Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

bru's... i gotta question..

for all the actual djs in this thread. what gear are you using?

im pondering whether or not to save up for a rig or not. im in clubs or whatnot around here and half the time im thinking ive got better shit on my computer than what theyre spinning, might be nice to see all my time spent on the internet actually go to something constructive.

please halp!

new bloody beetroots/steve aoki slayed the crowd every time.

Does anyone else really hate this track? It took me a while to even give it a full listen after seeing "feat STEVE AOKI" in the track title but I finally did and damn this is shit. I hated it the second i heard the dominator sample and then the woo woo just sealed the deal, I will not play this as much as I do love the bloody beetroots.

please halp!

My personal setup is 2 12's, a shitty vestax mixer and serato but weidna has a a&h xone 32 so we usually gig on that if the club mixer is shitty but the only thing thats annoying about it is that it doesnt have xlr ports which is how most clubs connect to the house system. If you have the budget, I'd say either get technics + serato or cdj's before getting a midi controller. You're gonna learn a lot more that way and any decent mixer will work as long as it has full eq's. Serato is really good to pick up mixing quickly because of all the visual cues but it will take it much longer to learn to beatmatch by ear for that same reason. cdj's can do all the same things but it has a bit more of a learning curve but you will be a better technical dj becase of it in the long run. Lemme know if you have any more questions

Hm, I guess Fake Blood played his remix of Darude - Sandstorm at WMC

This post is getting way too long but... I'm pretty sure that was a joke between erol and fake blood. Someone on the erol forums made a fake remix then theo posted on the forums that he liked it and was gonna play it out as a joke. I'm not sure if he actually played it but I don't think theres even an actual remix

Does anyone else really hate this track? It took me a while to even give it a full listen after seeing "feat STEVE AOKI" in the track title but I finally did and damn this is shit. I hated it the second i heard the dominator sample and then the woo woo just sealed the deal, I will not play this as much as I do love the bloody beetroots.

i didn't like it at first either, especially after seeing the video. but, it has definitely grown on me. give it another chance man!

im pondering whether or not to save up for a rig or not. im in clubs or whatnot around here and half the time im thinking ive got better shit on my computer than what theyre spinning, might be nice to see all my time spent on the internet actually go to something constructive.

please halp!

Not sure if I count since I use a laptop. I run a very simple setup:

1) Macbook 13" w/ Ableton Live 7 and 4 channels (first two assigned to xfader A, second two to xfader B)

2) Uc-33e

3) MotU Ultralite

I run one pair of stereo 1/4" cables to RCA out of the Ultralite.

It's a very minimal setup because I hate spending time setting up at clubs. Especially when I'm always having to throw my laptop on one of the turntables when the previous guy switches to internal mode, then throw my ultralight behind the mixer and panic while I try to plug in the RCA's before his last track finishes.

I map 4 faders on the uc33e to volume for each of my channels for house-style slow fades. I map 5 effects knobs to each channel and 1 to the low eq so i can do smooth bassline transitions. I map a few keyboard buttons to crossfader left/center/right and I have a EQ low kill toggle, headphone cue, and track on/off for each track on the left side of my keyboard.

I have to say though, running a simple Serato/Technics 12's/DJM 500 is a nice budget way to practice at home and you won't get any of the anti-laptop sentiment that is thrown my way occasionally.

helppp

who should i see? bloody beetroots or crookers? or both? or neither?

they're spinnin both same weekend

Personally I'd hit Crookers. Beetroots are all about distorted electro (yawnyawnyawn) and if you've seen MSTRKRFT you've seen beetroots. At least crookers drop some crazy surprises and a few fun tracks and some old italo disco!