Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

crap i don't think i saw either of you there. Dayummmm. And yeah, DJing with Veeeeega. Show will be great, I hope. Realllly need kids to come out because Studio B is a big as fuck space and looks empty even w/ like 400 people there!
What you guys were all there and didn't say hi? :( My girlfriend and I were the only people dancing during the start of Justin Faust's set, maybe ya recognized? White shirt/red hair.

were you not hanging around the right of the stage during daner? i saw a white dood in a tee eyeing me down at one point..

i heard the deadmau5 crowd was TERRIBLE, so who's all going to Tiga on friday?

ill be in fla for tiga, but im tryina hit up modeselektor soon..

were you not hanging around the right of the stage during daner? i saw a white dood in a tee eyeing me down at one point.

creeepy haha

yea! thanks for the millie. definitely reminds me of danger. would rep, but i can't.

also, i wish tiga was coming to florida. i didn't go to danger in ft. lauderdale, but i'm surprised he had such a small turn out in nyc. i haven't been, but for some reason i thought studio b was a really popular venue

^fuck you

for some reason i thought studio b was a really popular venue

when i saw dead prez/immortal technique/krs-one there the crowd was much bigger. still nowhere near capacity however

but i'm surprised he had such a small turn out in nyc. i haven't been, but for some reason i thought studio b was a really popular venue

Studio B is a very popular venue but Danger played the night before at Webster as his official 'NYC show' and then announced the Studio B show just a few days before it happened.

you guys checked out Mille?

http://discodust.blogspot.com/2009/05/mille.html

shit is extremely Danger-ish, i'm really feelin it

here's a zip of his tracks

download

PLUS FUCKIN REP DUUUUU

this shit blew my mind for reals. yes, sounds like danger but I love danger and this is some fresh shit.

btw, check out this danger remix if you haven't heard it already:

Empire of the Sun - Walking On A Dream (Danger "Racing" Remix)

Studio B is a very popular venue but Danger played the night before at Webster as his official 'NYC show' and then announced the Studio B show just a few days before it happened.

i was at Webster the night before his show at studio B and deadmau5 was performing (before that were some random opening DJs). Maybe somewhere else?

I'm diggin this danger remix, I hadn't heard it before but it seems like everyone and their moms made a remix of walking on a dream, which do you guys think is the best?

there are soso many empire of the sun remixes (especially for walking on a dream and we are the people). i actually went through my itunes the other day and deleted a bunch of them and kept the ones that i really liked.

as to walking on a dream, van she's, danger's, and treasure fingers' remixes are really good. for we are the people, i really like shazam's and the golden filter's remixes (this is seriously so good, and if you don't have it, here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?zivw4ziuezl).

unrelated, but i really like classixx's new song: i'll get you (feat. jeppe)

http://www.mediafire.com/?nd4gm0m0jzw

Yes! Treasure fingers is exactly what i was looking for. I remember playing this remix last week while we were spinning a beach event and it fit so perfectly with the setting.

Anyone been listening to the new felix cartal ep? I'm totally digging salty lakes, I just wish it was a bit longer at the end but the buildup is enormous. I remember Felix da Housecat playing it at coachela and not knowing what it was at the time. Montreal Dreams is also obviously a banger but we've known that for a while now. I'm really interested to see what he does with a full album

Yes! Treasure fingers is exactly what i was looking for. I remember playing this remix last week while we were spinning a beach event and it fit so perfectly with the setting.

i've been playing that Treasure Fingers remix of Walking on a Dream all day, I like it marginally better than the danger remix.

anybody wanna recommend some tunes for a chillax summer beach vibe?

Empire of the Sun is in there for sure; I want to compile a sick set that would be perfect for chilling on a nice summer afternoon.

also, how did Deadmau5 do and how was the crowd? broskis?

like how chill are you talking?

shazam, breakbot chill? or more seafoam balearic / nu-disco

get everything by Tensnake and Air France immediately. Todd Terje's edits are great too, Studio, The Juan Maclean, Dølle Jølle, Aeroplane. i could throw some ultimate summer jams in zip if you want. i love doing that kind of shit.

haha. ya. got the vci about a week ago and the monitors yesterday. took 3 fucking trips to guitar center though.

First the guy said everything was in the box to hook the monitors up, I asked if there was the cables needed to go from soundcard to monitors, he said yes.

Got home, negative.

Back to guitar center, guy was on break so the next guy... I told him I need 1/4" to rca, he said let me double check your soundcard specs and seeso he tells me I need 1/4" to 1/4" . I figured he was looking at the computer for 5 minutes to decide that, he must be right and I must have forgotten what was on the back of my audio4.

Negative

3rd trip yielded the correct cable.

Partially my fault, I should have known what I needed, but they're supposed to know that shit, they were all fuckheads that didn't want to help someone with a $100 sale despite the fact there was no one else in the store.

fuck guitar center, only went there because it's a 5block walk and they were running a memorial day promo on the alesis' for $69

on another note, that is more on topic.

I fucking need JELLYROLL

anyone have the new scion sampler? would give reps for the rest of my life if you do

like how chill are you talking?

get everything by Tensnake and Air France immediately. Todd Terje's edits are great too, Studio, The Juan Maclean, Dølle Jølle, Aeroplane. i could throw some ultimate summer jams in zip if you want. i love doing that kind of shit.

thanks for the suggestions; I was looking for something akin to the vibe of the original Walking on a Dream song. something that has a relaxed vibe. tunes that sound similar to that would be awesome.

but i also down for this:

shazam, breakbot chill? or more seafoam balearic / nu-disco

I'd be so down if you'd upload a nice mix in a zip. :)

thankssss