Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

but i do agree about him being a bit overhyped. i hate to go against things just because they get popular, but i cant help but cringe a bit when i see droves of midwest/connecticutbros in frayed-bill hats, cargo shorts and flip flops getting all bro to some deadmau5bro or requesting his shit incessantly.

bro have you heard of dead mau five bro?

honestly though, I think arguru, the reward is cheese, and faxing berlin are some of his bests but I think his sound is way too repetitive and his essential mix nearly lulled me to sleep/death on the 5 freeway with nothing but his own tracks for 2 straight hours. I think his music and his live show are both good but I don't think its deserving of all the hype

Guest Methimphibian
but i do agree about him being a bit overhyped. i hate to go against things just because they get popular, but i cant help but cringe a bit when i see droves of midwest/connecticutbros in frayed-bill hats, cargo shorts and flip flops getting all bro to some deadmau5bro or requesting his shit incessantly.

I think that should be a good thing, just means more people are appreciating the musician.

stupid people are always going to like ____ artist, but that shouldn't take away from their music imo.

thorough, i've seen bagraiders at least 5 times and they're always great. they play really fun, dancey stuff. they always play some of their own stuff which is rad too. plus they will probably play some unreleased stuff from their new album which is coming out later.

i have no idea as to what equip they use though.

new louis la roche EP is out, preview sounds sick

where i neeeed it

btw deadmau5 at ultra was wack. the only track i liked was ghosts n stuff... everything else he played sounded like crappy trance

saw ratatat live tonite... pretty awesome show

where i neeeed it

btw deadmau5 at ultra was wack. the only track i liked was ghosts n stuff... everything else he played sounded like crappy trance

saw ratatat live tonite... pretty awesome show

i thought it was yesterday... oh well

how was revolution? i seriously haven't been there since high school (4+ years ago)

and i agree new louis la roche is goood

^ Comme des Enfants (Le Matos Andy Carmichael Remix).mp3 that one is incredible. Got that from some electro music blog, loved it ever since.

anyway, Desginer Drugs in SD May 2nd!! I should be there. awesome

yes, the only noteworthy Coeur de Pirate remix , but

seriously, thanks for the heads up mate

DOPE shit, what are you guys using to produce? logic? protools?

Ableton baby :) Synths used were:

1) Sylenth1

2) Prophet 08

3) JX-8P

FX Plugins:

1) Bunch of Ableton shit

2) PSP Vintage Warmer / Mixpressor 2

3) IIeq pro

4) The Glue

Ableton baby :) Synths used were:

1) Sylenth1

2) Prophet 08

3) JX-8P

FX Plugins:

1) Bunch of Ableton shit

2) PSP Vintage Warmer / Mixpressor 2

3) IIeq pro

4) The Glue

What all compression/limiting did you use on the Master track, if any? Not to derail this thread into a production one, but your tracks sound great in all aspects of arrangement, sound, vocals, etc. along with production quality. I just noticed when I threw it into Ableton to mess with it and some other songs that the spectrum/levels didn't seem as high as other MP3's I've seen...of course we know how some artists like to over-compress stuff.

Very,very good stuff though, guys.

What all compression/limiting did you use on the Master track, if any? Not to derail this thread into a production one, but your tracks sound great in all aspects of arrangement, sound, vocals, etc. along with production quality. I just noticed when I threw it into Ableton to mess with it and some other songs that the spectrum/levels didn't seem as high as other MP3's I've seen...of course we know how some artists like to over-compress stuff.

Very,very good stuff though, guys.

Oops sorry I forgot to include that I stuck Ozone on each master and tweaked a few settings. It's honestly my first attempt at mastering the stuff so I just kinda winged it and tried to just go with what sounded good.

Flashmen Theme has Vintage Warmer + Ozone on the master. Wildkat has The Glue + Ozone on the master.

Thanks so much for the kind words!! I'll post some new stuff in the next few weeks as we get to releasing it :)

speaking of production, wat do ya'll think of this?

linkkkkk might sound like shit as it wasn't EQ'd, no normalizing, none of that, just ran through Ozone, think it's worth fleshing out? just fucking with melodies

Sounds good to me. About 0:16 seconds in, what did you use for those pad-sounding hits? Good sound...