just wish it wasn't so far out of the way.

Word here's the flyer. FREE FREE FREE party, so heads need to come. Plus VEGA (Myspace) deserves it.

ffsurfMEDNO.jpg

p.s. that's me with the glasses.

La Roche and Faust aren't big draws, unfortunately. Danger was only announced a week in advance so it's rough to put a full (600-800 people) together to pack out Studio B.

We're doing a show there next Sunday w/ VEGA and will probably close the upstairs + stage area just so it looks more full :( Studio B is fucking HARD as fuck to fill... every promoter/club is trying to book the same acts and on some nights you have to go up against Webster/Pasha/LPR/loft parties/DIY shows/etc.

i feel you. i've only been there once before (a-trak & medhi), it was packed and crazy which is why i though this would be crowded as well despite its being out of the way

do you really?

it's not that mind blowing having it happen

I've avoided it until that picture and the only reason they shot me cause I had a huge Squidward Balloon and the place had less than 20 people in it.

crap i don't think i saw either of you there. Dayummmm. And yeah, DJing with Veeeeega. Show will be great, I hope. Realllly need kids to come out because Studio B is a big as fuck space and looks empty even w/ like 400 people there!