Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

im looking to add some digital mixing to my standard vinyl setup. im debating between a serato setup or a Cdj. has anyone used the numark cdx?surely not as good as serato right? even with a pioneer or whatever it seems to be a good cheeper option than getting a laptop and the serato interace and all that.(provided you dont already have a decent laptop)

i was reminded of the cdj idea when i saw bloody beetroots the other day.

thier setup

two pioneer cdj's

mixer

connected to some roland effects unit

with a mixer between the two.

didnt really feel like the bigger dude runnin the effects was doing all that much.

im looking to add some digital mixing to my standard vinyl setup. im debating between a serato setup or a Cdj. has anyone used the numark cdx?surely not as good as serato right? even with a pioneer or whatever it seems to be a good cheeper option than getting a laptop and the serato interace and all that.(provided you dont already have a decent laptop)

thier setup

two pioneer cdj's

mixer

didnt really feel like the bigger dude runnin the effects was doing all that much.

just from experience, numark stuff is bad quality.

used technics 1200's are cheap. ebay or craigslist, check it

laptops are getting cheap. got mine for 600 and it works amazing.

sl1's will be cheap now that the sl3 is out. expect to pay 300-400 for that.

don't go cheap on the equipment. you'll be happy you didn't

a lot of my friends give steve aoki shit, but i'm not lying when i say that he was one of my favs from wmc. he killllllllllled it

i wish i knew the name of those tracks, though. sorry

its electro-chic to hate on steve aoki. lets not all just hop on the erol forum bandwagon here, dude's got magnificent showmanship.

anybody have chillout/house/downtempo on some NYC vibe tip?

albums, mixes, anything

kinda unconventional in this thread, but yeah..

BONOBO - ANIMAL MAGIC

Some tracks are good for thinking, sleeping, driving, hope, and evil thoughts / planning an assult (their are only a few on here... Dinosaurs, Kota, and Sugar Rhyme)

thier setup

two pioneer cdj's

mixer

at webster the one du was playin' w/ a kaoscillator, maybe a kaoss pad too

"What’s more, the boys will also begin work on a full-length album to be released in the second half of the year"

bagraiders.com

yes yes yes yes YES!!

Bag Raiders @ Club Europa on Friday in NYC ;) Be there or I will burn all my Geller shit :(

everyone seems to be really into bloody beetroots right now....frankly I'm over them. They had a few cool remixes/originals about 8 months ago, but I can't handle all that noise, it's gotten a bit monotonous. Maybe it's their live game everyone is so impressed with?

you need to check out their new remix.

IMO it's the only good thing they've done for awhile

http://www.mediafire.com/?n2bm0dtingm

everyone seems to be really into bloody beetroots right now....frankly I'm over them. They had a few cool remixes/originals about 8 months ago, but I can't handle all that noise, it's gotten a bit monotonous. Maybe it's their live game everyone is so impressed with?

they're the shit live. i saw them last night and it was fucking insane. they played a bit of every genre. the crowd went fucking nuts and broke the glass in the DJ booth. i admit i helped break one.

http://rooftopfistfights.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/b2_next_of_kin_todd_edwards_re-kindled_mix.mp3

btw, i feel like maybe im posting shit on this board noone else is into... if so im gonna stop

lmk

trust me, you're not. some people just dont have any shit to post so they just come on here to see whats good. i've told some of my friends about this board so they could check it out and they do.

wooooo boooooost

damn i missed out on going :/

how was it??

Rusko absolutely destroyed. It was my first dubstep experience and it was so fuckin sick to say the least.

oh and destructo played proxy's what you need remix on the function one sound system and all I have to say is that its HUGEEEEEEE

^depends what sort of 'lectro you're looking for. i quite like 'ghosts n' stuff' (especially his HARD intro version:

just this video alone should make you feel at least a little bit of respect/envy for the fella), also like the build ups on 'the reward is cheese', his harder better faster stronger remix is a banger and 'i remember' is good for when you wanna get all feminine and trancey.

but i do agree about him being a bit overhyped. i hate to go against things just because they get popular, but i cant help but cringe a bit when i see droves of midwest/connecticutbros in frayed-bill hats, cargo shorts and flip flops getting all bro to some deadmau5bro or requesting his shit incessantly.